No announcement yet.

Before J/C - What Did You USED to Play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First electric was a Kramer XL-6, that I modded and installed a Kahler Steeler. After that various Ibanez RG's.....then my first Dinky.
    Damn this is an expensive hobby.....

Comment

I had three before my jackson; a late 70's Ibanez LP copy, a late 90's Ibanez RG 320, and an '01 RG 470.

I still have the 470 and the LP. Gave the RG 320 and a 15w SS Crate amp to my teenage niece.

The SL1 just blows away the other guitars, there really is no comparison.

later,

Steve
      Guitars:
      '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
      '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
      '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
      Amp:
      VOX AD30VT

Comment

My first guitar was an Epiphone Mo'Baby (I SERIOUSLY hope nobody here knows what that is.. that shit's embarassing!) whose final fate was being set on fire with rubber cement, smashed, beaten with a snow shovel (some of my friends "got a little rowdy one night," I didn't care except that I woulda liked to be there to participate in the beating).
        Second guitar, Ibanez GRX (bad choice...)

Less than a year after getting the GRX, Jackson DR-3! I've said it before and I'll say it again, if I didn't somewhere along the line decide I don't like rosewood fingerboards, I would still have that guitar now. Shoulda kept it anyway, woulda been a great axe if I had gotten around to replacing the trem and pups.

Comment

Started off with a squier strat . Then a couple of Yamahas .... an RGX 612 and a Rhoads shape called FZ1000 . Couldn't afford the real thing .
          Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

My first electric was a Rockson stage series, copy of a dinky, it had a strat shaped body SSH set up and a droopy headstock.

I traded that one in for a Vester Telecaster copy which in hindsight I should've kept for sentimental reasons but I ended up trading that one for the love of my life.

A squier 1989 Stratocaster, lovingly nicknamed "the Veteran" I bought it 15 years ago on my fifteenth birthday and have continued to use it throughout all bands I was in and every performance I ever did. This year though I decided to retire it.

I no longer own my Charvel Model 3, somebody gave me a good offer and I went with it. Twice the amount than what I played for it but thenb again I never really played it that much.

I now am a fully fledged Gibson man using two Les Pauls and a Nighthawk as my main instruments.

Comment

My first name-brand guitar was a 1965 Fender Mustang in Daphne Blue. Paid $50 for that guitar in 1973. Then I got a Gibson SG and a Les Paul.

My first guitar with a decent trem was a Westone Paduak that I bought at a salvage center in 1982. Single hum with a Gotoh dual-sound pickup and onboard preamp. I added a Rockinger locking trem and that was pretty nice. I also got into Carvins with Kahler trems and liked those a lot too.

My first Jackson was a Dinky Pro Reverse, Taiwan-made for Musicians Friend. Then a Model 6 in Shattered Glass. My high # at once in C/Js was 2 Model 6s, 2 DK2s and a Performer/JTX hybrid Kelly. I'm down to one Model 6, a DK2S and a PS-2. Still have my Gibsons and my Carvins, except I had to sell my V220T and my V440B. I miss those, but you have to do what you have to do.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

First was a '68 Fender Bronco.
                Then a '95 Strat Plus (awesome guitar, wish I'd never sold it)
                BC Rich w/the skull pile graphic (Body Art series)
                Ibanez RG350DX
                Then I got my RX10D and it's been Jacksons ever since.

Comment

1 - Fandel "Rick" copy
                  2 - Aria Pro
                  3 - Squier Strat ('88 or thereabouts)
                  4 - Washburn import of some kind
                  5 - Hamer Slammer
                  6 - Music Yo Kramer Striker
                  7 - DR3 and KV3 (and from there, I was hooked - SL1, KE2T, XTRR, Y2KV, DK1, DXMG, DK2LE, DK2, DK2S, and many others followed)

Of course, now I'm playing Mexistrats. Go figure.
                  My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

I've had heaps from no-name china brands, Epiphone, Fernandes, Westone, Gibson, Dean, PRS - ironically I've opted to sell em all in favour of two KE-3s... Probably pretty low-end for you seasoned JCFers, but I'm happy to have found the perfect shape/neck/style for me after all those guitars. Not averse to building the collection when I have more $$$

Comment

Started off with a late 60's Holiday electric and an old JC Pennys amp. I then moved up to a Silvertone which I gave to away to someone who wanted to play guitar.

First real guitar was a 1984 Aria Pro II RS Knight Warrior. Got my forst Charvel in 86, a red Model 2. Traded it off a few months later. I soon added a 86 Model 3A, 4,4M, 1C, another Model 2, 375, ESP Lynch, a couple Charvel SD's.

Then last year I found a red 86 model 2 in a local pawn shop, bought for sentimental reasons. Got it home and found my initials in the neck pocket. So my old Aria and Charvel were reunited 20 after I sold it off.

Comment

Started with a Mako Rhoads (essentially the same as a hondo, but set neck), progressed to a Gibson Flying v, found Jackson

Comment

I started with a Harmony strat from Service Merchandise, next was a Mako B.C. Rich copy (not sure what the shape is called, but it looked like Mick Mars' from the Looks That Kill video). Then I found Charvel.

Alvin
                          MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

First was a 67 fender mustang then 68 Gibson SG,65 Gibson Trini Lopez 335,Then tons of every thing after that.Then in 89 Jackson/Charvel fever hit.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

My first electric was a Vantage (Samick) copy of a 62 Strat. I put up with that POS for maybe 2 weeks and then I got a San Dimas Charvel. After that I bought a '57 RI Strat, an El Degas Les Paul Custom and about a dozen C/Js.

Comment

I started with a cheapo BASS, actually, then moved to an Acoustic Black Widow ("Acoustic" was the brand name - it was a solidbody electric guitar), then a Hondo H1, then a Fender Lead III in a beautiful Cherry Sunburst (which has made me love Cherry Sunburst guitars ever since), then a Kramer Focus 1000, then, finally, my first J/C - a Charvel Model 2, in Pearl White (another of my favorite colors).

Comment

Working...
                                X