Pulled my B.C. Rich mockingbird out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanc...

Actually...I saved that stuff from the evil troll getting his hands on it! I sold it to a USA Bolt-on enthusiast from Florida.

Sully...*sigh* yeah...I had one. It had the thinner reverse Firebird headstock. The coolest thing was, it had Steinberger gearless tuners. And it was bolt-on. But the CS marks and #'s made sense, so there was no doubt it was legit.

Comment

I remember a similar Mockingbird in the 1993 Class Axe catalog... amazing! I thought Class Axe did some cool stuff during their short reign... Nice man!

Comment

Originally posted by Loudone

I remember a similar Mockingbird in the 1993 Class Axe catalog... amazing! I thought Class Axe did some cool stuff during their short reign... Nice man!
        Thanks dude!

That was the inspiration for this one. That one was a bolt-on...and it hung in the lobby of the building. I got to play it, and everything about it reeked of coolness. So I picked the same woods that were used on that one, but I wanted it neckthru and with a no-inlay ebony board. The catalog one also had a couple more laminations of maple and ebony going thru the middle.

Comment

I used to own the SKULL Gunslinger that was airbrushed by TOMCAT... It wasn't the one pictured in the catalog though... The crossbones were a little different, which I can understand since they were all hand painted...

Comment

Tomcat was a good buddy. I even helped in his shop for a while after Class Axe folded, prepping guitars to be painted. He shot my doubleneck Warlock.

I lost touch with him since...so I hope he's still painting.

Comment

..nice thread.. it cracks ya up and then has the good, the bad, the .. well ya know.
              I wish I would've scored those USA parts. Must've been sad to see all that stuff go as it did from the factory.

Comment

yeah, but i'm sure it kicked ass for the new owner to see it arrive!
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sully, Rocker Guitars in San Francisco has a BCR Firebird. Archtop goldtop with TOM bridge. Weighs 2000 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Venomboy
                    Sully, Rocker Guitars in San Francisco has a BCR Firebird. Archtop goldtop with TOM bridge. Weighs 2000 lbs.
                    Mine weighed 2000 lbs too...and was about 2 1/2" thick...solid!

Sully...Hell yeah the dude was happy!! He said it was like Christmas man!
                    Of course I kept a couple that I knew I'd eventually get to, and I eventually did, and sold 'em.

Comment

really hot

Comment

Originally posted by sully
                        nice mock, sir! are those your work clothes in the background?
                        Purely ceremonial
                        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Oh, man, where are my pants? ............Oh there they are!!

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

makes me kinda miss my two old biches...over the years i owned three in all...and a 21 fret yellow sparkle mocking bird...the only bich i really wish i had back was a see thru red one tho...very easy to spot as a local luthier added cloud inlays to the 21st and 24th fret as well...ahhh the good ol' days...d.m.
                            http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

WOw. Sick collection of Richs. I forgot how cool some of those guitars can be. Thanks for sharing.
                              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Couple more pics...

The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
                                X