Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My day at Dean. Dime's guitars, EVH's guitar, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My day at Dean. Dime\'s guitars, EVH\'s guitar,

[ QUOTE ]
    WOW!

As a regular poster at the Dean forum, I am eagerly awaiting the new Dime models. Can you tell me ANYTHING about the new ones? Like are they going to be as expensive as the Dean From Hell re-issue? Or more along the lines of a Razorback price?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldnt tell a soul, they were spooked enough that I saw them....I would be afraid they would impale me on one of those beasts......But I am telling you, just incredible. Not my bag, but incredible detail and craftsmanship.

Shawn
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

You are living my fucking dream. To be in the same room as Dime's guitars would fill me with ecstacy. To play the Dean From Hell would take me to a zen unknown!
      Awesome story man, gold would have been my vote, and that blue hardtail is fucking amazing!! Its awesome that they do this, of course your obviously connected, but still very much a member of joe public here!

My old man had a similar situation in melbourne recently. He's getting Maton to restore a Maton Mayfair he picked up. He took the guitar in in person for security, and he got a full tour, and a lift to the train station! The guy that helped him was one of the original luthiers that worked alongside Mr Maton back in the day. Of note, in the custom shop was a freshly finished guitar for Tommy Emmanuel. It had the 12th fret inlay "CGP". Chet Atkins approved Certified Guitar Player. One of Five honored with the title.

Comment

just finally read this...great story Shawn and sounds like a killer afternoon too...
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          You are living my fucking dream. To be in the same room as Dime's guitars would fill me with ecstacy. To play the Dean From Hell would take me to a zen unknown!
          Awesome story man

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto, exactly.

And i'd say gold.

You lucky bastard [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

"I played the Dime from hell, and played or touched all of his guitars..Flame, confedrate, etc...The spooky thing to me was when I asked Elliot if this was ALL of his guitars, he said ,yeah, including the one he was wearing when he was shot. I didnt ask which one of course."

It was the black ML with white binding.

So they have the Washburns too?

Comment

Working...
            X