anyone like maple BCRs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: anyone like maple BCRs

My newest...a BC Rich logo'd MB-1 or MB-2. I believe it was an oddball as typically the ones I've seen had a neck single like an Assassin. This guitar is alot like a GMW BCRich clone I bought off the board both tonally & playing wise except it has smaller frets and a rev headstock

Headstock

additional:

Comment

Interesting one! I've never seen a reverse headstock even on a Mason Bernard.
      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Cool Wave in an awesome color. They are all too rare nowadays. I've never seen anyone do anything like that with the brass covering the quad holes. Interesting! I wouldn't care what kind of bridge was on that guitar. With Waves, you pretty much take what you can get. It's wicked no matter what. I only have one Wave and I love it more every day.

Scott
        Looking for un-molested slant fretboard early USA & Pro Warriors!

Comment

I really want a Maple Gunslinger.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            My newest...a BC Rich logo'd MB-1 or MB-2. I believe it was an oddball as typically the ones I've seen had a neck single like an Assassin. This guitar is alot like a GMW BCRich clone I bought off the board both tonally & playing wise except it has smaller frets and a rev headstock

Headstock

additional:

[/ QUOTE ]

I...did NOT...need to see that!!!!!!!!!!!

on the subject of Waves: I'd LOVE to own one, because, as with the Biches and Mockingbirds, there is something inherently sinister, yet sexy about the shapes of those guitars...and I don't mind Kahlers at all...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Interesting one! I've never seen a reverse headstock even on a Mason Bernard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this was possibly an artist endorsee job. The guy I bought it from got it from his uncle who was an BC Rich endorsee when SR was back in charge at BC Rich..so I'm thinking it was put together with leftover MB parts and the single(s) was/were never routed. The body is definitely a MB body as the AANJ is typical of the MB. The 3 way toggle would typically go where the tone control is now but this is stock with a LA BCRich neck plate and a high number of BC22485. The pup is a EMG 89 w/ a push-pull vol for the split.
              I have yet to take the neck off to check the pocket for #'s and writing.

I also have a Vantage knockoff of a MB, which was seemingly going to be the import version of the guitar but never took off. It also has a reverse headstock.. but I agree, most MB's do not have the reverse.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Cool Wave in an awesome color. They are all too rare nowadays. I've never seen anyone do anything like that with the brass covering the quad holes. Interesting! I wouldn't care what kind of bridge was on that guitar. With Waves, you pretty much take what you can get. It's wicked no matter what. I only have one Wave and I love it more every day.

Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have any pics? I think you said you had an Eagle earlier too? I'd love to see 'em [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

on the subject of Waves: I'd LOVE to own one, because, as with the Biches and Mockingbirds, there is something inherently sinister, yet sexy about the shapes of those guitars...and I don't mind Kahlers at all...

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate the cloud inlays, however, gimme the diamonds instead!

Comment

Sanctuary - I sent you a pm!

Scott
                      Looking for un-molested slant fretboard early USA & Pro Warriors!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I hate the cloud inlays, however, gimme the diamonds instead!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think clouds belong on a Bich, for sure. Definitely for the "Supremes" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Snowflakes, diamonds, clouds...love 'em all [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Sanctuary - I sent you a pm!

Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

You have mail [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

All set-up and ready to go. Actually, I need to find a 9V battery, but that's only for the booster. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Alright...I found a few very old pics that I just scanned.
                              First two are from around 84-85 and are my old Stealth.
                              The last is early 80's with my old Mockingbird (ignore the mullet).

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey dude. Check this out. Looks a bit like your old one! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b66332845

Pity it's in Japan though.

Comment

mike dude,

what guitar Don't you really like? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X