Comment

• Re: anyone like maple BCRs

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      I got a cool Stealth on the way

[/ QUOTE ]
      Details!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the Derringer one that I posted on this thread a while back. Neal's completed his work on it so I should be seeing it any day now. Will be cool to compare to my other '84. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Looking forward to it!!!

Comment

Well let me just say that thanks to Neal and MCS, this thing plays better than any of my Stealths. Yes, my other '84 pales in comparison to this guitar. I really love the action and it has a similar mojo to my Seagull. Neal did a pro-setup on it (new nut, intonation, action, clean pots etc.) and it almost plays itself. Here's some pics of the new arrival...

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

GYAHHHHHHH! Kahler! [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] Dude that would be so awesome without that massive piece of metal screwing it all up [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            She looks beautiful though. Love that headstock.

Comment

What you got against Kahlers? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I'm really falling in love with them. Still dig Floyds though and fixed bridges. They each offer something different and either bridge is not going to stop me buying a guitar for its unique qualities.

I think my Stealth collection is now complete. What do you think? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

'84 Stealth Deluxe
              '84 Stealth Derringer Deluxe
              '04 Stealth Standard

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Killer!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Do the 84's still have the Dimarzio Derringers?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what the white one has; hence the red signature pickups [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] They sound incredible. I'm blown away by how versatile they are [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] To be honest, I thought they wouldn't be up to much...I was dead wrong.

Comment

I think I cut my hand on a Kahler in another life or something. I've always hated flat mounts, big giants hunks of metal that scar the natural beauty of the guitar, plus they just don't feel right to play on. I've heard the Kahler Fulcrum's are better.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I think I cut my hand on a Kahler in another life or something. I've always hated flat mounts, big giants hunks of metal that scar the natural beauty of the guitar, plus they just don't feel right to play on. I've heard the Kahler Fulcrum's are better.

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Wow... I always thought they actually look good on the guitars, unlike Floyds... Oh well...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I've always hated flat mounts, big giants hunks of metal that scar the natural beauty of the guitar, plus they just don't feel right to play on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the way they look. All that chrome is awesome. Talk about "bling" factor [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Plus they don't get in the way like a Floyd can.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the original advert for them...

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Very cool!!! I never saw that ad before that I can remember. I loved the way they sounded in my Stealth. I can't find most of the pictures of it since I moved to Denver but I promise that I'll post then as soon as they turn up. It would be awesome if I could find that guitar again...its been almost 17 years since it was stolen.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Very cool!!! I never saw that ad before that I can remember. I loved the way they sounded in my Stealth. I can't find most of the pictures of it since I moved to Denver but I promise that I'll post then as soon as they turn up. It would be awesome if I could find that guitar again...its been almost 17 years since it was stolen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely man! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] As I said before, I'm amazed by how sweet those pickups are! I expected them to be a bit of a gimmick! [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

How was your Stealth stolen? They're such rare guitars that I'm sure it'll turn up some day. It was red, right? Does it look like these at all?

Do you have the serial number still?

Comment

It looked almost identical to the first one except that the switches were parallel to the knobs and it had chrome tuners, although the Kahler was still black. It also had red Dimarzio RD's, although those could have easily been changed. I came across this picture once before and thought that I had found my guitar until I noticed the switches. I had heard that no two were the same, but that guitar is nearly mines twin except for the switch arrangement.

It was stolen from me from my room in a fratenity house at Penn State in October of 1988. If I am correct about who I think stole it, it would have made its way to Virginia from there. I'm hoping with todays technology that I can find it someday and bring her home.
                                If anyone can help find it, you'll be my hero and I will also pay a finders fee if I successfully recover it.

Comment

Working...
                                X