anyone like maple BCRs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: anyone like maple BCRs

scarabs used to be USA only it wasnt till a few yrs back they offered them as imports.
    old BCRs do show up on ebay but they are starting to bring big $. & yes the preamp is awesome, tho i prefer one with the varitone so many tonal options its silly

Comment

I think it averages about $1k for a real vintage Stealth (just based on my experiences). Of course I paid a heap more for the Derringer one above, had to have it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Funny thing is the seller told me that Rick himself wanted it too.

What does the Scarab look like? Sorry, I've never seen one.

Here's the pics of my Seagull from Neal's site: http://www.nealmoser.com/guitarpics14.htm
      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Ahhhh, I see it now. Reminds me a bit of the Death Angel.

Comment

Why I like it of course [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Wow thats one of the nicest metallic finishes I've ever seen. Great work there. On that same vein if I ever did get a Scarab I would probably send it to Lee for a refinishing. Strip that sucker down and have it done up nice.

I have wayyyy to many ideas for guitars at this point (don't even get me started on my GMW "Wave" guitar idea), too many considering I still haven't even gotten the ball really rolling on my Death Angel custom yet [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks. Come on, spill the beans. What's this "Wave" idea?

Comment

Alright, you asked for it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Feel free to steal this idea as I totally don't have the money to do this anytime soon. Anyways. I was planning on at some point snagging a USA Wave bolt on off ebay (year doesn't matter). Parting out the neck on ebay, and getting a warmoth quilt maple neck with a macassar ebony fingerboard, and a quilt maple headstock, unfinished. Then I was gonna take that new neck and the body and send them to Lee at GMW, have him strip the body down, add a 5/8 super quilt archtop in trans blue green. Then paint the neck, back and headstock to match. As for the blank fingerboard? I have a hurricane inlay I drew up (the hurricane itself would be MOP and the eye would be abalone). I think that covers everything [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Told you, I'm crazy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

That is great idea, but I am an e-bay nut and have never seen a USA bolt-on Wave guitar(or bass for that matter) on ebay yet. Import neck-thrus are much easier and cheaper to find.

Comment

Paul Stanly used to play a holograph finish Scarab in the mid-eighties, but it had a few more "cuts" in it, giving it a more radical shape than the normal one. Fernando Von Arb of Krokus also used to play one on the Blitz album and tour. I have never seen one for sale that didn't have a Kahler.

Comment

I've never seen one without a Kahler either.

And I must confess I have never seen a USA bolt on WAVE either. it wouldn't necessarily have to be a USA though, since I am customizing the hell out of this guitar, thats not really gonna matter too much. My biggest problem with import BC Rich's is they use Agathis [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] which is like freaking plywood in my opinion and NATO which is not a wood I am familiar with so it scares me. I would say a neck-thru is fine but that would pretty much kill alot of the cool idea of the guitar (the quilt neck, the inlays, the matching headstock).

Comment

Kahler is the rule! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I've never seen one without a Kahler either.

And I must confess I have never seen a USA bolt on WAVE either. it wouldn't necessarily have to be a USA though, since I am customizing the hell out of this guitar, thats not really gonna matter too much. My biggest problem with import BC Rich's is they use Agathis [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] which is like freaking plywood in my opinion and NATO which is not a wood I am familiar with so it scares me. I would say a neck-thru is fine but that would pretty much kill alot of the cool idea of the guitar (the quilt neck, the inlays, the matching headstock).

[/ QUOTE ]
                        Well BC Rich never had a bolt-on Wave until this latest Limited Jail Edition for the faggoth boy. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Old BC Rich Import Waves are neck-thru, maple neck/mahogany wings. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Well that new bolt wave might work, but what is the body made off. As long as its not agathis or Nato [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

I can't find anything on that bolt wave your talking about. (no idea who the faggoth you speak of is). And no one on the BC Rich artists page is even listed as playing a wave.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Well that new bolt wave might work, but what is the body made off. As long as its not agathis or Nato [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                            It probably is that or worse... New BC Rich: [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh looks like that may be a dead end anyways, seems like BC Rich kicked this loser to the curb after he sexually assaulted a 14 year old. Too bad about the guitar, from what they said its gonna be basswood. Which isn't a bad tonewood (just dings easy).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                Oh looks like that may be a dead end anyways, seems like BC Rich kicked this loser to the curb after he sexually assaulted a 14 year old. Too bad about the guitar, from what they said its gonna be basswood. Which isn't a bad tonewood (just dings easy).

[/ QUOTE ]
                                Well you can always find a used one or a NOS on ebay anyways if you really want to. They go for quite cheap IIRC.

Comment

Working...
                                X