marty friedman PRS model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad View Post
    RE: the Marty PRS. One of the most boring, uninspired sig models I've seen.
    +2
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Is it really any different from a regular SE aside from the awful inlays?
      Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
        Is it really any different from a regular SE aside from the awful inlays?
        I saw a interview with marty and they asked what he was looking for in a guitar these days And all he said was he doesn't care as long as it stays in tune haha
        Birds like you fly straight to heaven

Comment

It looks like another generic single-cut LP wanna-be from a guy who is seen with those lolis with a real LP but couldn't get a deal with Gibson because he's not as cool and good of a guitarist as the guy from Green Day is.

I see no reason to want one. It has no real uniqueness I expect of a sig model and is just another slightly-retooled standard model.

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
            It looks like another generic single-cut LP wanna-be from a guy who is seen with those lolis with a real LP but couldn't get a deal with Gibson because he's not as cool and good of a guitarist as the guy from Green Day is.

I see no reason to want one. It has no real uniqueness I expect of a sig model and is just another slightly-retooled standard model.
            I hope the statement about Marty not being as good as the slug from Green Day was sarcasm. Marty has left more talent in the toilet bowl in the morning than that guys whole band combined.
            Last edited by leftykingv2; 01-28-2014, 10:55 PM.
            This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
              I hope the statement about Marty not being as good as the slug from Green Day was sarcasm. Marty has left more talent in the toilet bowl in the morning than that guys whole band combined.
              Yeah lets prey for him, Greenday HA!
              Birds like you fly straight to heaven

Comment

Of course I was being sarcastic. Gibson sometimes does stupid stuff like giving sig models based on popularity over who's actually talented with a strong musical skillset.

Comment

Of course they make sig models based on popularity (if they want to sell more than a few dozen) and Green Day has certainly had a much wider audience than Marty.

Probably why Ibanez releases limited runs of the Andy Timmons models yet there's probably thousands of Avril Lavigne or the dude from Blink 182 sig guitars available LOL
                  Last edited by Larz; 01-29-2014, 08:40 AM.
                  Jackson KV2
                  Jackson KE1T
                  Jackson KE1F
                  Jackson SL1

Comment

Of course I was being sarcastic. Gibson sometimes does stupid stuff like giving sig models based on popularity over who's actually talented with a strong musical skillset.
                    Sometimes? How about there advertising campaign calling Joe Bonamassa "The best guitar player in the world."
                    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Sometimes? How about there advertising campaign calling Joe Bonamassa "The best guitar player in the world."
                      Eh. At least he can play better than that Greey Day poser-punk with women's mascara on who needed a back-up guitarist so he could do more dancing around and less playing............even if he's been way over-hyped over the past couple of years.

Comment

Billie Joe a virtuoso and great guitar player? No. But it's all about context. His ability to write hit songs with memorable hooks is far better than the other guys mentioned in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                          Billie Joe a virtuoso and great guitar player? No. But it's all about context. His ability to write hit songs with memorable hooks is far better than the other guys mentioned in this thread.
                          He's definitely more commercially successful.

Comment

Eh. At least he can play better than that Greey Day poser-punk with women's mascara on who needed a back-up guitarist so he could do more dancing around and less playing............even if he's been way over-hyped over the past couple of years.
                            +1

Comment

"What the fox says" and "gangam style" were more commercially successful too. We should all just stop playing guitar and get drum machines and midi and auto tune.
                              My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthguy View Post
                                "What the fox says" and "gangam style" were more commercially successful too. We should all just stop playing guitar and get drum machines and midi and auto tune.
                                Not saying that bro!

Comment

Working...
                                X