• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marty friedman PRS model

it's just as SE, but interesting...

http://www.prsguitars.com/semartyfriedman/
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

I didn't think Marty liked all the knobs lol (or that was 20 years ago)
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Comment

His Ibanez model had the same black look with star inlays too. Love his playing but nothing is as cool as his Jackson Kellys!
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
        His Ibanez model had the same black look with star inlays too. Love his playing but nothing is as cool as his Jackson Kellys!
        +1
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Anyone remember the Megadeth home video about the making of Youthanasia and Marty has a scene where he says," I played a strat on this album. Look at this guitar, it looks like a table!" Something along those lines anyway..........well now, Marty's playing a table!

Yes, he looked coolest with the Kellies!
          www.vvforums.com

Comment

Wow that thing is suck bland compared to his Kelly's. I'd love to know why he left Jackson.
            This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I agree, his Kelly's were the coolest.
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Hey Lefty. Left Jacksons, or did they drop him?
                I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                  His Ibanez's came in trans red and trans blue.

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
                  Hey Lefty. Left Jacksons, or did they drop him?
                  I'm fairly certain Jackson left him after he left Megadeth.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
                    His Ibanez's came in trans red and trans blue.

I'm fairly certain Jackson left him after he left Megadeth.
                    I can't see why they'd ditch on him. He's a very talented player and a lot better than 90% of the people endorsing them now in my estimation. The only person playing Jackson I can even think of off of the top of my head that is on his level or better is Broderick.
                    Last edited by leftykingv2; 01-12-2014, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                      I can't see why they'd ditch on him. He's a very talented player and a lot better than 90% of the people endorsing them now in my estimation. The only person playing Jackson I can even think of off of the top of my head that is on his level or better is Broderick.
                      My theory is they didn't have a lot of confidence in his solo career. Imo if they left his KE1 as a sig or even made it a Japanese exclusive it would've sold wonderfully, he's huge over there, (well now but still).

Another thing I'be heard is near the end of his tenure he used Strat's and LP's to "Piss Off Mustaine," so maybe he left Jackson?

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
                        Another thing I'be heard is near the end of his tenure he used Strat's and LP's to "Piss Off Mustaine," so maybe he left Jackson?
                        Why would that piss off Mustaine? Al Pitrelli used Les Pauls and Explorers.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          Why would that piss off Mustaine? Al Pitrelli used Les Pauls and Explorers.
                          +1 I don't think Mustaine would give a flying shit what he played as long as he did his parts correctly and they fit. Everyone knows Mustaine's pissed at Jackson but he didn't tell Ellefson and Broderick "Hey you guys can't play those Jackson's in my band." I read an interview where Broderick said Mustaine and Ellefson were the ones who turned him onto Jackson. It's also a known Fact Mustaine still uses his old Bich when recording sometime to this day still. I do agree with MetalHeadMatt on the fact that his KE-1 would still be selling. Hell if they offered a KE-1 without his name on it I think it would still sell. I think they should do a run of KE-1's and KV-1's. That would be tits. And I'll tell you what I'd buy at least one of each if they were USA select series.
                          Last edited by leftykingv2; 01-12-2014, 10:58 PM.

Comment

The PRS website says that the guitar is made in Maryland. I thought all the SE's were import?

Comment

Probably nothing to do with it, but Marty could also have been seen as a lackluster endorser maybe. He's said things along the lines of .....a guitar is a just a tool for him.....when asked about his favorite guitars or best guitars he's owned, etc. He auctioned off most/ orall his Jacksons for that matter recently.

Die hard fans would still buy them, but how many die hard fans realistically would lay down $2-3K? Enough to justify keeping it all going? I don't know.

He wasn't playing the jacksons in Japan after Megadeth was he? So that demographic wouldn't buy them.
                              Jackson KV2
                              Jackson KE1T
                              Jackson KE1F
                              Jackson SL1

Comment

Working...
                              X