Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People wonder why I say these guys are out of line.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad View Post
    I don't keep up with Gibson like I used to, but this is the way it used to be (may still be the same): Les Paul Custom is just a model name. It's been that way since they came out in the 50s. In the modern market, there are Les Pauls made on the regular production line (Gibson USA) and Les Pauls made in the Custom/Historic division. Those are totally different factories with different production techniques. Going by the Musician's Friend link in the first post in this thread, it looks like this guitar comes out of the Custom/Historic division. That does warrant an upcharge.

With that said, I agree with other posters: nearly all new guitars are overpriced these days. Gibson isn't the only offender, though they are a standout. More specifically, Les Pauls. Some of their guitars are priced fairly reasonable: SG Standard, Explorer, Flying Vee, etc.
    +1 The Sg the Explorer and the V are all very nice guitars and definitely priced fairly.
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by BLOOD SPLATTER View Post
      it's ALL manufacturers not just Gibson....pricing is ridiculous nowadays!!

True that. Prices have risen well above inflation rates and well above the economic conditions. I know some of that has to do with issues of sourcing ebony and other key woods, but I am sure a lot of that is just because they can

BUT they still sell regardless of prices, and will continue to do so until everyone's too broke or until they raise prices so much it forces a sales drop.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
        And at 12K they're counting on people being nostalgic! Also it's not his 'Exact" guitar. You're paying 12K for a replica which in my opinion is stupid as hell. But then again I am anti signature guitars I would never buy one so to each their own.
        me too!

And yet, I have somehow accumulated a Washburn N2, Samick TV Twenty & a Schecter Loomis. Because they are all cool guitars.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
          me too!

And yet, I have somehow accumulated a Washburn N2, Samick TV Twenty & a Schecter Loomis. Because they are all cool guitars.

Won't comment on the other two but the Washburn Nuno is a really really cool guitar, and a unique sig model beyond a stock model that's slightly different. Washburn had nothing like it when they released it and it really was a change-up for them to produce it (especially that neck joint). I love that guitar. Nuno may be an arrogant prettyboy princess but he knows his shit when it comes to unique memorable sig models.

Besides, probably half or more of us here either own a Rhoads or Les Paul (or both), and they're both sig models. So I gotta argue that some of the most legendary guitars ever are sig models even if the majority of sig models are just slightly-altered stock models.

Comment

Working...
          X