Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People wonder why I say these guys are out of line.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People wonder why I say these guys are out of line.....

The price on this guitar is just insane. It's not worth a dime over 3K at most. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...lls-eye?pfm=sp
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

I seriously think there's a "think tank" consisting of a few guys ....and often they look at each other and say "let's charge $5k for that!"...and for some reason, the buying public keeps buying.

Oh... forgot to add the high fiving that goes around the think tank room as soon as the first sale is recorded
    Last edited by bombtek; 11-17-2013, 08:44 AM.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
      The price on this guitar is just insane. It's not worth a dime over 3K at most. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...lls-eye?pfm=sp
      i agree..
      all people are paying for is the name "Gibson","Les Paul", and its a signature guitar.. imo its worth less that 3k

Gibson as well as a few companies that have been around awhile has been living off their names name for quite some time .... the stuffs just overpriced

on a side but related note.. Im biased against any type of signature gear.. its always overpriced
      GEAR:
      #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
      #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
      #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
      #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
      #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
      AMPS:
      1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
      ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
        I seriously think there's a "think tank" consisting of a few guys ....and often they look at each other and say "let's charge $5k for that!"...and for some reason, the buying public keeps buying
        +1 bro! You could be right because even 3K is steep for a Les Paul. I just think they're way overpriced man. I only have one Les Paul and don't get me wrong I do love it(Original 1976 Standard) great guitar for sure but not worth a penny more than $1800 bucks( I could get more than $1800 because of street value and condition) in my opinion. I am of the same opinion about all newer Les Pauls though. I know I have started a few threads about their prices before but now they've gone too far! Since when did a production model guitar cost damn near 5K? Yeah super cool paint job but I'd be willing to bet cost with labor and materials is probably around $1700.00 dollars at most. I know because my friend was a Master Luthier for Washburn for a number of years. He built right next to the guy who invented the "Stephen's extended cutaway." He knows what labor and materials cost because he still builds for a select group of older musicians.
        Last edited by leftykingv2; 11-16-2013, 09:04 PM.
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandenburg View Post
          i agree..
          all people are paying for is the name "Gibson","Les Paul", and its a signature guitar.. imo its worth less that 3k

Gibson as well as a few companies that have been around awhile has been living off their names name for quite some time .... the stuffs just overpriced

on a side but related note.. Im biased against any type of signature gear.. its always overpriced
          +1 I agree about the signature gear but a regular Custom without the cool paint job is still way over priced. They're 4K!!! I can get two USA Select models for less than that price and I am left handed!
          Last edited by leftykingv2; 11-16-2013, 08:36 PM.

Comment

The proof is in the pudding!http://xlguitars.com/products-page/j...v-pavo-purple/ http://xlguitars.com/products-page/j...soloist-black/

Comment

that's an insane price (and seriously making me now doubt i'll buy another gibson.) When I ordered my custom shop from gibson in 1989 it was 1800 dollars and waited almost a year but it was worth it (which you can tell by the fact i sold it. hmm.. err) if I were a pro player i think it would be worth it, if it played good but.. dunno. the guitar is worth whatever the public is willing to pay.
              In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

It's simple - charge what the market will bear. If enough people will pay 5k for a LP with circles on it, why wouldn't they do it? Wouldn't you?

(and frankly, the original is waaaay the fuck better looking than any of the more recent abortions he's been playing)
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

The interesting thing is I think Zakk's starts with a black center dot. For that price I would want an accurate replica. ( Assuming I'm right.)
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                    The interesting thing is I think Zakk's starts with a black center dot. For that price I would want an accurate replica. ( Assuming I'm right.)
                    Incorrect according to numerous concert pics. The center dot is "white".
                    In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Your Savings:- $2,022.00
                      Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

Let's face facts...with enough elbow grease and know how you can probably buy a working 60's-70's era Teisco off the bay for $75.00 and get it to play just as well as anything coming out of any custom shop anywhere. You would now have a true relic'd guitar (which from the Fender Custom Shop would cost THOUSANDS for their version of relic-ing) that plays awesome..looks downright cool (I dig those funky body styles), and cost you less than a quarter one of the big name brands would. You really are just paying for a status symbol when you buy from them.
                        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

on the subject of relic'ed guitars.. most asinine idea ever.. seriously.. its like " yes.. guitar company.. here is an extra couple of grand to beat the fuck out a perfectly good guitar and sell it to me with a smile"

proper way to relic a guitar takes years and years of playing on it IMO.. lol
                          GEAR:
                          #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
                          #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
                          #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
                          #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
                          #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
                          AMPS:
                          1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
                          ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

Originally posted by LaoWai View Post
                            Your Savings:- $2,022.00
                            Yeah I pretty much pissed my pants when I saw that too!

Comment

Originally posted by Brandenburg View Post
                              on the subject of relic'ed guitars.. most asinine idea ever.. seriously.. its like " yes.. guitar company.. here is an extra couple of grand to beat the fuck out a perfectly good guitar and sell it to me with a smile"

proper way to relic a guitar takes years and years of playing on it IMO.. lol
                              Yeah like the 12K Joe Walsh model. It's all beat up and he signed the back of the headstock. Who the hell would pay 12K for a beat up guitar with someones sig on the back? Not me.

Comment

Working...
                              X