Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People wonder why I say these guys are out of line.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe someone who grew up listening to Joe Walsh and wanted more than anything to own his exact Guitar....

Comment

I find the prices ridiculous too. However, I don't think it applies to Gibson only. The Gibson Les Paul Custom is a Custom Shop guitar. What are people paying for Jackson Custom Shop guitars - with 23 frets and misaligned bridges and pickups? I would assume right around the same price. And how about the Fender or Charvel custom shop guitars. They are bolt on necks with basically CNC'd bodies. Where is the custom work and what are those prices? I believe, and it is my personal opinion, a pieced together Warmoth strat has the potential to rival any Custom shop Fender or Charvel guitar depending on who assembles and fine tunes it.
      On a final note, I have never played a Carvin guitar, but all of the reviews I read state they are great guitars. They are custom hand built in the USA. How come they can build a custom guitar from scratch without any quality problems, deliver in less than 4 months, and be less than $2000.00?
      Relics? One of the best marketing ideas is years. Drop a guitar while moving and ding up the body - move it to the relic bin. Gibson does it, so does Fender and Jackson - remember the Randy Rhoads? 12K complete with a duct taped back?
      As I stated earlier, the prices are ridiculous, but Gibson is far from the only company doing it.

Comment

My custom shop quotes from Jackson came in far cheaper than a regular off the rack Les Paul custom costs. Also I don't care what they say about it being a "custom shop" guitar. It's not! It's built to the same exact specs as any other Les Paul Custom. The only thing "Custom" about these guitars is the word custom. For the price they charge for a regular Les Paul custom Jackson will build you pretty much anything you want. For instance I wanted a Rhoads model with a 24 medium fret speed neck on it. The same neck that's used on the KV2-KE2. It came in at $3300.00 for a left handed model! I agree that Gibson isn't the only company doing it but they're the worst offender in my opinion. Also I had an old Carvin V220. It was fantastic! Biggest mistake I ever made was selling it and it only cost a little more than 1K brand new.
        Last edited by leftykingv2; 11-17-2013, 02:14 PM.
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by bucketbrian45 View Post
          Maybe someone who grew up listening to Joe Walsh and wanted more than anything to own his exact Guitar....
          And at 12K they're counting on people being nostalgic! Also it's not his 'Exact" guitar. You're paying 12K for a replica which in my opinion is stupid as hell. But then again I am anti signature guitars I would never buy one so to each their own.
          Last edited by leftykingv2; 11-17-2013, 02:39 PM.
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

It's 5K because as soon as you pick it up, you become Zakk Wylde.....................ok then, it's still overpriced

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
              It's 5K because as soon as you pick it up, you become Zakk Wylde.....................ok then, it's still overpriced
              I have a Masters Degree in Jazz......If I picked that guitar up and became Zakk Wylde I'd be looking for a refund, my talent back, some soap, a shower and a razor. Dude is a dirt ball! He was on TMS talking about how he went something like 26 days without bathing on a tour. When did being a filthy poop butt with poor personal hygiene become cool? I have been a metal head my whole life but I'll never understand the dudes who think being filthy is metal. Sorry I like clean clothes and underwear! Also there's only so many times you can squeal in one song before you start to suck and or become irrelevant.
              Last edited by leftykingv2; 11-17-2013, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                I have a Masters Degree in Jazz......If I picked that guitar up and became Zakk Wylde I'd be looking for a refund, my talent back, some soap, a shower and a razor. Dude is a dirt ball! He was on TMS talking about how he went something like 26 days without bathing on a tour. When did being a filthy poop butt with poor personal hygiene become cool? I have been a metal head my whole life but I'll never understand the dudes who think being filthy is metal. Sorry I like clean clothes and underwear! Also there's only so many times you can squeal in one song before you start to suck and or become irrelevant.
                How many copies did your last album sell?
                In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell View Post
                  How many copies did Justin Bieber's last album sell?

Comment

and that sir is a terrible benchmark for a musician.. guitarist.. band...alot of very talented people out there ,that dont make shit but then there are others that release shit and make alot of money.. doesnt seem right
                    GEAR:
                    #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
                    #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
                    #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
                    #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
                    #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
                    AMPS:
                    1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
                    ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

Got a better idea: Stop looking at dunga tunga elephant dunga guitars Buy a Jackson instead
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                        Got a better idea: Stop looking at dunga tunga elephant dunga guitars Buy a Jackson instead
                        I already have 3 sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                          How many copies did Justin Bieber's last album sell?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandenburg View Post
                            and that sir is a terrible benchmark for a musician.. guitarist.. band...alot of very talented people out there ,that dont make shit but then there are others that release shit and make alot of money.. doesnt seem right
                            +1

Comment

This question isn't even relevant. One thing I will NEVER understand is how people think if something sold a lot of copies or made a lot of money it's automatically good. I have a friend who is like that. No matter how terrible something is if the person in question has made money from it he always says " Yeah but dude is paid." One day He said this about something that sucked I don't recall what it was exactly but I looked at him and said; "Dude I have a feeling if we knew some guy who made a million dollars eating piles of human shit and I said he was a shit eater you'd look at me and say...."Yeah but he's paid!" It's not about quantity, It's about quality. But Zakk gave up on quality years ago....All he does now is squeal every third note he plays and stick his name on ugly five thousand dollar pieces of shit that shouldn't even be considered guitars. All he cares about is his bank account and if this wasn't true he would have told Gibson to go fuck themselves when that last piece of crap with his name on it dropped. Speaking of which here is the turd in question!http://www.premierguitar.com/blogs/5...oderne-of-doom
                              Last edited by leftykingv2; 11-17-2013, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                                themselves when that last piece of crap with his name on it dropped. Speaking of which here is the turd in question!http://www.premierguitar.com/blogs/5...oderne-of-doom

damn.. sure wish i could unsee that..

that is beyond ugly BUT some youngster will buy it ...because it has ZW name on it and they will think it will be worth more as time goes on..

question: has ZW play a guitar like that or is that just something with his name on it?
                                GEAR:
                                #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
                                #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
                                #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
                                #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
                                #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
                                AMPS:
                                1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
                                ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

Working...
                                X