No announcement yet.

Move over, Coloradoman.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That thing's freakin awesome. I used to have a Hamer years ago and loved it. Sadly had to be sold to pay bills. I can't just stumble upon them like I used to.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
      Nope. It's a switch. The three way is set up on the pickup to have a single coil, reverse phase and full humbucker.
      And the rest of you ebony defenders can rest easier: When I do snag this, I will not fuck with the ebony, as much as I want to. This bad boy is a custom order and thus deserves being spared. I WILL have it repainted, though. Something ugly as fuck and neon.... the 80's live!

Ah, i thought it was black too. Didn't realize it had no neck pup either. Yeah that thing is still sick, i could live with the dark blue myself. My objection was more based off of i was just jealous that it isn't mine, then mad you were going to do something so drastic to it in case maybe there was a chance you'd end up buying to many and sell it one day, lol. If it was at the right time and i had the cash and it was in pretty good shape i would probably bid stupid money for that on the bay. It's cool hey are still doing customs though, been keeping that in mind. Looking forward to seeing your come in.

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
        Ah, i thought it was black too. Didn't realize it had no neck pup either. Yeah that thing is still sick, i could live with the dark blue myself. My objection was more based off of i was just jealous that it isn't mine, then mad you were going to do something so drastic to it in case maybe there was a chance you'd end up buying to many and sell it one day, lol. If it was at the right time and i had the cash and it was in pretty good shape i would probably bid stupid money for that on the bay. It's cool hey are still doing customs though, been keeping that in mind. Looking forward to seeing your come in.
        +1. I could live with the dark blue too. Yeah, it's a 1 hum. That's pretty badass and yeah. If it were black I would have offered stupid money to keep it from being altered.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
          +1. I could live with the dark blue too. Yeah, it's a 1 hum. That's pretty badass and yeah. If it were black I would have offered stupid money to keep it from being altered.
          Both you and Trem are gonna HATE what I got going on with my custom order Cali...

Comment

Welcome to the house my friend! Its a bit cramped with all the guitars but the ambience and beer is great.
            Haters gonna hate
            Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post
              Welcome to the house my friend! Its a bit cramped with all the guitars but the ambience and beer is great.
              Moocho Grassyass, ahmeego. When I start getting flak from the Missuz for unwarranted, ill-advised and otherwise unappreciated guitar purchases, I crawl down to my mancave studio and defend my acquisitions...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz-8C...eature=related

Comment

LOL classic.
                Haters gonna hate
                Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Both you and Trem are gonna HATE what I got going on with my custom order Cali...
                  Probably

Want to sell Dark Blue?

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                    Probably

Want to sell Dark Blue?
                    Nope.

Comment

Nope.

Comment

Nah, i doubt it, really looking forward seeing to it.

Comment

Nice axe man. I would never EVER swap Ebony for Rosewood but that's just me.
                          All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Nice Cali's Vector.. my signature model Nocturnes are based on the Cali' and Diablo body outlines.. former Hamer clinician and endorser here.. LONGTIME Cali' player.. I had a honduran mahogany body Cali w/ rev head, iredescent paint and a thick rosewood board with dots and a alder bodied purple foil that just killed.. went through a ton of Diablo's and Chaps as well.
                            DiMarzio Endorsee
                            www.dimarzio.com
                            Morley Endorsee
                            www.morley.com
                            "Intelli-Shred" author
                            www.myspace.com/intellishred
                            NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

Originally posted by KevinDguitar View Post
                              Nice Cali's Vector.. my signature model Nocturnes are based on the Cali' and Diablo body outlines.. former Hamer clinician and endorser here.. LONGTIME Cali' player.. I had a honduran mahogany body Cali w/ rev head, iredescent paint and a thick rosewood board with dots and a alder bodied purple foil that just killed.. went through a ton of Diablo's and Chaps as well.
                              Hey Kev,
                              I know you from on the HFC. I'm well acquainted with your use of the Nocturne and I have considered getting Jem to build me one. But when Hamer resumed making custom versions of the Cali, I couldn't resist. Nice to hear from someone else who appreciates the finer qualities of rosewood. I realize it's all subjective but somewhere along the way it was decided that ebony was the end-all-be-all tone wood for boards on shredders. You'd think I was committing the ultimate sin for preferring the warmer tone of the rosewood to ebony.
                              Fuggem.

Comment

Vector, i think you missed the point of the rebuttal against modding that Hamer so drastically..from me anyway. I love rosewood. Most of my favorite guitars i've owned were rosewood. The guitar i play every day is rosewood. The only reason for the rebuttal is that guitar is #1 it's awesome as is, #2 it's rare #3 it's awesome as is . It's yours however to do whatever with, and if it makes you happy you should. If the fretboard was rosewood to begin with and it was a nice deep dark color, i'd love it the same.
                                It was just simply that it is sick, and i would dream of having one almost just like it.

As an aside, maybe you will keep it forever, but, ebony could very well be very valuable one day. 20 years from now there might not be fretboards even made with it, or dark varieties of it, never know.
                                Last edited by Trem; 10-30-2012, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X