Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any recommendations for an acoustic with electric-like neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ovation made an acoustic for Mick Thompson of Slipknot and I remember when they did an interveiw with him about the guitar it had a slim fast neck that he wanted.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Another vote for Taylor. Have you tried Taylor? I highly recommend Taylor. Did someone mention Taylor? :p

Paid over $3K cash for my K14c, and though it was my last acoustic guitar, it's the one I've kept the longest. I bet all the Ikea furniture in my home doesn't even add up to the cost of this one instrument, and I can't sleep on it [very comfortably]. I buy my guitars like they're sports cars... they better be high-end, have incredible performance, be comfortable, and look amazing.

veemagic's living room photo is awesome! I'm sure if you add up the value of all my possessions and home appliances, those beautiful guitars are worth more still, haha! And I still wouldn't be able to sleep on those [very comfortably]! :p

Damn, looking at that pic, now I want a Taylor 12-string. I miss my Takamine 12-string but damn that neck wasn't all that comfortable for me. Can I sell some bodily organs on here?

Comment

This is my favorite shot of my taylors, did I mention I'd recommend a Taylor?

"I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

da-amn! Look at the backs of those two on the lounge. I want to rub up against them.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

oh, and did I mention the Baden A-Style? Check out those sexy ebony buttons!

Hail yesterday

Comment

Jeez, I didn't realize I'd joined the Taylor forum. Message received.

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
              Ovation made an acoustic for Mick Thompson of Slipknot and I remember when they did an interveiw with him about the guitar it had a slim fast neck that he wanted.
              Thanks for the suggestion. It's the Ovation MT-37 and is quite affordable. Now - thankfully, from my perspective - it goes without the Seven inlay too. That's what I've inclined to buy up until the Taylor ambush...

Comment

You can pick up a taylor 214 used on ebay for about the same price. I have the ebony version and its a great sounding and feeling instrument. I would highly recommend one on a budget.
                I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                  Jeez, I didn't realize I'd joined the Taylor forum. Message received.

Thanks for the suggestion. It's the Ovation MT-37 and is quite affordable. Now - thankfully, from my perspective - it goes without the Seven inlay too. That's what I've inclined to buy up until the Taylor ambush...
                  Any updates about the MT37? Did you buy it? And do you recommend it.. Thanks
                  Check my bands!
                  www.myspace.com/magicktr
                  www.myspace.com/sinif64
                  www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

If you're trying to remain budget minded then a Kramer Ferrington is the way to go.. You can get them as cheap as $100 and they have an electric guitar neck on them..

Ugh. Great feeling, but awful sounding.

Ever play one or own one ? I have 2 of them. Acoustically they don't sound bad at all especially the non-s style body. They are great when plugged in and have a true electric shape neck. And I can shred like hell on them. And they are a pointy !!!

I looked around and for the money there is nothing out there I found that has a true look and feel of an electric except for those Fenders which have terrible reviews.
                    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Rainsong carbon fiber guitars with their original neck profile. 0.750" thick at 3rd fret, 0.850" thick at 10th fret. I have the JM-1000 model.
                      http://rainsong.com/specs/

Comment

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
                        The only thing about Ovations is the composite back. They dont sound warm at all to me. I've played a few Taylors that played themselves and sound amazing.
                        i had an ovation for a very long time, yes it sounded a bit sterile and was lacking in the tone department when compared to nicer guilds, taylors, gibsons and Martins, but it played great and was a solid quality guitar. No complaints, tho I'm gassing for a nice Koa Taylor.

Comment

I want to see these Taylor pics that are no longer around!

Comment

Taylor or takamine.

Comment

Originally posted by thebigz View Post

Are you referring to mine?
                              "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Originally posted by thebigz View Post
                                While mine are nowhere as nice as vee's here is a couple of my 414ce...

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                                X