Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any recommendations for an acoustic with electric-like neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taylor T5

Comment

Taylor vote here
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I have to join in with the others, I've got a Taylor 214-e that is just an awesome guitar.
        I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

So much love for the Taylors. Why couldn't you guys like cheap guitars?!

Comment

Stratacoustics aren't bad, and the ovations are comfortable imo. I have an old Washburn that's really nice, don't know what model it is tho and im not at home yo look.

Comment

As long as it has a floyd . There. Someone had to say it.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I do like my Taylors!

You cant beat their necks! Fast and electric comfy!
                "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Holy shit man that's a small fortune right there and some fine looking instruments.

Taylors really are great and worth the extra money. Idk what you're looking to spend but I picked mine up for just under 600 used at a pawn shop, not a scratch on it and looked barely played.

Comment

criminy veemagic, that's an awesome pile!

I like my Baden A-Style. Plays like buddah
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

That's a seriously beautiful collection of guitars veemagic. They even look like they sound awesome.

Baden A-style? Seems to be a sweet guitar. Minimalist suits you, for some reason, VitG.

I don't know what I'm willing to spend TKEblue. I hadn't gotten USA Jackson money in mind when I started this, which is what most second hand Taylors seem to go for over here. I'd have to shift some gear on to justify a purchase like that. I was probably half-hoping someone would just say that the Ovation MT37 was a good guitar.

Comment

Fender Acoustasonic Strat
                        Last edited by The Rossness; 09-13-2011, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Seems like a pretty decent guitar, ovations are comfortable because of the back shape, but don't quite sound as good because of the material imo. That neck does look sweet tho.

Comment

Well, I guess in your situation Ken what you should do is hit up a shop and try out a bunch in your price range and get what sounds/feels good for you that you can afford.

And then save for a Taylor.
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

If you're trying to remain budget minded then a Kramer Ferrington is the way to go.. You can get them as cheap as $100 and they have an electric guitar neck on them..
                              John 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonluvr View Post
                                If you're trying to remain budget minded then a Kramer Ferrington is the way to go.. You can get them as cheap as $100 and they have an electric guitar neck on them..
                                Ugh. Great feeling, but awful sounding.

Comment

Working...
                                X