New gibson signiature ^^

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
    But....Buckethead left GnR 5 years ago ...
    I was referring to when his original white LP was built.. he's had that one for quite a while.. Gibby just didn't want to bother with building that guitar.. obviously they and BH have a good working relationship. You'll notice as far as GNR.. when BumbleFoot was involved in GNR, he'd too come out with an LP for at least a couple of songs..
    DiMarzio Endorsee
    www.dimarzio.com
    Morley Endorsee
    www.morley.com
    "Intelli-Shred" author
    www.myspace.com/intellishred
    NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
      To be honest (and I hate this band with a passion) I think Billy Joel (joe?) or whatever his name from Green Day probably deserves a signature more then Buckethead does.
      He has one. It's just a vintage spec Les Paul Junior, but it's badass nonetheless...

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Elec...s-Paul-Jr.aspx
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        As for the Axl/GNR=Gibson, that's truly sad.
        I can see if it was KISS - "Paul" has the Iceman or Explorer (Alive I)
        Paul is shown playing a Firebird on that one, not an Explorer.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I like the white colour but the fact that it's oversized and has a 27" scale isn't good for my tiny little fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by zuppermuhle View Post
            I like the white colour but the fact that it's oversized and has a 27" scale isn't good for my tiny little fingers.
            That reminds me, guys, is 27" scale pretty much the upper reaches? I was daydreaming about having a large guitar built for me (I am 6'4" 330+ # and make normal size axes look like toys). How about 30" scale, 36 frets, 2"+ neck width? :idea:
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

IIRC the Hamer Virtuoso was 3 octave/36 frets and was either 26 or 27" scale and those frets at the ver upper end of the neck's range were still REALLY tiny. It did help though that the board was scalloped.
              DiMarzio Endorsee
              www.dimarzio.com
              Morley Endorsee
              www.morley.com
              "Intelli-Shred" author
              www.myspace.com/intellishred
              NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

Originally posted by KevinDguitar View Post
                Here's some background info.. Gibson did NOT want to build Bucket that guitar.. they outsourced it to a ghost builder and he built the thing and logo'd it Gibby.. Gibson had/has a deal with Axl.. in their minds people associate the Les Paul with GNR.. so, as per an agreement ($).. there'll be at least one guy in GNR using an LP on a regular basis.. so BH spec'd out one and what he wanted.. and Gibby didn't wanna build it.. so the hired someone else to make it for them.
                Its my understanding that Joe Perry and a few other Gibby endorsees actually have their stuff built by ghostbuilders. I have another friend that works in Gibby's custom shop and he is real adamant about what they do there versus the quality of what's done on the actual factory floor.. in his group they do pretty much endorsee only guitars and what he sends pics of is really awesome stuff.. just recently he sent a pic of an explorer he did for Kiss (Thayer I think).. it was like a mirrored chromed out explorer (not crack glass just chromed) .. really nice looking stuff.
                This actually sounds plausible, but do you have any sort of proof of this, as it does border on being slanderous...

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus View Post
                  This actually sounds plausible, but do you have any sort of proof of this, as it does border on being slanderous...

I would think proof might get someone fired. In these times thats not a good thing.
                  I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Gibson offered a money deal - Jackson did not. That simple.

Brian is amazingly good - I've met him at a bunch of Primus shows backstage-Les and him are good friends and hang out all the time.
                    Strat God Music
                    http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

Working...
                    X