New gibson signiature ^^

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mr426 View Post
    Really? $4000 for what is basicly a les Paul Studio? Fuck you Gibson...
    That guitar is $4000 in the same way that a USA Rhoads is $3000.

And it's a pretty far cry from just a Studio Les Paul.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      And he played Jacksons because he knew they were better, but went with Gibson because he lacks integrity.

I don't see it as a loss for Jackson, I see it as a loss for Buckethead.
      So he played Gibson's for years because he lacked integrity? Really? Are you fucking kidding? He played Jacksons at the same shows.

And Jacksons better than Gibsons? That's as silly as a Coke vs. Pepsi argument.

- Newc

Comment

Anyone know where to get those switches?
        "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Originally posted by toddstaples View Post
          If you see that guitar in Guitar Center, just take one off. There's no need to have two of them on one guitar!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
            So he played Gibson's for years because he lacked integrity? Really? Are you fucking kidding? He played Jacksons at the same shows.

And Jacksons better than Gibsons? That's as silly as a Coke vs. Pepsi argument.
            What do you mean that's silly!?! OH NO!!! Someone get RacerX to shred your "Jackson guitars fan club" card too!

but kidding aside... yeah I guess that Randi Rodes guy had no integrity either since he played gibsons...

Hmm... Lets think about this. Randy Rhoads, the guy who basically designed the first Jackson was a Gibson player. And since Gibson players have no Integrity then I guess that means Jackson's have no integrity.. Damn now I have to rip up my own jackson guitar fan club card

Or is it just because buckethead is playing gibsons now he has no integrity?

I am confused. and apparently have no integrity either cause i think his gibson looks great
            In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Where's the KFC logo?

Comment

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a...WITCH/-/1.html

- Newc

Comment

thank you..
                  "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Check for a arcade/pinball machine repair/resale center or buy an old asteroids machine and gut the pushbuttons from it.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Here's some background info.. Gibson did NOT want to build Bucket that guitar.. they outsourced it to a ghost builder and he built the thing and logo'd it Gibby.. Gibson had/has a deal with Axl.. in their minds people associate the Les Paul with GNR.. so, as per an agreement ($).. there'll be at least one guy in GNR using an LP on a regular basis.. so BH spec'd out one and what he wanted.. and Gibby didn't wanna build it.. so the hired someone else to make it for them.
                      Its my understanding that Joe Perry and a few other Gibby endorsees actually have their stuff built by ghostbuilders. I have another friend that works in Gibby's custom shop and he is real adamant about what they do there versus the quality of what's done on the actual factory floor.. in his group they do pretty much endorsee only guitars and what he sends pics of is really awesome stuff.. just recently he sent a pic of an explorer he did for Kiss (Thayer I think).. it was like a mirrored chromed out explorer (not crack glass just chromed) .. really nice looking stuff.
                      DiMarzio Endorsee
                      www.dimarzio.com
                      Morley Endorsee
                      www.morley.com
                      "Intelli-Shred" author
                      www.myspace.com/intellishred
                      NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

Obviously there was no Jackson for Rhoads to play prior to his Concorde, so your statement makes no sense.

Buckethead went with the money, plain and simple. Gibson pays him to advertise for them, Jackson doesn't. Sacrifice your integrity for a paycheck vs play a guitar you can rely on.
                        As for the Axl/GNR=Gibson, that's truly sad.
                        I can see if it was KISS - "Paul" has the Iceman or Explorer (Alive I), "Ace" has the LP, "Gene" has the Punisher or Axe or Marauder-shaped bass - but Guns-N-Fuckin Posers? Puhleez
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc are you seriously asserting that a Gibson Les Paul is not a reliable guitar?

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                            Newc are you seriously asserting that a Gibson Les Paul is not a reliable guitar?
                            EVERYONE knows Gibsons are not reliable.
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinDguitar View Post
                              Gibson had/has a deal with Axl.. in their minds people associate the Les Paul with GNR.. so, as per an agreement ($).. there'll be at least one guy in GNR using an LP on a regular basis..
                              But....Buckethead left GnR 5 years ago ...
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                                But....Buckethead left GnR 5 years ago ...
                                Not to mention he hasn't done anything to note since he left GnR. It seems like a very strange idea to make him a signature guitar regardless, I can't see people breaking down the doors to get his guitar. I mean it's kind of gimmicky with the arcade buttons but.. I dunno.

I'm not knocking him or the guitar, I wouldn't mind having one... I wouldn't buy one, but I wouldn't mind having one. And if they saw a worth in building it for him, then good luck to both. I think there are far more worthy guitarists though who actually have emotion in their playing. To be honest (and I hate this band with a passion) I think Billy Joel (joe?) or whatever his name from Green Day probably deserves a signature more then Buckethead does.
                                In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Working...
                                X