No announcement yet.

New Usa guitars maybe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well they have the models up on their site.

https://www.jacksonguitars.com/en-US...s-soloist.html

"Jackson has continued to revolutionize its high-performance craft over the last 40 years, while dominating the metal landscape as the industry’s leading shred machines. The all-new Jackson American Series is the next chapter in Jackson’s storied legacy, marking the first made-in-Corona flagship product line for the brand."

Flagship product line. What? Where did they do the USA guitars till now if not in Corona i am confused.

How are those flagship models. They are the most barebone you can have.
    Last edited by ed; 09-07-2022, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Man, they're just going overboard with their gazillion series. Not a bad idea in principle though. Doubling in price for US stuff was kinda exaggerated. So for someone who can't work over 4K, this could work. But yeah, it would be interesting to know what is "american" about these guitars. Given how pathologically penny-pinching FMIC has become, I wouldn't be surprised of these only thing American about them is that they were stringed in the US...I mean Corona.
      Last edited by wrldeatr7; 09-07-2022, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Those serial numbers are also weird. JAS -- Japan American Series? Jackson American Series? Trying to hide the country of origin.

Comment

am I only the person who finds the truss rod wheel adjust at the heel fugly? and also the direct mounted humbuckers fugly? two trends I wish would FOAD

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
            am I only the person who finds the truss rod wheel adjust at the heel fugly? and also the direct mounted humbuckers fugly? two trends I wish would FOAD
            I love direct mounted humbuckers.

Comment

The only thing ugly about the truss rod wheel at the heel is the empty headstock. Direct mounted pickups look great. I hate the look of pickup rings and all those screws. Screws shouldn't be visible...another reason I can't stand blade switches.

Comment

Originally posted by wrldeatr7 View Post
                The only thing ugly about the truss rod wheel at the heel is the empty headstock. Direct mounted pickups look great. I hate the look of pickup rings and all those screws. Screws shouldn't be visible...another reason I can't stand blade switches.
                Couldnt agree more!

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHtSuIWpeIo
                  Here is a video from their youtube talking about the new guitars.

Comment

So what's the difference between this headstock and the one of the other Jacksons?

Comment

So what's the difference between this headstock and the one of the other Jacksons?
                      if we're talking about e.g. the usa selects...

- matching color instead of black face
                      - no binding on headstock (which IMO looks super weird since the entire neck is finished)
                      - no truss rod cover

the overall shape outline looks the same to me

edit: or are you asking about the dialog in the video where they're talking about mike shannon's original headstock?
                      Last edited by metalhobo; 09-08-2022, 04:30 PM.

Comment

I would just glue a truss rod cover on that headstock. Ideally they would move the logo closer to the nut and make it larger, more visible...but that would cost a few cents.

Comment

Overall I really want to like these but so far am kinda meh on them. I am one of the peeps who thinks custom shop prices are kinda nuts. I understand why custom shop instruments are priced the way they are so I applaud Fender for the steps they took in manufacturing/retooling etc to get the prices down.

Why are the Sharkfins backwards? Why a Korean Floyd when the Concept series has a real one? Why no stainless frets? Why waste a part of the budget on the locking tuners on a guitar with a locking nut?

I don't get it.
                          Last edited by sonikk71; 09-09-2022, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post

if we're talking about e.g. the usa selects...

- matching color instead of black face
                            - no binding on headstock (which IMO looks super weird since the entire neck is finished)
                            - no truss rod cover

the overall shape outline looks the same to me

edit: or are you asking about the dialog in the video where they're talking about mike shannon's original headstock?
                            I think the poster was talking about how in the video they made a big deal about how the Mike Shannon headstock was different, but didn't really explain what was so different about it.

Comment

From what I remember, it's just slightly thinner like what they originally used on Randy Rhoads' guitars. They have used it a couple times through the years on other guitars, but most people don't really notice.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks. Yeah, the video mentions some "OG headstock" and Shannon traced that headstock so that the other guy could put it into production which implies that the shape is somehow different.

Comment

Working...
                                X