New Usa guitars maybe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post

at this point if it doesn't say Professional, Performer, Concept or Made in USA on the head I don't want it
    i dunno man...some of the later japanese ones weren't bad...i've got a dk2s that we put a floyd rose pro on and it's a fantastic guitar...weird as hell feeling when the sustainer is on...i've also got one of the gc 36th anniversary models that we put a futone floyd on and real pickups in and i play it a lot as well...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Originally posted by Dak View Post
      I'm probably gonna sound like a broken record here but I wish they would do a modern take on the Fusion line. That five-piece neck and the new heel design with a 24.75" scale with H-H pickups would be sweet. Basically this new Virtuoso but with the shorter scale.
      This! Or like the Jackson Archtop Pro/Charvel 750XL line. I don't mind 25.5" scale, but I seem to prefer the shorter scales a lot more these days.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post

This! Or like the Jackson Archtop Pro/Charvel 750XL line. I don't mind 25.5" scale, but I seem to prefer the shorter scales a lot more these days.
        That would be even better, though myself I think I would prefer the standard soloist body with the arm cut to the archtop. A neck thru Jackson in 24.75" scale of either style would be cool though. I kick around selling my 650XL to fund a 750XL but the 750XL prices are so high I would still be short on funds. I'm just not sure how you market it. Unless you play on the scale of the Les Paul with the comfort of the Jackson body. I have a LTD EC-401 I like but when I play a Fusion after playing it the Dinky body shape is just more comfortable to me.

Comment

That would be even better, though myself I think I would prefer the standard soloist body with the arm cut to the archtop. A neck thru Jackson in 24.75" scale of either style would be cool though. I kick around selling my 650XL to fund a 750XL but the 750XL prices are so high I would still be short on funds. I'm just not sure how you market it. Unless you play on the scale of the Les Paul with the comfort of the Jackson body. I have a LTD EC-401 I like but when I play a Fusion after playing it the Dinky body shape is just more comfortable to me.
          You will also have to take into consideration that the 750xls are very heavy atleast the figured top versions. The solid colours are not so heavy.
          They have those Pro plus series that are archtops but they are 25.5" scale length and made in China if that even matters from quality perspective these days.

I do agree though that it is a shame not more short scale guitars exist in todays market.

Comment

Yeah, the archtop body contour isn't for everybody. A little bit of a softer arch would be nice. I've got a '97 PRS CE-24 with 25" scale I really like, but I'm more playing my cheap '98 Korean Dean E'Lite/Cadillac with 24.75" scale lately.
            Any kind of a Jackson short scale with a Dinky/Fusion body would be nice, though.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I am late rejoining the party and bumping a thread in which I last participated with my thoughts about the SL3.

By now the Virtuoso has been available for a few months but I do not believe I have seen anyone ask: "Why the new name (Virtuoso) when it's basically a Dinky?"

Comment

I'm just not sure how you market it. Unless you play on the scale of the Les Paul with the comfort of the Jackson body.
                That is exactly how you market it. I frequently switch between my LP's and 750XL or AT Pro. There are differences in tone. Not good or bad just different. I have high enough gain that I can do MOP on T-Tops or higher output and it all sounds good.

But I love the bigger frets and thinner necks on my J/C guitars.

The last guitar I will buy will either be another 750XL or AT Pro in lemon burst with a trem. Not sure if I'll ever find one, but that will be it if I do.

Comment

Working...
                X