Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats with Jackson making mostly cheap shitty axes nowadays?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maiden89 View Post
    I agree with using a different name for Jackson's low end js and x series, and keeping the Jackson name on midrange and up. When I first wanted a Jackson, I didn't even realize they had low end series. All the stores I went into had Japanese RR's, Kelly's and Dinky's, I knew when I bought my first Jackson it was gonna be killer.

Now they have js and x series that have sharkfins, floyds, active pickups. You can't tell where their beginner guitars and midrange start...
    I'd have to agree. Fender does it with "Squire" so why not with Jackson?

And I am kinda OK with the lines often blurred with the low-to-mid guitars for the sake of the guitar's identity. Sharkfin inlays and certain other details I outright expect on Jacksons are indicative traits of them.

And pretty much everything has actives in them now. They're the ultimate compensators for all the cheaper aspects that make cheap guitars sound bad and help people on a budget get something that sounds halfway decent, even though personally I don't like them and don't have any guitar that uses them.

Comment

It's not about either. Fender has horribly mis-managed the brand name. Just look at their history and you can see they don't know what to do with it. They recently shut down Hamer for the exact same reason. They didn't know what to do with it and trying to figure out took too much of their time away from other products, which they also don't know what to do with.
      But they did figure the chinese hamer line out. they redid the line and now call they The Desolation Charvels.

Comment

So ESP are rebranding their standard series to "LTD Elite" (guitars are identical to current standard series but with a different headstock logo). Fender, gibson, Jackson etc have made their ranges mega confusing and seem to relish these re-branding/repositioning exercises. The only end result for players is higher prices. Give me a quality guitar at a competitive price and they can shove all the marketing nonsense.

Comment

Maybe revive the Charvette brand for the lower end guitars like it used to be. Save Jackson for the mid to high section and put Charvel as the top of the line brand. You could switch Jackson and Charvel if you want, but you get the point.
          In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Originally posted by 1994 View Post
            So ESP are rebranding their standard series to "LTD Elite" (guitars are identical to current standard series but with a different headstock logo). Fender, gibson, Jackson etc have made their ranges mega confusing and seem to relish these re-branding/repositioning exercises. The only end result for players is higher prices. Give me a quality guitar at a competitive price and they can shove all the marketing nonsense.

I thought Gibson has been pretty straight-forward with their epiphone models

Fender, on the other hand, should do more to visually distinguish those $1800 strats from their $400 ones so it doesn't take studying the thing to determine what you have is worth because you can have two strats of the same pup config and the same color and only people who really know Fenders can tell you which one is the better one.

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell View Post
            Maybe revive the Charvette brand for the lower end guitars like it used to be. Save Jackson for the mid to high section and put Charvel as the top of the line brand. You could switch Jackson and Charvel if you want, but you get the point.

Personally I am all for them using the Japanese "Jackson Stars" name as a base model for the US

Comment

Originally posted by 1994 View Post
              I thought the LTD Elites were being made in Japan? That's a difference worth mentioning.
              Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
                Personally I am all for them using the Japanese "Jackson Stars" name as a base model for the US
                Jacksette?
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I tried a bunch of X series and Pro series the other day at a shop here in MN. I liked them all. Played well and felt awesome. The fret ends could have been filed down a bit and It fealt a little weird having the 3 bolt neck, but not huge issues. Jackson does need to lower prices on thier Select and custom shop stuff though.
                  H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mr426 View Post
                    I tried a bunch of X series and Pro series the other day at a shop here in MN. I liked them all. Played well and felt awesome. The fret ends could have been filed down a bit and It fealt a little weird having the 3 bolt neck, but not huge issues. Jackson does need to lower prices on thier Select and custom shop stuff though.
                    Knowing Jackson they'll probably introduce a range between the MiSweatshop and USA select, with a more diverse choice of colors ...ofcourse nothing but dual humbucker layouts
                    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I will never buy a Chinese-made Jackson or Charvel. Yeah, yeah I know, 'it's a global economy now' blah blah. I don't care. I'm glad I got one of the last USA-made Charvels. They may play fine now, but who knows what the quality of wood is in those, or how properly the wood was prepped. There is zero pride of workmanship in those Chinese factories.

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
                        I'd have to agree. Fender does it with "Squire" so why not with Jackson?

Fender even goes lower than that. They have the Fender Starcaster that you can buy in Target. I think it would be good for Jackson to create a separation of their different product lines.

My first Jackson was a USA DK1, and honestly, every other Jackson product below that line has always been compared to playing that DK1, which I admit is not fair. But, because the DK1 was my first, it is hard to find an import I like. The model that I found to be comparable are the older DK2M line....they just seem to be close in feel and ease of play, IMO. This doesn't mean the other lines are not good quality, I just did it backwards, and there is quite a big difference between the USA and bottom line import models.
                        Last edited by stevoc; 01-14-2013, 04:24 PM.
                        "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                          Jacksette?
                          There you go!
                          "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by stevoc View Post
                            Fender even goes lower than that. They have the Fender Starcaster that you can buy in Target.
                            With stiff competition from cereal packets with elastic bands on them?
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                              With stiff competition from cereal packets with elastic bands on them?
                              Hey, start a NGD post!
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                                Hey, start a NGD post!
                                I was gonna wait til you posted full pictures of your "Big galloot Custom" mini Rhoads first
                                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                                X