Charvel Model 88 current value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Model 88 current value?

Hello everyone, I was wondering what a fairly good condition Model 88 without the original pickup would be worth. It has the original HSC. thanks

about tree fiddy
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

“But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

In decent condition without any major chips and bucklerash, $500 minimum, probably more depending on how bad someone wants it.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Thanks Len I couldnt get to FB to post it at the time lol
          Haters gonna hate

Comment

I love that episode! lol
            "Rule number one: In my van, it's Rush. All Rush, all the time. No exceptions. Rule number two: Nobody touch the red button. And I mean never touch the red button. Most importantly, rule number three: There's no jerking it in my van!"

Kemper 600 watt Profiling Amp
            ENGL Powerball II
            Peavey 5150 4x12 Slant Cab
            Mesa 4 x 12 Slant Cab
            Marshall 2x12 Cab

2010 Jackson SL2H Trans Blue
            1988 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst
            1989 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst Hardtail
            2011 Jackson DK2M Blue
            2011 Jackson DK2M Black
            1987 Charvel Model 2 White
            2012 Charvel Dimartini Crossed Swords
            1991 Charvel Dinky 080-SH Blue Crackle
            1990 Grover Jackson Dinky Trans Purple
            2010 Jackson Mutt Slime Green
            2012 Charvel Jap Pro Mod Candy Blue
            2006 Gibson Les Paul Custom Black
            2003 Gibson Les Paul R9 Custom Shop Reissue
            2013 Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro Silverburst
            2013 Epiphone Plus Top Pro w/ Bonamassa pups
            2014 PRS SE Custom 24 Emerald Green
            1987 Tokai Silver Star Strat

Comment

Thanks for all your replies. I'm going to pick it up this week. The Floyd is pitted up so I might have it powder coated and I'd like to try and find the original pickup. I really like the old Jackson/Charvels. It'll be a fun restoration project. I guess these are mahogany so it'll be a different change from the usual alder/basswood Jacksons I own. Are the necks on these maple?

Comment

hardrock maple rosewood boards and real MOP inlays.

Comment

The bridge is a jt6, very easy to find so you'd be better just buying a new one. As for the pickup, it's a j95 and very hard to find, you'd probably be better off with a j80 so it at least looks original. The body is African ribbon mahogany... very soft and easy to dent and chip so be careful, yes maple neck with rosewood board.
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Clem what on the trem is pitted or are oyu only seeing pics? It may just be the texturing your seeing on the trem. IF it is infact not just the picture let me know what parts are pitted I have a bunch of JT6 parts and ill help ya restore it. I love seeing these pieces saved.
                    Haters gonna hate

Comment

JT-6 is a textured finish like Cman says.
                      I may have a J-95 in my box of pick ups.
                      First model series to get a reversed headstock too.
                      Great guitars indeed.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                        The bridge is a jt6, very easy to find so you'd be better just buying a new one. As for the pickup, it's a j95 and very hard to find, you'd probably be better off with a j80 so it at least looks original. The body is African ribbon mahogany... very soft and easy to dent and chip so be careful, yes maple neck with rosewood board.
                        thanks RobRR, It's too bad the original pups on these older guitars get lost in the years. Usually they get replaced when the guitars are new and and not as hard to find. I hope I can find one. I have a 93 Dinky XL that I recently put EMG's in for the heck of it and it's a nice change but I'll always hang onto the original pups/controls.

Comment

J-80's are a bit more plentiful and sound pretty good too, and since they are covered they look externally the same. (Unless the 88's didn't come with the covers, not fully familiar with the model.)
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                            JT-6 is a textured finish like Cman says.
                            I may have a J-95 in my box of pick ups.
                            First model series to get a reversed headstock too.
                            Great guitars indeed.
                            thanks straycat, I'd really appreciate the help on the J-95. I can't wait to try the mahogany body out. I never new Jackson made them. I never owned any mahogany guitars until recently which are Shecter set necks. One has a maple neck and is a bit bright compared to the mahogany neck but the Charvel with the bolt on should really be interesting. I'm really looking forward to this guitar and having it for many years so it would be nice to get it back to as close as possible to new conditionand with the help of the pickup it'll be one step closer. I know alot of musicians care more about performance than appearance and I can understand that but I like both. Especially with older guitars. Then again I'm a gear nut.

Comment

thanks again everyone for all of your help and replies. This is a great and helpful forum. I really love Charvel and Jackson guitars and these old Model series are extra cool in my book. I'm really looking forward to this guitar and I'll post pic's soon. Hopefully I'll be able to land a neck thru one for my next Charvel. Maybe a Model 6.

Comment

Working...
                              X