New Pro series!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DarkkWarriorr View Post
    Agreed, however their infrequent updates normally hint to something that normally happens later on...
    True, but that and their Charvel site have had sat stagnant without updates... sometimes for a year or more.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

• That sounds like Charvel alright. I'm just too lazy to inquire on something like the JS stuff, I'll leave it to the rest of you.
      -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

• "Hello Fabian,

Currently the Dinky’s are being manufactured in Mexico and the set neck and neck through instruments are manufactured in Indonesia.

Best regards,

Michael Roberts

Consumer Relations Representative
        Fender Musical Instruments Corp.
        (Fender, Squier, Gretsch Guitars, Guild, Charvel, Jackson, Genz-Benz, SWR, EVH, Groove Tubes)"

*This is taken from a german forum where one of the members mailed jackson to find out where the new pro-series is being made...
        So byebye jackson and hello ESP.

Comment

• Ill GLADLY buy a Mexican Jackson over any other current import. Atleast theyre made on this continent!
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

• Originally posted by xxx256 View Post
            neck through instruments are manufactured in Indonesia.
            Not at that price I won't
            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

• Can somebody ask Jackson which Indonesian facility is building their guitars ?

Comment

• Originally posted by xxx256 View Post
                "Hello Fabian,

Currently the Dinky’s are being manufactured in Mexico and the set neck and neck through instruments are manufactured in Indonesia.

Best regards,

Michael Roberts

Consumer Relations Representative
                Fender Musical Instruments Corp.
                (Fender, Squier, Gretsch Guitars, Guild, Charvel, Jackson, Genz-Benz, SWR, EVH, Groove Tubes)"

*This is taken from a german forum where one of the members mailed jackson to find out where the new pro-series is being made...
                So byebye jackson and hello ESP.
                Thanks for the confirmation... That's exactly what has been rumored/reported before, since the Mexican facility isn't really equipped or experienced enough with the neck thru construction assembly.
                I still will reserve judgment on the Indonesian based models until people try/review them. So far we have a JCF member here that swears by the SLAT model he bought, which is a little encouraging.
                -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

• Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                  Ill GLADLY buy a Mexican Jackson over any other current import. Atleast theyre made on this continent!
                  I'd agree with this.
                  Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

• Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                    Ill GLADLY buy a Mexican Jackson over any other current import. Atleast theyre made on this continent!
                    +1

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                    Not at that price I won't
                    That's the real issue I had in this thread. Charvel didn't offer me what I wanted at the right price point. I don't think Jackson will be able to either. BC Rich did.

Comment

• I have to think that the Mexican Fender employees are treated better than the hell-hole slave shops in Indonesia and China. While I wouldn't be too hot on a Mexican Jackson, there is no farking way I would own a slave-shop Indonesian or Chinese Jackson. Still wondering if Jackson is using Cort in Indonesia ?

Comment

• Pro-Mods from Mexico would be awesome.... MIM quality strat with double locking trems. I'd buy one.

Comment

• I thought it was Harmony in Indonesia.
                          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

• Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                            Pro-Mods from Mexico would be awesome.... MIM quality strat with double locking trems. I'd buy one.
                            Me too.

Basically, take the shaped Fender necks, add some Charvel magic (rolled edges, different backshape, oil and wax) and you're mostly there.

Heck, I could see them doing 3 series.
                            Charvel Pro-Mod Vintage (brass V trem, 22 fret necks)
                            Charvel Pro-Mod Standard (floyd, 22 fret necks)
                            Charvel Pro-Mod Modern (floyd, 24 fret necks)

Then Differentiate the lines by not making any Fender branded guitars with a floyd.

So, you break the company into sets of various eras.

Fender - True Vintage models, (no floyds, no EMG's etc)
                            Charvel - Modern Vintage (strat shapes, floyds, wilder colors, EMG's)
                            Jackson - Ultra Modern (wild shapes, 7 strings ++, neck through, EMG's, pointy HS')

Then move the Desolation series to the Charvette brand. Just call them Vette's for a harder name (image).
                            Make any sense?
                            Last edited by Flatpicker; 10-10-2012, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                              That's the real issue I had in this thread. Charvel didn't offer me what I wanted at the right price point. I don't think Jackson will be able to either. BC Rich did.

I also don't have to decide to put money on a Jackson, since they're made in the same factory as the rest of the brands, I'm just as well off if I buy a LTD or Schecter
                              (probably cheaper to)
                              Back when you knew C/Js didn't come out of some sulfermine workshop, you knew you'd get your money worth (allbeit at a bit higher price)
                              Now it's just a crapshoot with the rest of them, and the higher pricetag will give no more than the Jackson name on the H/S
                              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

• Flatpicker, sounds good to me.

Nightbat, all I expect of my favorite name brand is to hold onto a specific level of quality.

My Stealth does have a bit of issue to it still, but that's due to my nitpickyness, not because it's not within normal spec. But, even if I do decide to take it to my luthier for a full fret level and recrown (on a brand new guitar, mind you), I'll still be into it less than an average street price. The cost of that would be about double what I would lose if I returned it and ate the shipping two ways. However, I don't care. The overall quality of the build justifies the $120 or so to get it set up exactly how I want and I wouldn't even expect the best new $670 guitar to play like a custom shop guitar straight out of a box. It exceeded my expectations for the price and honestly, after going to a few shops after I got my stealth, I'm not sure if any 7 string would set up the way I want without some kind of intervention.

Comment

Working...
                                X