New Pro series!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lepard View Post
    Cool, glad to hear. I can show you guitars on the used market for crazy low prices that are just as good or better. Seriously, people just have no clue who is building these guitars and which ones are the serious bang for the buck. I sware companies like ESP/LTD, Dean, Schecter and Kramer have built the same guitars for the past 10 years, first in Korea at World Guitars or UnSung, then Indonesia at Cort and then at some place in China. The kids buying these things have no clue that the guitars made 3-4 years ago in Korea are much, much better instruments.
    I've been wanting a custom BC Rich for a while now. I played my first stealth back in the 80's. I could never afford them. Then when I could, they were so rare and you'd never just see a simple black one or two hum and if you did, it was big money. I blew these off as crappy imports from the moment they came out. I never saw any at GC or the local stores or I'd have at least tried them.

This is really the quality level that I've been bitching about throughout this whole damn thread. This guitar was $670 shipped, $11 dollars more than the DX1FR which is craptacular in comparison. They're both mass-produced cookie-cutter guitars. The DX1 has a marginally better playing neck, but the Stealth just blows away any Jackson or Charvel import in recent memory in terms of features or quality. The binding is flawless. Ebony fretboard with inlays with no visible filler. These are really close to USA Jackson... better in some cases, not as good as many, but overall in a similar quality level.

I said I was over buying any more new guitars, but I may just get a 6 string stealth while they're fresh off the production line.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
      These are really close to USA Jackson... better in some cases, not as good as many, but overall in a similar quality level.
      I felt the same way, and said it before here as well. But even thinking about saying it i felt people will just think you're full of shit ya know? But it's true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trem View Post
        I felt the same way, and said it before here as well. But even thinking about saying it i felt people will just think you're full of shit ya know? But it's true.
        I'm thoroughly impressed. Even though the truss is super picky on mine, I think I finally nailed it. I decided to go a half turn past my previous best point (which is opposite of the direction I'd normally go with Jacksons) just for fucks sake... and now the board is nice and flat and the buzz across the whole board has decreased. Two way truss for the win? It did also take two shims under the nut, so it took a bit of tinkering.

I certainly hope this new line of Jacksons are comparable quality, but I kind of find it hard to believe since World Guitars seems at about the same level Chushin Gakki was during the early 90's before they were told to take it down a notch. FWIW, I haven't even seen an Elite anywhere to play, but I thought their earlier pre 200x guitars were better than their newer ones.

And in general...

I think everyone thinks I want everything to be custom shop quality... I don't, but for the money I wasn't really impressed with the DX1 at all, and the Pro-Mods are nice, but they in a similar boat. This Stealth isn't all that much more expensive, but the quality isn't really even comparable. The Stealth is in a different league. I hope Jacksons make a comparable new guitar. If they're anything like the DX1 in build, it's probably going to be game over soon. BTW, if the DX1 were built in Korea, it'd probably be my #1 or #2 guitar. I love the design of the DX1... slimline, heelless neck-thru, quick profile, mild archtop, quality hardware... a really nice update... except the build quality is crap in comparison. I liked a lot about the Charvel, but in the end it was the build quality that's off-putting.

And I'm saying all this shit, and people are jumping all over my ass (and I'm fine with that lol) but Jackson is still my favorite brand (two new CS orders in the oven) and probably will be for a long time to come. I just want them to do something really right. They haven't done something really right for a while now... so that's why I've been quite vocal.

Comment

• Wow, I can say that judging by the specs and price, this is one of the best decisions Jackson has made for the youngsters like me. Now, they have to bring back RR24 to the pro series and I'm sure I'm taking a loan from bank just to get one !

Comment

• I would really like to know which Indonesian shop Jackson is using for these guitars. I will never support buying anything from an Indonesian Cort shop. Please read this short article and you will see why:

http://www.independentworldreport.co...e-your-guitar/

Comment

I've been wanting a custom BC Rich for a while now. I played my first stealth back in the 80's. I could never afford them. Then when I could, they were so rare and you'd never just see a simple black one or two hum and if you did, it was big money. I blew these off as crappy imports from the moment they came out. I never saw any at GC or the local stores or I'd have at least tried them.
              I've always liked that Stealth shape. From what I'm seeing on eBay, your choice is a 7-string w/ Floyd or a 6-string w/o Floyd. Dammit ! Where is the 6-string with an OFR ?

Comment

• Originally posted by lepard View Post
                I've always liked that Stealth shape. From what I'm seeing on eBay, your choice is a 7-string w/ Floyd or a 6-string w/o Floyd. Dammit ! Where is the 6-string with an OFR ?
                If there was a 6 with a Floyd I probably would have bought that. I'm glad I bought this 7 though. It's got that feeling to it like, just like the old Charvels did when they first came out. Except this is now. The 7 string Stealth is something everyone should add to their collection. It feels like a 'collectible' guitar if that means anything to anyone. Built quality is really that great.

Comment

• Some new Pro series models (and others) have been listed on the Jackson website, they're just placeholders at the moment without any information, specs or photos:
                  • RR3 Rhoads
                  • RR5 Rhoads
                  • DK2 Dinky
                  • DK2L Dinky
                  • DK2S Dinky™ w/Sustainiac®
                  • DK2T Dinky™ w/ Hard-Tail
                  • Demmelition KV Pro Series
                  • KVX10 King V™ (X-series)
                  • SLAT3-6 Soloist™ Archtop
                  • SLAT3-7 Soloist™ Archtop 7 String
                  • WRMG Warrior™ w/EMG® (MG Series)
                  • WRXT Warrior™ (X Series)
                  Has anyone else noticed that the JS Series guitars have disappeared from Jackson's site?
                  It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                  ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

• Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                    Some new Pro series models (and others) have been listed on the Jackson website, they're just placeholders at the moment without any information, specs or photos:
                    • RR3 Rhoads
                    • RR5 Rhoads
                    • DK2 Dinky
                    • DK2L Dinky
                    • DK2S Dinky™ w/Sustainiac®
                    • DK2T Dinky™ w/ Hard-Tail
                    • Demmelition KV Pro Series
                    • KVX10 King V™ (X-series)
                    • SLAT3-6 Soloist™ Archtop
                    • SLAT3-7 Soloist™ Archtop 7 String
                    • WRMG Warrior™ w/EMG® (MG Series)
                    • WRXT Warrior™ (X Series)

Has anyone else noticed that the JS Series guitars have disappeared from Jackson's site?
                    and the x series 7 strings are suddenly made out of mahogany. :think:

Comment

• I see some of the old JS series gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                        I see some of the old JS series gone.
                        Yeah, I've noticed that too, good riddance.
                        -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

• Yeah, I've noticed that too, good riddance.
                          the ones that are gone are the ones without sharkfin inlays. discontiued a while ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                            the ones that are gone are the ones without sharkfin inlays. discontiued a while ago.
                            But if you notice here:
                            http://www.jacksonguitars.com/produc...ection=guitars
                            ... Most of the series (old and new) are on their way out, actually the ones without the sharkies been out for a while now! That's what I'm guessing. However, there is a new JS RR limited edition has been announced, so I don't know what the real deal is! :think:

Comment

• The Jackson web site is a really horrible place to get information. Someone should ask a FMIC rep directly.

Comment

The Jackson web site is a really horrible place to get information. Someone should ask a FMIC rep directly.
                                Agreed, however their infrequent updates normally hint to something that normally happens later on...

Comment

Working...
                                X