No announcement yet.

No sir, I'm not a happy camper!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know how much Fender is involved with how Jackson handles their quality assurance (I am sure many would argue that QA/QC is non-existant within Jackson) but Jackson was a mess in this area long before Fender stepped into the picture.

Would be nice to see the company get serious about improving in this area, but I don't ever see that happening. I think anyone who is going to order a CS instrument from Jackson needs to be aware of the fact that it's a risky process no matter how specific you are. There's also a chance it may take years for them to build/deliver what you asked for if you're adamant about getting what you ordered and not the loosely based version of what you ordered they shipped to the dealer and try to get you to take at a measely $200 dollar discount.

Comment

the ONLY good thing about the JCS wait time is that you can pretty much be broke and oreder a CS because you will have YEARS to save for it.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SixstringKing View Post
        So..... you just got yours.... took over a year.... I already knew that Phil was signing mine and I've been waiting for over a year and a half for it and now been told it could be close to two years.... you hope they reduce the time frame.... Yeah OK!??? I fell better now....:think:

You probably ended up with my guitar!! LOL!!
        Ima little late on this topic regarding what you said Six... but I forgot to say they had to get rid of my first PC-1 due to paint job had a crack in it and plus wrong head stock... Really sorry that you werent able to get your CS.

Last edited by guitarhero; 06-07-2011, 11:41 PM.
        Guitars:
        2011 Jackson PC-1 Adrenalize Custom Shop
        1994 Jackson Professional Dinky XL Pearl White

Comment

I feel your guys' pain. I ordered a CS Soloist and was quoted a 4-8 month build time, it ended up taking 11 months. That didn't bother me to much though, I'd lurked these forums long enough that I knew to expect to wait longer than whatever I was quoted. I got it and it played great for about 4 months, and then BAM! Fucking neck warped. I took it into to get repaired at my local authorized repair center on March 5th. The shop did an eval and it ended up that Fender wanted it back in the Custom Shop to do the repairs there, and so it went. I hadn't heard anything on it since they shipped it back to the CS so I called last week and got an update on it. Turns out they're doing a complete rebuild which is the good news, bad news that it's going to be awhile before I see it again. I waited allllllllll that time for it to be built only to be able to play it for 4 months before I had to send it back to get fixed; it's like blue balls but worse.

Worst part of all though - Once I finally got the Soloist I sold off my Dominion, which was my only other Jackson, because I loved the Soloist so much I figured I wouldn't need it anymore and wanted the money instead. Bit me in the ass.

It seriously breaks my balls. I love Jackson; their guitars are incredible, and they're pretty chill as a company. For some reason though they just can't quite seem to keep their shit together when it comes to CS, which really blows. I had a glimmer of hope a few days ago when I remembered those USA Chris Broderick 7-strings that they showed at NAMM. I decided to see if I could pick one up to help me pass the time while I wait for my CS to be repaired only to find out that they were initially supposed to come out in July but now they've been pushed back tell late this year! Come on!
          Last edited by TVTiZtiK; 06-08-2011, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Yup. I have no desire to do custom shop with Jackson due to all these silly issues even though I'd love too.
            2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
            Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

I was going to respond to TVT's post this morning but was lazy and decided to get ready for work and drop my daughter off at daycare. My buddy had told me he had an update on the shipping of my guitar, May 24. Awesome a few weeks earlier than the June 11th shipping that I was told and reported in a earlier post in this thread. He also said that they recieved their shipments from Fender on Fridays, so every Friday after the week of the 24th I called to see if they recieved it. "No" was always the answer.
              I was going to show up at the shop this coming Friday as I'm now back at work and it's only 15 minutes away on my way home. I recieved a call on my cell and it was a # I didn't quite recognize. I called and heard, "Hello Long & McQuade", so I asked for my buddy and then asked,"Did you call me?" "Yes" was his reply, "I have some great news for you, you PC1 showed up today!"
              New thread to follow!!
              Last edited by SixstringKing; 06-09-2011, 03:36 AM.
              You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

Bout time!!! Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                X