No sir, I'm not a happy camper!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No sir, I'm not a happy camper!

Back in December my buddy at L&M informed me that the shipping date on my custom shop PC1 was going to be Feb. 28. So, today on my birthday I call to hopefully hear some good news. He informs me that now the shipping date is to be in June. I'm not Pissed but extremely dissapointed. I ordered this guitar back in August of `09 and was told 18 months. OK, I was cool with that. But when I here of some guys ordering a custom shop after me and gets it 8 months later and I'm waiting almost two years, it kinda rubs me the wrong way. It's not like it was anything out of the ordinary. Everything stock on it even the colour, Solar, all I wanted was a reverse headstock and monogrammed " In loving memory of my wife ....." on the back of the headstock. Almost two fuggin years???
    Sorry for the rant, just a couple of beers in and really dissapointed that I'm not getting my guitar anytime soon. Kind of like a kid on Christmas eve being told that they changed the date to March 25.
    You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

I'd be pretty pissed myself...
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

I would be a bit ticked as well.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

18 months? Ridiculous. When you can create a human life faster than it takes a company to build a stringed instrument, there's a problem.

Comment

Wow... that is not acceptable at all. They should be ashamed!!!!

Comment

I think 18 months is ridiculous, but 2 years? I'd be requesting a refund.
            At the very least, they should be doing something to make this right for you.
            My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

That sux man.

Yeah i don't know what the politics or whatnot about the custom shop is, or how many orders they get a month/year whatever, but with a company that's been around as long as they have and with fender behind them i really don't see why they cannot pump out guitars in less time. I always got the feeling they drag it out on purpose just to make the guitars seem more desirable/hard to get kinda thing to keep the mystique about them. Either that or they just are not getting the resources to do it from fender. If fender won't back them up or help with that, fuck fender, especially fender! lol, you can get a strat pretty much anywhere no matter who's name is on it. Fenders i see anymore are pretty shitty, not what you should be expecting from a company such as them.

Personally if i was going to order a custom, i'd go with a smaller builder like Rico, Mike Learn, Sully ect..we've all seen their work.. Jackson hasn't got the monopoly on skills nor craftmanship. I don't care who builds it as long as it's quality and exactly what i want.
              Well, i guess i'm ranting... I'm doin it for ya man, you were too polite.

Comment

Thanks Trem!

I've always like the looks of the PC1. Leppard was one of the bands that my wife and I really liked and she'd agree to see in concert. We saw them in `92 the day after we got engaged and they were the last band that we saw together in `08 before see passed away in May of `09. When I ordered the guitar in Aug of `09, my buddy Mark was in contact with Mike Kotzen to see if he could get it signed by Phil. He said that he could get the trem cover signed, which I was stoked about and still am but I don't think this is what the holdup is.
                I love my PC1 and I want to do yet another custom shop PC1, but to know that I have to wait this long?? I've seen Sully's work and it's awesome!! Who know's maybe I'll go that route next time!

Comment

Is it possible the store you ordered from is the hold-up? Didn't put the order in? Hasn't paid their invoice from Fender?
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

No. Long & McQuade are a huge dealer up here in Canada, probably the biggest and probably has the biggest account with Fender up here. So I don't think that's where the problem lies. The order went in back in Aug of `09. The holdup is with Jackson/Fender. It just kills me when I see all of these custom shop guitars done for winter NAMM and they can't fill their costomers orders??? That's when I say WTF!!!!

Comment

So let your wallet do the talking then.
                      -------------------------
                      Blank yo!

Comment

Sad thing is though, they're the only shop here that carries the guitars that I like. My buddy gives me some good deals, but yeah I here what you're saying.

Comment

I would ask your contact at the store for the number of someone to call at Jackson, to at least call and put a bug in their ear. If they won't do that, I'd seriously consider asking for a refund. that may be the motivation for the store to actually check on it.

Phil was recently seen with a splatter finish PC1 with reverse headstock - I wonder if he stole your guitar from the Custom Shop and had them repaint it? You have the right to bitch at this point, it's kind of ridiculous of them to just casually blow you off.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                            Is it possible the store you ordered from is the hold-up? Didn't put the order in? Hasn't paid their invoice from Fender?
                            Long and McQuade is a huge dealer here, basically Canadian Guitar Center, eh, but they take their time. I don't know about Manitoba, but down here in Windsor, it has the reputation as the place to try stuff, then order it somewhere else. My buddy wanted to order a soft Jackson case for his JS Warrior, and after 6 months of waiting, he found out they didn't put the order in, so he got his money back.

Originally posted by SixstringKing View Post
                            No. Long & McQuade are a huge dealer up here in Canada, probably the biggest and probably has the biggest account with Fender up here. So I don't think that's where the problem lies. The order went in back in Aug of `09. The holdup is with Jackson/Fender. It just kills me when I see all of these custom shop guitars done for winter NAMM and they can't fill their costomers orders??? That's when I say WTF!!!!
                            They couldn't take a left handed PC1 neck, put the logo on it, and put some writing on it? I understand the Phil Collin's signature, but seriously?

Also I'm very sorry to hear about your wife.

Comment

I had asked about that, taking a lefty neck and putting it on a righty body and the answer was no. As soon as you alter the guitar it becomes a custom order. Yeah, I've wanted both a Jackson and a Charvel t-shirt to show my loyalty and was told that I'd have to order from the website but guess what, thay don't ship to Canada!!
                              I had ordered my production PC1 the same time I ordered the CS and was told that they were just starting the run and I should have it in four months. Low and behold, I had it in Dec. of `09. L&M here in Winnipeg are pretty good and fairly quick but I guess it boils down to what they order and from whom and how much they order all depends on how fast you get it!

And thanks... I have two kids a boy(13) and a girl(3) and yeah she's missed immensely here and thought this was a cool way to remember her by.

Comment

Working...
                              X