No sir, I'm not a happy camper!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post
    Wow, two years just for a reverse headstock and a tiny bit of writing on the back of it? That is beyond ridiculous.

And the Charvel/Jackson guys do make the EVH guitars right there in the same place. It's not on the other side of the building. So yes, it's a fairly small group of guys making the guitars, but two years for a reverse headstock??? Unacceptable.
    I had forgotten and my buddy reminded me that a friend and a member here(pipsqueak) had gotten his CS KV 24 months to the day after he ordered it and all he had done to it was a reverse headstock and a single humbucker, oh yeah can't leave out that it was seafoam green!
    You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

I had to wait that long for my reverse strat head dinky as well..totally unacceptable IMO. Having said that my recent Charvel orders have turned around in 5-8 months. Not sure why the difference...Hope you get it soon, and agree with Ian, L&M suck ass (at least in Calgary) and I do way better ordering from guys here.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarhero View Post
        I just got my guitar which is also a custom PC-1 with Jackson reverse headstock and it took over a year to arrive plus as a bonus Phil Collen happened to be at the factory and signed my guitar. Hopefully they will reduce the time frame on yours.
        Bet that was a nice surprise ....
        Live Hard, Die Hard
        Just don't forget to party once in awhile

Comment

Originally posted by guitarhero View Post
          I just got my guitar which is also a custom PC-1 with Jackson reverse headstock and it took over a year to arrive plus as a bonus Phil Collen happened to be at the factory and signed my guitar. Hopefully they will reduce the time frame on yours.
          So..... you just got yours.... took over a year.... I already knew that Phil was signing mine and I've been waiting for over a year and a half for it and now been told it could be close to two years.... you hope they reduce the time frame.... Yeah OK!??? I fell better now....:think:

You probably ended up with my guitar!! LOL!!
          Last edited by SixstringKing; 03-08-2011, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SixstringKing View Post
            So..... you just got yours.... took over a year.... I already knew that Phil was signing mine and I've been waiting for over a year and a half for it and now been told it could be close to two years.... you hope they reduce the time frame.... Yeah OK!??? I fell better now....:think:

You probably ended up with my guitar!! LOL!!
            Damn! Sniped your Axe.
            Just no respect for Canadians.
            Last edited by Tricky; 03-08-2011, 06:42 PM.
            Models
            The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
            I dont need furniture.
            If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
            If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
            And rock that sucker.

Comment

I think I have been waiting 2 and a half years so far for my Jackson order. Its just a string thru KV2 nothing crazy, I just assumed they forgot about it already.

Edited to add, order placed 8/7/08
              Last edited by AK47; 03-09-2011, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                I think I have been waiting 2 and a half years so far for my Jackson order. Its just a string thru KV2 nothing crazy, I just assumed they forgot about it already.

Edited to add, order placed 8/7/08
                Have you asked the shop you deal with WTF??? 2 and a half years?? As far as I can see, this isn't good business on Fenders part. I don't blame Jackson, they're owned by Fender and are told what to do and when to do it by them.

My buddy told me back in Dec that it was shipping on Feb 28, I called on March3 for an update and was then told it wasn't shipping till June11th. 4 months??
                I know the custom shop is backlogged, and I've been told why. But when you're given a shipping date one tends to think that the item in question is almost ready for shipping. When that date arrives and you're told maybe in another 4 months you probably want to know why!

Comment

I waited 9 months for a bomber Demartini in 2008. Ordered it in feb. And it showed up in october.
                  This space for rent

Comment

There is entirely too much uncertainty in the CS ordering process. Way too many of these stories have appeared in recent years. I don't pretend to have all the answers, but it seems like Jackson needs to do a better job of communicating with its customers during the build process.

From a business perspective, they may think their "customer" is the retail store, but I think it's a bad policy for a custom shop to only communicate with the store and not the end customer. There is just too much possibility for confusion, lack of communication, or even bad faith or lack of effort by certain stores. Jackson ultimately pays the price in reputation for these glitches, even if they're caused by the stores.

I have to wonder if Fender Custom Shop customers are treated the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
                      I have to wonder if Fender Custom Shop customers are treated the same way.
                      No... and that's all I willing to comment on that.

Comment

No... and that's all I willing to comment on that.
                        Oh yeah? Is FCS better or worse?
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                          Oh yeah? Is FCS better or worse?
                          pro-fusion's comment was if Fender custom shop customers were treated differently.
                          I was referring to who gets priority in the Fender corporation and it's not Jackson/Charvel or EVH as far as the custom shop goes! Now do the math.

Comment

Have you asked the shop you deal with WTF??? 2 and a half years?? As far as I can see, this isn't good business on Fenders part. I don't blame Jackson, they're owned by Fender and are told what to do and when to do it by them.
                            It's been 2 and a half years... I actually got my deposit refunded but after over two years of asking for updates I just stopped caring. Last I heard they were still making it but at this point I am no longer upset or angry about it I just don't care anymore.

I did want to order more stuff from the CS but I wont do that now, I cant have money tied up for years on end on a product that may or may not show up. In fact I almost did place a second order while waiting for this one but I did not because I had a bad feeling that I may end up with something I dont want in the end.
                            Last edited by AK47; 03-10-2011, 04:22 AM.

Comment

AK, I'm really sorry to here that. This is what's going to hurt this company in the long run and it gives them a bad reputation.

Comment

AK, I'm really sorry to here that. This is what's going to hurt this company in the long run and it gives them a bad reputation.
                                It's been a mess since Fender took over then they try to straighten things out then it goes back to the same old mess it was before.

I had four orders with Charvel and Jackson since 2004 and here is a run down of how it went...

Charvel custom strathead, neck had bad back bow issues due to highly figured birdseye maple neck, issue was resolved a year after guitar was received in unplayable condition.

Jackson bloodsplatter King V custom, arrived with options I never wanted like a gunstock oil neck and Kahler nut on the headstock. Had to be rebuilt for the correct Floyd nut but dealer would not work with me to get it done right so I lost my deposit.

Jackson digicamo soloist actually had to be rebuilt because of same Kahler nut issue then headstock had to be repainted twice because they kept putting the wrong logo on it.When it was finally done right it was an amazing guitar so I had to place one more order

Jackson white string thru king V custom... so far three rebuilds, two and a half years later... no guitar.

Well there it is, my history with Jackson CS.

Comment

Working...
                                X