No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Avatar images **IMPORTANT**

Yep, the fullsize image of my avatar is 101KB. When it pops up as a little avatar, it's still 101KB. You would think this board software would automatically downsize your avatar pic but nope, if you do a right click, file save, and reopen the file..... it will open to full size.

Comment

Originally posted by GregCrowe:
      Yep, the fullsize image of my avatar is 101KB. When it pops up as a little avatar, it's still 101KB. You would think this board software would automatically downsize your avatar pic but nope, if you do a right click, file save, and reopen the file..... it will open to full size.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The board software can't do that. When it displays it as 60 x 60, it's basically doing it with HTML "width" and "height" tags.

Here you go, Greg. I resized yours and sharpened it for you. Just save this to the location of your choice and point your profile to it:

Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

When the pages are slowed down because of other servers trying to serve an avatar, it will slow the entire page down and causing time-outs etc...

No worries, I've already got another board built with a SQL backend and all ASP. All I need to do is talk to Jeremy about it and we'll go from there... He's not back till Sunday, so you guys will all have to chill for a bit. It's not my decision to do anything even remotely close to this, so....

Pat

Comment

For all you guys experiencing slow spedds, etc. Do me a favor and run a tracert, this will not work on Windows98, only NT, 2000 and XP ( I think XP anyway )

Run a full trace and send it over to me please.

Here are instructions on how to run one: Click here

In those instructions, just use the domain http://www.jcfonline.com

Let me know...

Pat

Comment

Also, another reason this may seem a bit slower is EZBoard was ALL asp based, UBB is ALL cgi based which takes longer to process via server side...

Let me crack some ideas around with a couple of my guys here and see what we can do...

Pat

Comment

test..hmm....

[ November 29, 2002, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: ZeNo ]

Comment

Working...
              X