No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Avatar images **IMPORTANT**

I optimized mine already to 11k... Anything I do now, makes it bigger!! Great...

I'll have to redo it to get it down... For some reason it's at 11ppi and like 8x10 inches... How I did that, I have no idea... Musta been asleep...

Comment

3.8K But it looks a litte distorted?

Comment

There's also an option in your profile if you want to see avatars or not. If the board is running slow for you, disable avatars in your profile. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I just came onto the board with 768kb DSL and it was DEAD SLOW. Damn I can't imagine what a dialup works like on this. My Avatar is now just under 2k.

Comment

I turned off the "Show Pictures" function in my I.E. settings, and it does load faster. It also makes post separation better as you don't have all those little images on top of each post and under each post.

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

how about setting a size limitation instead of just saying reduce the size?
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

A size limitation in which way? .. In the UBB software or allowing members to choose a custom size?.. Thats great but you can still have large sized files even set at 60 X 60. Like I said yesterday I'm on cable and my Avg speed is 2400kbps, I would hate to think how this board runs for someone on dial-up when it's lagging .. Hopefully once the new server is kicked in we will be flying high .. so this may just be a temporary issue ... let's keep our fingers crossed

[ November 29, 2002, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: KMaynard ]
                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Mine is set to 60x60

Comment

I'm at 6k. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

joe...
                    www.godwentpunk.com
                    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Kevin, what I am refering to stating what size you would like them to be in KB so when folks are editing their images they know the max suggested size allowed....theres no automation of...just a guideline so they know what size to make em, thats all.
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

mine is fine ? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Is this better? 56x56.

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Most of the avatars are served from third-party servers. Unless they happen to be many served from the jcfonline.com server (which doesn't seem to be the case), they can't possibly be slowing down your server (though they can explain slow page loading).

Comment

If it's waiting for someones slow "free" hosting provider to get around to sending the gif... It could slow things down a bit I believe. Right? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Yep - that's what I was trying to say above.

Technically it shouldn't slow down the board itself. It will slow down the time it takes for us end users to download the pages, with all the avatar images that are hosted off other servers.

Comment

Working...
                                X