its time to start speculating again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
    They've got it right on the site that it will be the last run in that configuration.

I'm betting they'll still do a "Style 2" but will change up the pickups and/or bridge for something more tele-friendly.
    Don't they already have tons of guitars like that with Fender logos on the headstock?

The way less popular status of the Tele is not because the pickup config or the bridge or the headstock are wrong, it's because the huge majority of Charvel fans are superstrat players. I really think it is that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Chubtone View Post
      Don't they already have tons of guitars like that with Fender logos on the headstock?

The way less popular status of the Tele is not because the pickup config or the bridge or the headstock are wrong, it's because the huge majority of Charvel fans are superstrat players. I really think it is that simple.
      Oh, I agree. But just think how many they would have sold if they made a Jim Root Charvel Tele instead of a Fender Tele. That would have brought in mucho sales.

I'm thinking they'll so something like hardtail, hum-single, maybe with a pickguard.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Quick one here.. the San Dimas Style 2 is going away. You won't see it for quite some time. The third guitar will be a wild card, one of the other platforms with features and configurations that you don't normally see on the USA PMS.

The Polar White San Dimas Style 2 is the last of it's kind. Also, we picked Polar White because it was the most requested color for the Style 2.

Thanks,

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
          Where did you read that? Interesting...
          its from the charvel web site-

"San Dimas®, Style 2 in Polar White will be in stores beginning Friday, July 3. NOTE* THIS IS THE LAST BATCH OF STYLE 2 IN THIS CONFIGURATION!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bionic View Post
            Quick one here.. the San Dimas Style 2 is going away. You won't see it for quite some time. The third guitar will be a wild card, one of the other platforms with features and configurations that you don't normally see on the USA PMS.

The Polar White San Dimas Style 2 is the last of it's kind. Also, we picked Polar White because it was the most requested color for the Style 2.

Thanks,

Mike
            Good stuff - thanks for the update.

I think adding in a "limited" body shape would be a cool change of pace... Can you do it quarterly? I think you'd run out of shapes pretty quick - well, traditional Charvel shapes anyway (star, dinky, V, Explorer).

Oh, unless this means a single pickups SD1 or other configurations. That would be cool.
            Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Bionic View Post

Thanks,

Mike
              I'm thinking maybe, hum/single, floyd rose, pointy headstock

Comment

WOW! Great news Bionic! Thanks for the update.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                  Good stuff - thanks for the update.

I think adding in a "limited" body shape would be a cool change of pace... Can you do it quarterly? I think you'd run out of shapes pretty quick - well, traditional Charvel shapes anyway (star, dinky, V, Explorer).

Oh, unless this means a single pickups SD1 or other configurations. That would be cool.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's talking about the Style 1 and SoCal with different features (i.e. single hum S1, H-S/H-S-S S1 and SoCal, etc).
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by piranhaguy2002a View Post
                    I'm thinking maybe, hum/single, floyd rose, pointy headstock
                    I think they already learned their lessons on pointies.
                    Blank yo!

Comment

Please do a Dinky with 2 hums and vintage trem!!!

P.S. And 24 frets
                      Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                      www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post

P.S. And 24 frets

Wouldn't that be an older SDII RI?
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post

P.S. And 24 frets
                          I can foresee them selling a good 7 or 8 spec'd like that. That number is figuring you are going to buy 3 or 4 of them for yourself.

Comment

the yellow is cool.
                            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by Chubtone View Post
                              I can foresee them selling a good 7 or 8 spec'd like that. That number is figuring you are going to buy 3 or 4 of them for yourself.
                              Yeah, yeah, I know I'm totally in the minority on that one. Nevertheless, I likes what I likes.

And yes, it's just like the '96 San Dimas models, which are awesome.
                              Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                              www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

I hoping that it means that there will be 1 model per quarter with a V-trem.
                                It's just a thing that most of the Charvels from back in the day were fitted with floyds after purchase because Kramer had the FR license.

Probably not going to happen though.
                                Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Working...
                                X