its time to start speculating again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
    Im trying to think what colors they could get out of Pulp Fiction. Maybe if the did reservoir dogs colors. Black white pink blue brown.
    The Pulp Fiction poster has nothing to do with the color scheme at all--they will each have Sam Jackson's jeri curl juice dripping off the strings.

In addition to the Pulp Fiction poster and the Rising Sun stool, there's also an Ed Hardy poster too. I dunno...I can't see what the 3 of them might have to do with anything. I think it's just photos from Bionic's workspace.

I think it's gonna be Yellow Style 1, White Style 2 and Red So Cal judging by the snippet from the video.

It's not that we don't see enough of the guitars...in fact I think it's pretty close to what we saw in the last batch video...the problem with this one is the video quality and color is shitty at best.

Comment

Newcs yellow might even win me over-that's nice, but I'd go without the PG. Maybe zebras on the yellow.

The grey was interesting I thought. Opinions? It's classy and little understated but something not often seen.

I thought the road flare red looked a lot like an Ibanez, but the color is out of the generator so..
      Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
      98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

based on the teaser, I think yellow is in there somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post

I would REALLY love to see the top one. I'd consider a hot pink SD1.

Comment

I think any of the ideas presented in this thread would kill. The marketing guy that came up with these production series Charvels deserves a huge raise - he not only came up with a way to sell product, but also delivered a great product.

Comment

Now I hope it's not a baby blue SD1, I just spent too much money on other stuff today.

Comment

Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
                One for Newc's ongoing obsession with the seasonal theme thing (red so-cal, silver style 2, robin's egg style 1) and one to meet our friend Nick's wishes...

If that blue with cream pups comes up in J/C HQ Bionic, please help get this approved for round 7.
                Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

So when do they announce the new colors???
                  "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

june 17

Comment

far out
                      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by Chubtone View Post
                        I mean, come on Mike, you could have just put Amy in the video for 15 seconds and that would have been enough to distract us for another couple of weeks, until we noticed that your preview gave us no clue what was coming next.

I dunno, 15 seconds of Amy and I can tell you who's coming next :ROTF:

But from the video, I say some form of Yellow (Neon, School Bus/Safety, Pagan Gold), some form of Red (Pearl/Metallic/Candy, Ferrari, Fire Engine, etc), and some form of White (Snow, Pearl, Polar, etc).

I know a bit about how colors darken in low light and compressed video :wink: and I know that detail such as specific color class (i.e. candy/pearl/dayglo) is therefore muted, but I'm confident that there will be a reddish, a yellowish, and a whitish

The visual "clues" (Pulp Fiction and the stool) are simple - Blood Red and Sun Yellow - the colors of Summer (along with the White from sandy beaches and perfect SoCal surfing waves)

Red SoCal (since red has been used on the S1 and S2)
                        Yellow S1 (to match the Slimer)
                        White S2 (to increase S2 sales)

And this time if I'm right, I want a damn Charvel t-shirt
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah a white SD2 would be cool.

Still wouldn't buy it cause its a tele, though...
                          -------------------------
                          Blank yo!

Comment

Red SoCal (since red has been used on the S1 and S2)
                            Yellow S1 (to match the Slimer)
                            White S2 (to increase S2 sales)

And this time if I'm right, I want a damn Charvel t-shirt
                            Come on Newc, a few of us beat you to it this time around!

But I think that makes at least 3 of us calling that combination. Seven more days til we find out for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
                              Come on Newc, a few of us beat you to it this time around!

But I think that makes at least 3 of us calling that combination. Seven more days til we find out for sure.

Yeah, but I provided a logical argument

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah, but I provided a logical argument

Okay...I get Sun Yellow and White Beaches, but...

Exactly where does Blood Red become a logical argument for a summer color? :think:

Is there more blood shed during the summer months?

Comment

Working...
                                X