No announcement yet.

USA Production Series Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have an alternative explanation for the music 'dying'....

.....we all grew up!

I don't mean out of the music but in to careers, family and the stress that comes with the responsibility. It's simply that the next generation came in and got in to their grunge or new metal or new punk. Funny thing is I like your Nirvana, your Linkin Park and your Green Day and I bought some of the 'classic' albums from these genres but I don't go mad buying everything because it's not my era. I've never stopped liking our music. It's what I always go back to and more so these days. I've still got all my tapes and vinyl but the changes in technology make it less convenient to flip it on so I re-buy many of my faves on CD.
    Guess what though......HM is back with the advent of our mid life crises. They're all reforming and touring again. Another thing. 'Guitar Hero' helps- it's getting the youngsters in to all those classic rock songs.

And guess what else is coming back in....

......The Superstrat!
    Last edited by alanhindle; 04-25-2009, 05:11 AM.

Comment

• Just got my plum SoCal yesterday. And had a blue SD1 before that one. Both very cool guitars, and great bang for the buck.

Comment

• Originally posted by alanhindle View Post
        ......The Superstrat!
        Oh yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah
        Dave

Comment

• Nice thread... And nice guitars! Played 4 various models of the new Charvel. I WANT ONE!!! Sorry for shouting! These guitars are simply well built and offer the basics of what us, guitar players" one. No fuss, no gimmicks just rock!

NewC, are those pics from all the Charvel you own? If yes, you could at least donate one!
          JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
          Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Guess what though......HM is back with the advent of our mid life crises. They're all reforming and touring again. Another thing. 'Guitar Hero' helps- it's getting the youngsters in to all those classic rock songs.

......The Superstrat!
            I'm not in to the guitar games myself, but whether they are a sign of recovery, the cure, or a little of both, it's good to see that what developed is the antithesis of what was predicted by so many merely 15 or so years ago: The death of the electric guitar. At the height of the electronica age, all of the hip magazines predicted the death of the rock guitar player.

The rumors of our deaths were greatly exaggerated.

Comment

......The Superstrat!
              And thank God - I was really tired of playing Gibsons and strats with single coils!
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Another thing. 'Guitar Hero' helps- it's getting the youngsters in to all those classic rock songs.

......The Superstrat!
                As much as I hate the guitar/band video games, I absolutely have to agree with you here. It is getting the kids of today listening to REAL music...GOOD music...not the shit that kids have been listening to for the last several years.

Go to video clips of great 80's bands on youtube...there are comments on those clips like "I'm only 12 and this music is awesome...I wish I was a kid in the 80's!"

Case in point, my band was playing at a wedding reception/party a few months ago...there were 2 twin boys, probably about 7 or 8 that kept begging us to play AC/DC!

And...oh yeah...the Superstrat is back brother!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sold off my ESPs with EMGs and bought 4 Charvels! I stopped playing today's rock/metal and went back to my roots! And I gotta say, I'm enjoying it SOOO much more!

Comment

• I wish Fender would allow Jackson to license the name for GH/RB controller.
                  Or, how about a Frankie controller for GH- Van Halen.
                  Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                    I wish Fender would allow Jackson to license the name for GH/RB controller.
                    Or, how about a Frankie controller for GH- Van Halen.
                    No way... We'd never hear the end of how the Wayne and Grover era GH/RB controllers were far superior to the modern Fendvel Production Series.

And a Frankie GH/RB controller would cost like $2k.

Comment

• At least RB has Jacksons in-game. My toon has a yellow Warrior and trans green double-neck KV
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

• Originally posted by jet66 View Post
                        No way... We'd never hear the end of how the Wayne and Grover era GH/RB controllers were far superior to the modern Fendvel Production Series.

And a Frankie GH/RB controller would cost like $2k.
                        Lmao... Probably very true though :ROTF:
                        Don

Comment

• Originally posted by Newc View Post
                          At least RB has Jacksons in-game. My toon has a yellow Warrior and trans green double-neck KV
                          I use a Trans Black Kelly for my guy
                          Don

Comment

• Sadly, the WRXT looked better than the WR-1 in the game
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

• Thanks you Newc, for starting this thread. More p0rn please?
                              '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                              '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                              '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
                              '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
                              '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                              '13 Gibson M-III
                              Taylor 214CE
                              Dean 6-string Bass
                              Morgan Ukulele

Comment

• Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                                Thus the answer to your question from before.

Coverdale usually marks the moment when something jumps the shark.
                                Deep Purple, the entire Power Metal (pop metal) genre, Tawney Kitaen,etc etc..

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy Whitesnake's 80's work but still think Dave is a wanker.
                                Haven't checked in for awhile. I would make the case that Glenn Hughes is more than Coverdale.................Unlike Coverdale Ted never deep-sixed his own show..

and I think a shark is about the only thing Tawny didn't "jump".
                                Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
                                98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Working...
                                X