• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't see pic in above post :think:
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

• I am new to the forum, been lurking for a while and couldn't post anyway, well I got that fixed finally and would like to post pics of my 3 Charvel USA Production Series guitars. I love these things and have really renewed my interest in playing guitar because of them, they are like my teenage dream come true, Warren DeMartiini and EVH are my fave guitarists and i always wanted a Strat head. Now i can have them and not have to pay a fortune. They may not be like the old ones and they may not be as good as the Custom Shop but I think they rock They amaze me for the amount of kick-ass guitar per dollar.
      Last edited by jmsaxon69; 05-02-2009, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• The black one has just received a GuitarForce Erupter EVH "inspired" humbucker and a Duncan Jazz, tuned to Eb with a dropped Db. The Green one as a EVH Frankenstein Replica(non-relic) in the bridge with the stock de-logo'd Duncan '59, tuned to Eb. The White one has a Duncan Screamin' Demon in the bridge with the stock '59 in the neck position, standard tuning.

Last edited by jmsaxon69; 05-02-2009, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• Kudos to the new guy for getting this thread back on track!

Nice axes there saxon. I have 4 productions now myself. Like you, it was always a dream of mine to own a Charvel. I could never afford a CS...well, I could, but I wouldn't want to take it out gigging, so these are absolutely perfect for me. Plus, they are inexpensive enough that you can mod/hot-rod them yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by BenoA View Post
            Can't see pic in above post :think:
            Yeah, my bad, I'll try again:

Ratt & Roll

Comment

• Thanks for the compliment on the Charvels, I also had 4, until last week. I sold my Tangerine SoCal, I just never fell in love with it and the black one came to me on a real good deal, so one had to go. I like the San Dimas models better it seems, I do kinda like the Candy Plum though! My imediate plan is to get the Candy Blue SD and put chrome hardware with creme pickups and rings on it. I think that would look sweet! Pickups so far are maybe going to be the DiMarzio Mo Joe and PAF Joe pickups, if that's what i am hearing on the new Chickenfoot stuff, they sound great.

Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
              Kudos to the new guy for getting this thread back on track!

Nice axes there saxon. I have 4 productions now myself. Like you, it was always a dream of mine to own a Charvel. I could never afford a CS...well, I could, but I wouldn't want to take it out gigging, so these are absolutely perfect for me. Plus, they are inexpensive enough that you can mod/hot-rod them yourself.

Comment

• Chrome rings with zebras will look stunning on the blue. I was thinking about doing the same thing a few months back. Hopefully you like the Mo Joe better than I did. I swapped it out fairly quickly for an Air Norton. I never tried the PAF Joe, but the 36th Anniversary PAF is absolutely killer. I'm working on a candy purple SD-2 right now...putting the Steve Morse set in reverse zebras in that one.

Comment

• Interesting idea on the chrome rings, Hell, I think those two pickups come in chrome as well, that'd be cool too maybe? What didn't you like about the Mo Joe? What guitar was it in?

Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
                  Chrome rings with zebras will look stunning on the blue. I was thinking about doing the same thing a few months back. Hopefully you like the Mo Joe better than I did. I swapped it out fairly quickly for an Air Norton. I never tried the PAF Joe, but the 36th Anniversary PAF is absolutely killer. I'm working on a candy purple SD-2 right now...putting the Steve Morse set in reverse zebras in that one.

Comment

• Why not just get a Ibanez JS model? I think those things sound killer - the body is just really, really small for me.
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                      Why not just get a Ibanez JS model? I think those things sound killer - the body is just really, really small for me.
                      (a) because it's an Ibanez
                      (b) because it's not a Charvel

I agree the bodies are too small...I used to have a 540R back in the day, which is basically what the JS is now.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmsaxon69 View Post
                        What didn't you like about the Mo Joe? What guitar was it in?
                        I think it was a little too balanced for my taste...was weak in the mids and lows. I had it in a So Cal. I'm actually swapping the Air Norton out of there too...the Air Norton sounds great in the SD1, but I don't like it as much in the So Cal. I think it's just that guitar. I'm going to try a Steve's Special in it...I know that pickup is essentially mid-scooped, but it supposedly sounds good if the mids in your amp are boosted. I already know that the Air Zone sounds good in a So Cal, so I can always go back to that if I don't like the Steve's Special.

Comment

• Another noob here with some Production Series love... Long-time player of Charvels and Jacksons back to the 80's and though I still love my pointy-headstock Jacksons (Fusion HH and a trans blue "Sam Ash" Soloist 2H) I was itching for a Strat-head guitar with a Floyd, something not so fancy I would want to seal it in glass like a trophy, but a good playing and sounding guitar.

So after reading this thread (and the "what corners were cut" thread) I decided to try one out at a local shop. They had the white/creme/chrome SD style 1 on display and I had to have it! Liked it so much I had the guy dig out it's black twin from the overstock in back.

These are not trophies or show-pony guitars, they get the job done and do it well, and they're not something I'd be crushed if I put a little scratch in it like my Jacksons, but a couple of minutes adjusting the action (it was much higher than necessary) and they both play great.

Comment

• My only complaint with these guitars is the body side truss rod.
                            I work at a Charvel dealer and have played them all.
                            These guitars play great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Shreddy View Post
                              Yeah, my bad, I'll try again:

Those pics are beautiful! I love the finish on the Tangerine, it almost looks like molten metal or copper or something....I think I miss mine already:think:

Comment

• just got my candy plum so cal last friday, put in a couple of series/parallel switches.

Comment

Working...
                                X