No announcement yet.

USA Production Series Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to what I read literally like 2 days ago, on Charvels website, It appears the white is sold out.
    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
      I suggest you ease up on the coffee, boy!

I'd be willing to bet that the ferrari red will be the next or very soon color on the SD1 or whatever replaces the SD2. So patience, grasshopper.

Also - Dave Murray used to play a Jackson strat that was red with a black pickguard - very cool.

And - don't discount the Dimarzios - they rip. I put Dimarzio's in my SD1.

There are still plenty of NOS red SD1s from the first batch on Ebay.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Newc View Post
        There are still plenty of NOS red SD1s from the first batch on Ebay.

Yeah but those are candy red. I'm not a big fan of candy colors at all.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

I suggest you ease up on the coffee, boy!

I'd be willing to bet that the ferrari red will be the next or very soon color on the SD1 or whatever replaces the SD2. So patience, grasshopper.

Also - Dave Murray used to play a Jackson strat that was red with a black pickguard - very cool.

And - don't discount the Dimarzios - they rip. I put Dimarzio's in my SD1.
          dont get me wrong the ferrari red so-cal looks sweet, just i'd prefere it on the sd1 so much more
          i liked dimarzios in my ibanez guitars, but never found a good dimarzio suitable for my charvels
          i use a duncan alnico pro II in my model 1, sounds killer!
          also..im going for more of a steve vai look with the charvel, like the ones he uses in crossroads! minus the pointy head of course..although that would be cool too

Comment

• The one Vai used in Crossroads was Candy Apple Red, same as the SD1.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Newc View Post
              The one Vai used in Crossroads was Candy Apple Red, same as the SD1.
              No it wasn't. I used to think this, too. But if you look at the video closely - and slow down some frames - you can see that it's actually a Candy Red Sparkle finish. That's a BIG difference - the metalfalke in sparkle finishes is HUGE compared to CAR. Think 70s bowling balls. I hear it's a lot more difficult to paint well, too. CAR is tame compared to Sparkle Red.

The Music Zoo has done a few replicas of Via's Crossroads guitar. You can see the finish here:

http://www.themusiczoo.com/jackson/J...le_XN8448.html

Comment

• Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                you can see that it's actually a Candy Red Sparkle finish.
                Yeah, but CAR will get you close enough for government work.
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

• to be honest i think ferrari red looks way better than the sparkle reds!

Comment

• I own 2 & plan on buying a 3rd when the new batch is released! I love mine! I added a Big Brass trem. block to both of mine & a trem. stop that I purchased from www.floydroseupgrades.com & added a EVH D tuna on both + a little setup work to get things to my likings. Here are mine before the mods. :

Comment

How about a Kahler appreciation thread????

Recorded all the leads on our latest cd with a white model 5 that had a Kahler. Played so good I am having a Kahler put on my new Mammoth custom V.

Comment

• Oh yeah, I played one of the new orange Charvels at the local Sam Ash for about an hour and it was smoking sick! Great guitar and I definitely plan on getting one.

Comment

• I've got the slime green San Dimas 1, and I can say honestly that it is the best super-Strat guitar I've ever owned. I had my share of Kramer, Ibanez and Jackson guitars back in the day, and this one, out of the box, tops them all.
                          Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

• First time posting...

Bought this beauty last week from a small dealer in Tarpon Springs, FL. The springs on the Floyd were rubbing against the rear edge of the cavity, and since he doesn't do repairs, he gave me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Having another store set it up and add the heavier brass block, even so I'll still be into it for far less than list.

Thanks for letting me chime in, great forum you have here...

Comment

• Well I guess this as good a place as any to post these...

Here's my "white SD1"

-Replacement body courtesy of E-bay
                              -Fret level, crown & dress courtesy of yours truly
                              -Gold OFR, Schallers, & other hardware
                              -Ivory EMG 89B/85N

This thing plays like a champ now, it's my main player. This picture does not come close to doing justice to the beauty of the Candy Blue paint in person.

And, here's my black SD1:

-Gold OFR, Schallers, and other hardware
                              -Black EMG 89B/85N

Comment

• Sweet axe Heavy Dupree! Welcome to where the cool kids hang out.

Comment

Working...
                                X