No announcement yet.

USA Production Series Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I paid 650 for my tang socal and 685 for a black style one. There are deals out there.

Comment

• I kinda had an idea....... I was thinking of getting one used, and doing a tiger stripe paint job on it. I work at a place with a paint shop so I could have one of the guys spray it after work for a reasonable price. but.....man, I just cant bring myself to paint a perfectly good guitar. I have always wanted a tiger striped guitar, but I dont know if I would get tired of it. so I dont want to sink alot into a USA jackson bengal and get sick of it. I dont know. I am just thinking out loud I guess. If I landed a yellow or white one, I might be inclined to throw some tiger stripes on it. MIGHT. but I could never bring myself to repaint the candy red or candy blue. they are just too nice looking.
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

• Damn, tonemonster, I just looked up "wishy-washy" in the dictionary, and there was your picture! Hahahahaha J/k bro, I like how you think, I would like to pick one of these up for 6 or 7 bills also!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• Great minds think alike Ron.

Comment

• Well, I got a chance to play a new charvel yesterday. I really liked it. alot. the neck was very nice. of course it felt "new", but it was finished very nicely. good craftsmanship in it. I want to pick one up, but I want to get a used one as I have a plan. I think I am going to do a lynch tiger paint job on it. so a yellow or black one would be ideal as I would only have to spray one color and then clear coat it. but any color would do if the price was right. I am goign to start scanning ebay.

Comment

• Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
              Well, I got a chance to play a new charvel yesterday. I really liked it. alot. the neck was very nice. of course it felt "new", but it was finished very nicely. good craftsmanship in it. I want to pick one up, but I want to get a used one as I have a plan. I think I am going to do a lynch tiger paint job on it. so a yellow or black one would be ideal as I would only have to spray one color and then clear coat it. but any color would do if the price was right. I am goign to start scanning ebay.
              I'm putting my two SoCals up on ebay in one Auction. Here's the deal. I'm selling one and keeping one. I'll put them both up in one auction and the winner gets their choice, Candy Tang or Candy Green. Coming to ebay later today.

And yeah I see them go regularly between $700 and $800 on ebay.

Comment

• I'm betting you keep the green.

Comment

• Originally posted by waylay00 View Post
                  I'm betting you keep the green.
                  Yeah I think you're right. The green one is actually a better player in my hands. If I keep that one I will lose the Dtuna and put a white pickguard on it.

Comment

• I definitely like the tang better of those two.
                    Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                    www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

• cool, but I am not into pick gaurds. I want a style 1.

BUT, if they offered the so cal in chrome hardware, I would buy one paint it seafoam green and throw a white pearloid pickgaurd on it with white duncans. oh yea. I am such a high maintanence bitch.

Comment

• Man, I have to say......I am really confused. I know I am going to get one of these USA's and I am totally up in the air as to what color to get. man.... there are so many good options. White, Candy Blue, Candy Red, Yellow Taxi......

I was originally going to paint it to do a tiger stripe, but man, I dont know. they are all such nice colors!!!! It would hurt me to start sanding that perfect finish!!!!!!!

and I dont know if I would get sick of the tiger stripe. or should I do some hot rod flames instead.......or should I just leave the damn thing alone???

damn........I am confused. too many options.

what do I do here???

Comment

there are so many good options. White, Candy Blue, Candy Red, Yellow Taxi......
                          Fuck all that color shit - you want black:

-------------------------
                          Blank yo!

Comment

• what the hell is that bowl on the left side of the picture???? and what kind of tree is that?

Comment

• I think black is OK, but its never been a color I like on guitars for some reason. its just not my style.

Comment

what the hell is that bowl on the left side of the picture???? and what kind of tree is that?
                                A - its actually the top of an old brass or copper fire extinguisher that's been turned into a makeshift ashtray of sorts.

B - No fuggin' clue.
                                -------------------------
                                Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                                X