Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4th Batch - What Do You Think the "Twist" Is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They better not change the knob - I love it!
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Comment

WOW - I need the white one - I need it now!!!
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
          EVH didn't invent the one pickup guitar, so I don't really understand why there is so much swirl over that.
          That's not the intent (to give credit to Ed for anything) but only that Ed is notorious for wanting all of his stuff to be unique to him and he wants to be paid for everything. It is quite conceivable that one condition (besides money) ed may have had in doing the Art Series was that there would be no other one hum "production" Charvels. Some of us are theorizing that it must be the case since apparently none have been made other than the EVH's. Admittedly it has some conspiracy theory to it, but why else whould Charvel not make something that would sell? Doesn't have to be slanted either.
          Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
          98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

I'm seeing White in my future
            Don

Comment

So it's chrome that I guess is the big twist..............LOL.
              Last edited by 85 San Dimas; 03-15-2009, 02:38 AM.
              Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
              98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

delete
                Last edited by metalhobo; 03-15-2009, 02:41 AM.

Comment

WOOHOO! I had it right

Historically, one-hum Stratheads don't sell unless they meet at least 1 of 2 important criteria:
                  1. They have to have EVH paintjobs from the factory that match his original or were done by Ed himself just like he did his originals
                  2. They have to be one of the base colors to make an EVH (gloss black, yellow, white, or red).
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The white one is in my future too...let's see, replace Floyd, machine heads, pickup surrounds, pickups, volume knob, lock nut, tension bar, strap buttons and input jack plate...or buy the black one and paint it white.

Comment

The only "twists" we didn't mention were "Oliver" and "Lemon"
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Not quite as dramatic as I expected for a twist. It looks good, though.

Comment

i love the zebras on the white one
                          Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                          Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

That white w/chrome and zebras looks f**kin' fantastic. It's got a cool vintage-ish vibe going for it. Nice spec choices on that one.

I'm still going to stick with a purple SoCal, though. And I've got a few mods in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                              WOOHOO! I had it right

Historically, one-hum Stratheads don't sell unless they meet at least 1 of 2 important criteria:
                              1. They have to have EVH paintjobs from the factory that match his original or were done by Ed himself just like he did his originals
                              2. They have to be one of the base colors to make an EVH (gloss black, yellow, white, or red).
                              if there was one,with either a pickguard or without one,i would paint it bright purple just to be diffrent

Comment

Is it me or is the white one just screaming out for black hardware.

I guess I like a little contrast between the color of the guitar and the hardware.

I like the white color and the zebra pups though.
                                Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X