Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4th Batch - What Do You Think the "Twist" Is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
    What if its an actual "twist?" Are there any pickups out there called a "Twister?"
    Or maybe Swirls? Tangerine Swirl, Purple Swirl, White Pearl Swirl?

God, I hope not.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Maybe they come with pre-twisted necks. You get all that "old guitar left leaning up against a 4x12 for 30 years" mojo baked right in!
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Maybe something without a floyd!!!
        RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
        CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
        Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
        Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Originally posted by Dogbone View Post
          It would be pretty easy to make a EVH art series out of a one hum Charvel. That would be my guess on it
          i dont get why it would be a problem-Gibson is making the Kramer 1984 which is almost an exact replica of hes 5150 Kramer.

Comment

ummm.....I know I am going to sound dumb here but.... 4th batch of what? what twist?
            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Duh.....Sorry. The Charvel production models. I get it.
              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                Notice I didn't say people who "hate" black guitars - which you clearly do. That's OK - I hate guitars with ridiculous flame and quilt tops.

But like you said - you can change a black guitar to something you like by adding a graphic - you can't do the same with a maple fretboard.

Not trying to pick a fight with you, bro. Notice that I never said I hated black guitars. I said I love white ones - I just prefer white or some other color instead of black. There are a handful of black guitars that I like but I would probably never own one. Similarly, I prefer maple over rosewood but I have have both. I think the color of the guitar is on the same level as the wood of the fingerboard - people don't generally settle (unless for financial reasons or limitations on the availability of certain specs). So that's why they have menus at restaurants - everyone has different tastes and the order what they want.

Comment

I know it is not on the list,but maybe chrome hardware?

Comment

Originally posted by RandomFan View Post
                    i dont get why it would be a problem-Gibson is making the Kramer 1984 which is almost an exact replica of hes 5150 Kramer.
                    Well, Kramer probably inked a deal with Ed just like Jackson did for the EVH models.

However, part of that deal may have been that Jackson/Charvel can't do a one-hum maple-boarded Strathead except as a Custom Shop run for the very reason that most people would turn them into EVH copies and therefore sell them for tons on Ebay, effectively cutting EVH out of the pie.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bionic View Post
                      ??
                      Bionic you're the guy that said one hum was decided against because FMIC is trying to keep them inexpensive to produce. Keeping it simple.
                      All that had to be changed was the pickguard and eliminate a pickup.
                      There's only one reason for FMIC to take that position when we all know they would sell. If thats the twist then i think that's great.

BTW, where do I sign up for a factory tour? I'm going to be out there in a month or so and I'd love to check it all out. I think that would be cool., and is there swag you get at the end of the tour or anything?
                      Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
                      98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

I don't know what the twist is, but here are my thoughts on some of the ideas presented. I wouldn't think matching headstock colors simply because now you have attached certain necks to certain guitars. Someone has to keep track of how many bodies and necks of certain colors were made. Also, if something happens now you have an extra body or neck of one color. Easy fix to change the color but more time and effort leading to more expensive. Same idea with a rosewood board. There are extra processes involved in creating a rosewood fretboard neck - not harder, but a little more time consuming. Once again, adding cost to an inexpensive high quality guitar. I'll be interested to see what the twist is.

It will probably be matching headstocks and rosewood fretboards and you can all kick me in the ass for my comments!!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                          most people would turn them into EVH copies and therefore sell them for tons on Ebay, effectively cutting EVH out of the pie.
                          Very little chance of that happening. Even if you bought a replica EVH from a yard sale, EVH's lawyers and Ebay don't care. They will remove the listing. You usually have a couple of hours on Ebay before the EVH police remove your listing.

Comment

I went with the 1H thing. Get people to pay more....for less! That is soooo Fender. What I'd like to see is a pointy headstock on the tele, though.

Comment

A pointy...

I don't think white would be a twist, that's a colour they're holding back on and a colour I'd go into (more) debt for and they know it. Could be rosewood boards and snowdrift inlays...?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
                                Not trying to pick a fight with you, bro. Notice that I never said I hated black guitars. I said I love white ones - I just prefer white or some other color instead of black. There are a handful of black guitars that I like but I would probably never own one. Similarly, I prefer maple over rosewood but I have have both. I think the color of the guitar is on the same level as the wood of the fingerboard - people don't generally settle (unless for financial reasons or limitations on the availability of certain specs). So that's why they have menus at restaurants - everyone has different tastes and the order what they want.
                                No no. No fight mAn. I'm of the opinion that color is generally secondary but wood is not. So all things being equal, you buy the one that plays and sounds the best regardless of color. That's how I ended up with my black San dimas instead of the candy red or blue. The black sounded and played the best.
                                -------------------------
                                Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                                X