Pro-Mod Confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Newc View Post
    Everyone cried for USA-built Strathead Charvels and you got them. Then everyone cried for Japan-built Charvels and you got them, but lost the USA models. .
    I guess I missed everyone (other than the Accounting Dept. at FMIC) demanding production be moved to Japan. I don't care, but I guess I missed that. Look, FMIC needed production space for the Strat Specials and the Charvies got farmed out so they could cost-cut both lines. I understand it. besides, the dealers had all they wanted of them.

And EVERYONE should be aware that J/C are NOT going back to making USA-quality guitars in Japan and pricing them at half the USA MSRP AND making the same model in a USA counterpart, so shut the fuck up about "I want this" and "I want that", because what you ultimately want is a superbly crafted guitar without paying for it.

No one here has the right to bitch because you've all gotten exactly the Charvels you wanted.
    Actually I would disagree,a nd I don't see where anyone lost anything as long as the CS is open. I haven't seen an overbearing unwillingness to pay, except for people who bought 5 Pro-Mods. But, I will say that people who bought 5 Pro-Mods were A HELLUVA LOT SMARTER than the CS-buyers weren't they? They can actually sell theirs. FMIC undercut its own CS with the Pro-Mods and then everyone jumped in and said they're "real" (whatever that is this week). So why would a 3K CS hold it's value? How can you sell it used? Can't. There' proof all over the place.

Fender building Charvels is like Chevrolet building an S-Class Mercedes. Uh, I don't think so.
    They've destroyed Hamer with their collective brilliance. Jackson has a tough road back and Charvel is back to Japan. Yeah, they're a lot smarter than me.

FMIC tried to sell the idea that the Pro-Mod is real and enough uneducated buyers bought into it in the following way...."why would I pay 2K for a used CS Charvel when I can get a Pro-Mod for $650?" That's why I argued damned near 2 years ago what I argued. That FMIC was destroying the marketability of the CS guitars. If you bought the Fiesta Red Road Whore Relic for $2999 try sellling it............FMIC conned the CS buyer out of his money. Great guitar but lousy for resale. I'm not paying 3K or 2K. I'll pay 4K and buy something they haven't built in 29 years that has a Strathead on it and Linn cut the body for.

Remember: It ain't rare if you've ever seen one, and this "Limited Ed" guys sure builds as lot of guitars.

Having said all of that I have no problem with FMIC building these in Japan. At least it says "Made In Japan" on it so no one can lie and say that they're the same as the CS but CNC built. I just wonder how many of Bionics "real Charvel employees" that built the Pro-Mods moved to Japan so that these can be built? That should be an interesting explanation.
    Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
    98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Originally posted by 85 San Dimas View Post
      If we knew the absolute truth its probably FMIC anyway. Bionic "is" Stratosphere. Not saying that he is, but I damned sure wouldn't be surprised if it was. Either that or the GC parts warehouse.

it's where all the guitars that the 15 year olds destroy in the store go to be resold.
      Not unless Bionic's name is Matthew Gibson.

Comment

I got a Japan-made ProMod neck from that ReliableFender on Ebay (didn't look close enough - thought it was a USA at a decent price for a change ) and bolted it onto my Candy Green SoCal body (the one whose neck was the first one to go on Ebay ).

I have to say, I like the Japan-made neck better.

As for the store setup, that's a factory setup which is an average of the ideals at each end of the spectrum. It's a starting point for each player to tailor to their liking - raise it up or drop it down. Stores cannot and should not set up every guitar for super low shredding any more than they should set it up for EVH's preferred mile-high action or SRV using 13s.

I've got mine set up for ultra-low action and it's smooth as silk, so there's no problem getting it to shred.

Everyone cried for USA-built Strathead Charvels and you got them. Then everyone cried for Japan-built Charvels and you got them, but lost the USA models.
        And EVERYONE should be aware that J/C are NOT going back to making USA-quality guitars in Japan and pricing them at half the USA MSRP AND making the same model in a USA counterpart, so shut the fuck up about "I want this" and "I want that", because what you ultimately want is a superbly crafted guitar without paying for it.

No one here has the right to bitch because you've all gotten exactly the Charvels you wanted.
        To be honest, I got one, but I would like to see Charvel USA as a permanent fixture.
        I like EL34s.

Comment

Ah, nostalgia. Remember when everyone was fired up for USA made Charvel production models? Good stuff.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
          X