• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jap pro mod
    Addicted to that Rush..

Comment

Originally posted by pott View Post
      Expensive pro-mod and well priced pro-mod to me. Where they're made makes absolutely no difference to me until I can at least play them and compare. Since I've played neither, I know which one I'll buy, and it won't be the 'real' one... I'd be much more tempted to boycott the US ones if anything!
      Once you loose your job and livelyhood a couple times because it went overseas you won't be so quick to boycott anything "made in USA". I personally would pay a little more to keep my fellow Americans employed, but that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
        Once you loose your job and livelyhood a couple times because it went overseas you won't be so quick to boycott anything "made in USA". I personally would pay a little more to keep my fellow Americans employed, but that's just me.
        pott's in France or Belgium. I've thought of some things to say but kept my mouth shut, like if it wasn't for America, he'd be speaking German now. How many wars did we have to save their sorry asses from? I degress....

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
          Should we then just call all jackson soloists soloists instead of calling them sl1 and sl3 for the usa and japanese versions?
          I much prefer that. I hate all these letters and numbers people use to describe their stuff. SL1FMTFRTMAH and all that crap.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            pott's in France or Belgium. I've thought of some things to say but kept my mouth shut, like if it wasn't for America, he'd be speaking German now. How many wars did we have to save their sorry asses from? I degress....
            Oh, that explains it I guess. Either way, there's no use knocking the "made in USA" guitars in the USA Charvels thread.

I'm just saying.....

Comment

I'm in Luxembourg :P All my point is that to us foreigners, the whole made in USA tag doesn't carry as much meaning as to Americans, I didn't mean any disrespect. If you want to play the whole wars thing though, you'd still be British without the French and it's hard to go much further in the past than that...

Either way, I'm happy the prices went down. I wouldn't have been ok paying 1,000 euros for the USA ones but I'm more than glad getting one at their current price.
              Oh my main guitar is a US Strat and I have 3 model series too... definitely nothing against USA made guitars if the price is right

Comment

you'd still be British without the French

Comment

Slight change of subject, I can't believe that the Stratosphere on ebay is already stripping and selling the Pro Mod MIJ's as parts............

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-Charvel-So-...item2eb0cb5a55
                  Charvel CST 060 1992
                  Charvel CST 070 1992
                  Charvel CDS 090 1993
                  Gibson Les Paul Standard 1993
                  Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
                  Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013
                  Gibson Les Paul Classic 1999
                  Duesenberg 49er 2012
                  Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
                  Duesenberg Starcaster 2006
                  History TH-LS Limited 2009
                  History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

Originally posted by THOMO View Post
                    Slight change of subject, I can't believe that the Stratosphere on ebay is already stripping and selling the Pro Mod MIJ's as parts............

Already?

Would you believe he had them for sale before most stores had them? Like, weeks ago?

Comment

I'm in Luxembourg :P All my point is that to us foreigners, the whole made in USA tag doesn't carry as much meaning as to Americans, I didn't mean any disrespect. If you want to play the whole wars thing though, you'd still be British without the French and it's hard to go much further in the past than that...

Either way, I'm happy the prices went down. I wouldn't have been ok paying 1,000 euros for the USA ones but I'm more than glad getting one at their current price.
                      Oh my main guitar is a US Strat and I have 3 model series too... definitely nothing against USA made guitars if the price is right
                      Everythings cool. I tell you what's funny, is we all keep going back and forth about where Charvels are made and what qualifies as a "real" Charvel. If we want to get technical there really hasn't been a "real" Charvel since Wayne left the plant and sold his name to Grover in the late 70's. I just got that book "What's In A Name" about Wayne Charvel and Charvel guitars. I've been reading in it alot and it really seems to me that Grover pulled the rug out from under Wayne. The more I read the more I don't care for Grover at all... I'd like to hear his version of the story just for comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by THOMO View Post

Yup, hes been ripping those poor things apart for about a month now. Its obvious that hes a J/C dealer, and personally I think his dealer license should be revoked. Great guitars shouldnt be treated that way... but thats just me...
                        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
                          I just got that book "What's In A Name" about Wayne Charvel and Charvel guitars. I've been reading in it alot and it really seems to me that Grover pulled the rug out from under Wayne. The more I read the more I don't care for Grover at all... I'd like to hear his version of the story just for comparison.
                          Is that the one where Wayne talks about building all the famous Charvel guitars years after he sold the company to Grover?
                          -------------------------
                          Blank yo!

Comment

I haven't gotten to that part yet if that's in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                              Is that the one where Wayne talks about building all the famous Charvel guitars years after he sold the company to Grover?
                              Finished the book and this is the one. I'm not for sure how I feel about it after reading it....

Comment

To try keep an objective view on things, you should look up Grover interviews and comments on the internet, where he addresses the Wayne issues. There are a few, but unfortunately I haven't saved the links. His comments may give you a different / more balanced view on who did what, why and to whom. I'll post back if I find links.
                                Henrik
                                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
                                X