An end to a potential feud?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markD View Post
    i haven't heard any slayer since "south of heaven" - do they still make noisy, out-of-key "solos"?
    Yes..

It's Slayer..

Of course I have to be in the "Slayer mood"..which is few and somewhat far between. But it's quite satifying when you are in the mood. Kinda like the bi-annual slider from White Castle ..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

so hold on, there's a megadeth slayer fued? Anyone know about what?

I'm actually kind of thinking Testament because I remember when they toured together way back when Dave went off on Testament for stealing their style of drum riser.. Cause god knows no one else ever came up with a raise platform for a drummer.. oh wait Kiss in the 70's.. yeah.. anyway

I think Dave says stuff like this just for the word of mouth it gets. I personally wish the guy would just shut up and rock.
      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post

I'm actually kind of thinking Testament because I remember when they toured together way back when Dave went off on Testament for stealing their style of drum riser.. Cause god knows no one else ever came up with a raise platform for a drummer.. oh wait Kiss in the 70's.. yeah.. anyway

I think Dave says stuff like this just for the word of mouth it gets. I personally wish the guy would just shut up and rock.
        Megadeth and Testament are supporting Judas Priest on tour in Europe right now. So it can't be that.

Comment

Originally posted by tooslowhand View Post
          I love Slayer dearly but I probably wouldn't be that excited about this... I don't know why. They still do make those solos... OT I always thought their solos, however noisy were key to their sound. It's what I imagine a war zone would sound like... unsettling, notes coming like bullets from every direction (scale) with no clue where the next one could come from...
          Ha ha, that's a good way to describe it. For me, Slayer is like Metallica, cool before a certain point (Let's say, oh, 1995), sucky after.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Dred View Post
            SSSLLLAAAAYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOORRRRHH!

HU D FCK R U TO CRITIZIZE SLLLLAAAYYYOOORRR?!! SLAYER IZ D SHIT U EMO FAGG!!!1!!1z1

Seriously, I cannot agree more. However, the only thing annoying more than Slayer is the whole horde of slayer kids. You know what I mean, haha. It could be something good like Sacrifice or something,
            I thought I was alone on that thought. I'm very glad I'm not. A while back there was a Slayer v. Pantera thread and If I remember correctly I got crucified for calling out the Slayer tools, erm. I mean fans.

Slayer has some cool riffs though, every now and then I'll pop on some Slayer and I'll make it through a few songs.
            Originally posted by horns666
            The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

I could be completely wrong, but I remember watching video's of KK saying Dave Mustaine was an asshole, and I'd bet money on it that Dave said something before/after that which caused a fued. If that's not the case, I'm sure the little name calling didn't help it.
              Originally posted by horns666
              The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                Whoa, what's with the Slayer Haters?!?
                No hate here. Reign and Seasons are enjoyed listens in my household every once in a good while, but I find the whole Slayer thing to be over rated. They have their niche, and they seemed cool to me for a hile, but it got a far too redundant eventually. That's just me though
                Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
                Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Slayer and Megadeth together would be a great show! You are not metal if you don't like the idea of it.

Yes, Kerry King and Dave Mustaine don't care for each other much. I think Kerry played a couple shows in early Megadeth.

SLAYER's KERRY KING: DAVE MUSTAINE Is A 'Douche Bag'
                  http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=30103

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPlatteDemon View Post
                    Slayer and Megadeth together would be a great show! You are not metal if you don't like the idea of it.

Yes, Kerry King and Dave Mustaine don't care for each other much. I think Kerry played a couple shows in early Megadeth.

SLAYER's KERRY KING: DAVE MUSTAINE Is A 'Douche Bag'
                    http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=30103
                    Because you have to "like" Slayer to be metal?
                    My musical tastes differ, and I have to say I am quite a bit metal.

I haven't got to wear an MCR t-shirt to fit into a group like the rest of the rejects these days.

Anyway, much love, dude. If I came out harsh, didn't mean to.
                    Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
                    Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

who cares about metal anyway?!?!?!?!
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Apparently it is slayer and there's supposed to be an announcement either today or in the next couple days. yay.
                        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

he is gonna form an all gay version of wham!

It will be called.........

......Wham!

Comment

Didn't Megadeth,Slayer, and Anthrax do a tour?I think 90,91

Comment

Yes it was the Clash of the Titans. Anthrax and AIC were on the bill as well.

It was just announced yesterday that Slayer will be touring with Marilyn Manson on the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem tour this summer. I did not hear anything about Megadeth being on the tour.
                              Last edited by Jason1212; 04-24-2009, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Apparently it is slayer and there's supposed to be an announcement either today or in the next couple days. yay.
                                WELL ?
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X