No announcement yet.

Dave signed by Dean is for Jackson???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM did a lot for the KV, even though the design of the earlier version was already complete before he got his grubby mitts on it. So yeah, he hijacked it from Robbin, who hijacked it from Dave Linsk. I'd like to see him come back, as I love the Kahler hardtail bridge on my King V, which has the standard Jackson pointy headstock. The LSR tuners? DM can make ass beads out of those, keep them off my axe!!

Comment

"Krying Is My Business, And Business Is Good"

Seriously, Jackson owns the King V shape. They can make it any way they want without Mustaine's input. If they want to put a Kahler 3310 on it, just like his sig model was, they can do that.

The real question is, are they holding that option back in hopes he'll come back to Jackson, or will they bring it back as a stopbar or string-through/TOM?

I'd prefer stopbar/TOM, unless the stringthrough had a symmetrical V-plate on top. On one hand, the lack of a v-plate would make it look too cosmetically close to the KV2T, but with the v-plate makes it closer to the Rhoads in cosmetics. Even though the cosmetic differences would in fact be more noticeable than that, and the overall construction differences greater (headstock, body shape, etc), the "2D black and white vector image" should be noticeably different beyond the headstock (speaking strictly in terms of a stringthrough KV2T vs stringthrough KV1 design where the only noticeable difference in the 2D black and white vector image would be the headstock and inlays).

Mustaine has done his part for Jackson. Put aside your personal wants for a particular model and leave him where he fell down.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Personally, Dave mustaine is a selfish bastard, what was his freebie rate when he left? 1? Whiney little bastard maybe it's because he picked to many of the best parts constantly in a short time span, I personally would be happy with 1 a year, He earned enough to buy a bloody new one anyway!
        Gear

Jackson DXMG
        Jackson JS30RR
        Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
        Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
        Blackstar HT5H
        Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
        Marshall JCM 800 2203
        Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Mazz View Post
          Personally, Dave mustaine is a selfish bastard, what was his freebie rate when he left? 1? Whiney little bastard maybe it's because he picked to many of the best parts constantly in a short time span, I personally would be happy with 1 a year, He earned enough to buy a bloody new one anyway!
          If I'm not mistaken, didn't the freebe's get drastically cut? I'd be pretty pissed too if it went from 7 guitars down to 1.. I don't particularly care for Mustaine, and I'd much rather see Friedman back with Jackson, I read somewhere that he's not with Ibanez anymore, so who knows...
          Originally posted by horns666
          The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

He went down from 11 a year to 5 I think.

Not to mention he still had a ton of guitars from all the years he'd been with Jackson.

Megadeth was waning from the spotlight, the previous 2 albums all but tanked, new acts were doing better, so yeah, they cut his freebies.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I don't think it's fair to judge him because he left because of freebee's. It almost reminds me of illegal downloading, who fucking cares if the artists had made tons of money, what about the current? Or the future?

Yeah, Dave is a little cry baby, but for once, I'll say I could understand why he would leave a company that won't support him as much as another company would. It would be nice to see him come back though.
              Originally posted by horns666
              The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Working...
              X