No announcement yet.

Dave signed by Dean is for Jackson???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a Kahler addict, so I'm not exactly nutting in my pants at the thought of an FMIC built KV1 with a hard tail bridge.

Comment

A good deal with Jackson would mean BIG sales!
      I mean, look at his forums, this guy can even sell coffee to the kids.

And BTW, he was the guy who got me into Jacksons like thousands of other kids back in the day

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
        I read an interview with him, and he said the same thing: He went from 11-12 guitars down to 1 guitar per year.
        that would suck from a players perspective, but from a company's perspective it makes sense. all the time spent building HIS custom guitars would take away from time to build PAYING customers guitars. you KNOW DM wasn't playing usa select guitar....i would be willing to bet he was ALL custom shop.

okay, so he sold a lot of guitars for jackson over the years. so what? if customers are waiting for YEARS to get the guitar they are paying for, then what difference does it make? don't you guys remember the wait time on CS guitars in the early 2000's? i waited almost 2 years for a SIMPLE CS - basically a usa select with 2 small spec changes - TWO YEARS!!!!

if megadeth were a platnium selling band with a TON of radio play and MTV coverage, then YES, he is worth 11-12 FREE guitars a year. after the years he was with jackson, WHY would he STILL need 11-12 FREE guitars a year? just because it is what he is used to getting? weak.

i don't hate DM or megadeth, but the guy needs a reality check. my understanding it that ALL jackson endorsees got their freebies cut down. shoot, right around that time jackson dropped a TON of their roster anyway - and a lot of those guys were wholesale endorsees - they paid, but a lower cost. ironically enough, a lot of them went to ESP.

under FMIC jackson seems to have restructured quite a bit. they are pretty much giving ALL of us what we wanted. (remember the desire for affordable strathead charvel's?) in order to offer MORE usa product and shorter wait times, SOMETHING had to give.

i feel bad for DM. (not really) if he likes jackson, which apparently he does, because every guitar he's played since has looked like a deformed KV (except that ESP axxion), just suck it up and go back....

to think that he has a TON of stipulations if he WERE to go back to jackson is egotistical too. so, they are to discontinue any KV model except for his? if i were jackson, i'd bring him back and tell him he got ONE KV model as his sig and the rest STAY because they are variants of an existing model. HE chose to leave. at that point the KV became a standard model. upon his return, DM would get his KV-1 back, but the KV-2 would stay.

a company exists to sell product NOT feed an egomanical guitarist. that's prolly WHY he wanted to buy jackson, so he could get all the free guitars he wanted. BAD BUSINESS PLAN - even if you only OWN the comapny and not actually run it. unless he were to close jackson and only allow it to make HIS guitars.....
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I'll happily take one free guitar per year.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
            I'll happily take one free guitar per year.
            As would I. And CUSTOM, too...
            As far as I'm concerned he can stay with Dean and play his dots+fins KV copies, and whatever that aborted fetus he "designed". More like "I saw it in my puke". -Newc

Tung Oil is for guitar necks. Tongue Oil is a by-product of cunninglus. -Metalchurch79

Comment

If it means bringing back the KV1 and the Y2KV.... CONSIDER ME READY!!
              - Adam

Comment

Mustaine running Jackson guitars will be like Arnold running California. it sounds good, but look where we are right now. he can just stay with ESP...err...dean...err...line6...err...digitech...
                Sam

Comment

I'm all for Dave Mustaine coming back to jacksons, his best music was written with them, they looked the coolest and more sales could only help jackson.

I think all the sour dave mustaine people are just jealous. I actually admire dave mustaine for being a smartass and getting awaay with it, who else do you know thats like that. Gives him more attitude and personality.

Guy I talked to from the dean factory sed hes still in rehab every now and then.
                  Marshall JCM800 2203
                  G12K-100w Cabinet
                  Jackson RR24

Comment

Originally posted by nitro_D View Post
                    Guy I talked to from the dean factory sed hes still in rehab every now and then.
                    Yessir, that's admirable.
                    "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                      I just think Marty is so much more better and he's not quite complete without a Kelly.

:think:

Am I the only person in the universe that knows Marty dropped out of Metal to play pop and hang out in Japan with J-Pop girlies?

You are not going to convince that pudnibbling little BackStreet Boy wannabe that he'd be better off playing Metal on a Kelly. There's not enough hot chicks in it for him. Slutty tattooed crackhead chicks, yeah, but not the club-hoppin teeny-boppers he wanted when he was in Megadeth.

As for Muswang dictating terms (no other KV model except his KV1) - he can drive down here and kiss my ass. Jackson got along just fine without him, it's his image and reputation that's on the skids since he left. United Abominations sucked. Risk was a better album. He's useless and worthless. He's made his mark and done what he came here to do.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                        :think:

Am I the only person in the universe that knows Marty dropped out of Metal to play pop and hang out in Japan with J-Pop girlies?

As for Muswang dictating terms (no other KV model except his KV1) - he can drive down here and kiss my ass. Jackson got along just fine without him, it's his image and reputation that's on the skids since he left. United Abominations sucked. Risk was a better album. He's useless and worthless. He's made his mark and done what he came here to do.
                        Marty still plays metal, his 2006 Loudpseaker album is metal. His newest one, Future Addict is not pop music either. It's not very good but that's not your point.
                        And I thought United Abominations was the best Megadeth album since RIP.
                        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post

Slutty tattooed crackhead chicks
                          Those sluts were one of the reasons I wanted to be in a band when I was a kid
                          I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                            And I thought United Abominations was the best Megadeth album since RIP.
                            I think United Ambominations and The System Has Failed were a little disappointing, but still better than Risk. RIP was awesome, but Cryptic Writings and The World Needs A Hero were also very good, IMO.
                            I don't think Dave will ever stop being a crybaby douche, though. :ROTF:
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Time will tell with the new album
                              Marshall JCM800 2203
                              G12K-100w Cabinet
                              Jackson RR24

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                                I think United Ambominations and The System Has Failed were a little disappointing, but still better than Risk. RIP was awesome, but Cryptic Writings and The World Needs A Hero were also very good, IMO.
                                I don't think Dave will ever stop being a crybaby douche, though. :ROTF:

"POOP"

Comment

Working...
                                X