Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone posted something about Shotgun Messiah...

JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

• Nah mate, you want some of this, toilet rolls, bottle, bullseye and all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKInR...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjiIHfa7DNQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaehB...eature=related

Hee Hee, I got me one of them old Mk1 Transit vans!
      Last edited by ginsambo; 07-22-2011, 10:58 AM.
      You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

• They dont make em like that anymore. (The video I mean, nobody should make anything like MK1 transits).
        All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

• Tnt was the first band I ever saw in a club @ lamours east on queens blvd. The guitarist was amazing. I had been to arena shows before, but seeing that ronnie le whatever guy play a solo on 2 guitars at the same time was pretty memorable. I was 16, ordering booze like a adult. Very cool night.also vito bratta was amazing, and such a enigma..hopefully one day he gets the itch.....

Comment

• Ratt I didn't see mentioned but may have overlooked among all the fantastic posts (probably got more of us laid than any other band in existance)... I sort of CAN believe I didn't see Bon Jovi mentioned unless I again may have missed it (go ahead and laugh but you know many people posting here listened to them)... Firehouse was great, I worked and played at Rockburger in Myrtle Beach and got to know Perry pretty well, great guy who started 3930 Records and signed bands that definitely deserved a shot like Up Spook Hill. Got to mention bands like Uglyroom, Trippin On Rats, and many others but that's heading into another era and genre so I'll let it go.
            In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

• I saw Cinderella in a small club back in the late 90's. They sounded wonderfull. I was 5 feet from the stage.

Comment

• my band is like the de-facto hair band opener in the tampa bay area....and a lot of them are still able to play and sound really good. the better part is that most of them look like regular guys these days!!!!

it kills all of us though, because NOBODY in my band was into glam metal, yet here we are playing with these bands!!!! bang tango is coming up next, in february....
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

• I saw dokken in the summer of 95 in a club that held less than 1000 people in syracuse ny.

George Lynch had enough equipment to play the carrier dome that night. My friends and I were about 20 feet from him the whole show...I really thought my ears were going to explode and I was going to die.

but it was awesome. One of my friends that was with us saw them play rich stadium in 88 and at other large venues in that era and couldnt get over how these guys were playing this small place.

I loved it. One of the best concerts I ever went to, watching george lynch that close was just amazing. I liked dysfunctional they were touring with also.

the summer before I went with my friends to see quiet riot, they were playing on the deck of a ski club house in little falls ny. There were literally 50 people tops. There power cut out twice and the second time they just said the hell with it, walked off the deck and onto there giant bus and left.

anyway, just thought I would add.
                  sigpic

Comment

• I dunno if anyone has put this band up, but a new 80's style band called De La Cruz from Australia just signed by Frontiers Records (same as Dokken) are awesome.
                    Here's a video of their song Lust Fame Money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltkgg...feature=relmfu
                    2002 Classical Acoustic
                    2003 Cruiser by Crafter Strat
                    2003 B.C. Rich Mockingbird "Firebreather" L.E.
                    2005 Jackson DKMG
                    2003 Fender Stratocaster Candy Apple Red Satin L.E.
                    2008 Ibanez JS100
                    2009 B.C. Rick KKV
                    2009 Ibanez RG350MYE L.E.
                    2005 Jackson RR3 Crimson Swirl
                    1989 Charvel 375 DLX
                    2010 Jackson JS30KV
                    2010 Fender JR Telecaster
                    2003 Fender Jag-Stang
                    2010 Charvel San Dimas Pro Mod
                    1988 Charvel Model 4
                    2007 Jackson RR24
                    2012 Jackson SDX Adrian Smith
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kramer View Post
                      Firehouse kicks ass
                      the first album. they are from battle ground washington..I have seen them they kick ass live!

Rail.... too another washington band. played at my little high school prom...
                      yeh?
                      who's heard of rail?
                      yeh
                      I thought firehouse was from north carolina?

Anyway awesome band! I love "reach for the sky" (I think they made that in the 90's though)
                      Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                      Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

• Originally posted by Maiden89 View Post
                        I thought firehouse was from north carolina?

Anyway awesome band! I love "reach for the sky" (I think they made that in the 90's though)
                        They are from Charlotte NC according to them.
                        Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

• Originally posted by RR3DKMG View Post
                          I dunno if anyone has put this band up, but a new 80's style band called De La Cruz from Australia just signed by Frontiers Records (same as Dokken) are awesome.
                          Here's a video of their song Lust Fame Money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltkgg...feature=relmfu

Dude, you are toying with a genre I know VERY well, and not mentioned at all thus far. Don't make me unleash the fockin' fury..!!!

But you are extremely correct of the Frontiers label. They've been keepin' the 80's alive and well...well since the 80's. Pretty Much. The main bands being stuff like Ten, Jaded Heart, Pink Cream 69, Pretty Maids, Millenium, Fair Warning (awesome)..ect.
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theebs View Post
                            I saw dokken in the summer of 95 in a club that held less than 1000 people in syracuse ny.

George Lynch had enough equipment to play the carrier dome that night. My friends and I were about 20 feet from him the whole show...I really thought my ears were going to explode and I was going to die.

but it was awesome. One of my friends that was with us saw them play rich stadium in 88 and at other large venues in that era and couldnt get over how these guys were playing this small place.

I loved it. One of the best concerts I ever went to, watching george lynch that close was just amazing. I liked dysfunctional they were touring with also.

the summer before I went with my friends to see quiet riot, they were playing on the deck of a ski club house in little falls ny. There were literally 50 people tops. There power cut out twice and the second time they just said the hell with it, walked off the deck and onto there giant bus and left.

anyway, just thought I would add.
                            ooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhh..1995. Oh my, that was the beginning of the end for the late Georgey-Boy. I saw them in '84, '85, '86, '88, ..unreal to say the least!! Then Dokken with Norum/Billy White in '91 (WOW!!!) , Then in 2000 VIP with Reb in the band. I saw George in 2002...walked out. He was a complete mess..and that's an understaement. It actually was extremely disheartening. To this day, 10 years later..I feel that sting!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• BenoA..looks like we listened to the same stuff BITD (Back In The Day) ..

do you know that the UK had their answer to Van Halen..?

This is from their '82 release "Now Hear This"..you can thru it from hear. This was the closest you could get to VH at that time. Just before the VH floodgates opened. They're a bit rough but were ahead of the curve..Hellanbach..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a78A...eature=related

Here' another treat strarring the late, underrated Derek Frigo (Enuff Z Nuff fame) ..I really liked this band, and had both their albums. Now both on 1 cd. He was an early Mike Varney find..from their 1st '83 "On the streets"..killer players. The singer Pete Marino went onto Cacophony w/ Becker-Friedman...Lemans...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GczlG...feature=relmfu

Here's one NOBODY would know..I'd guess. But I loved this. prolly 'cuz of the bass sounding a bit like myself.>> Antix..produced by Don Dokken..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBaEOtROdDo

That's Nuff for now..

Comment

• OK..some more.

Victory..with Charlie Hunn..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xV9_...eature=related

Stone Fury w/ Lenny Wolfe of Kingdom Come..
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqjTH...feature=relmfu

Highway Chile ..this was their only "hit"..
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVOl94lYcmA

Comment

Working...
                                X