Just Heard The New Metallica Song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pagemalicious View Post
    There's some interesting editing in there towards the end where Kirk's playing his black ESP, then you see him with his gray Tom Anderson Pro Am for a second, then back to his ESP again. :ROTF:
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets were their best.

I did not like AJFA. that was it for me pretty much.
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Unfortunately, Metallica died on Sept 27, 1986.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl927 View Post
          Unfortunately, Metallica died on Sept 27, 1986.
          Agreed, and then some.

Comment

Ooooohhhhh....! How doooo we love to see the great fall. I loved Metallica when nobody knew who they were....and I still do.

Comment

I didn't know who Metallica were when nobody knew who they were.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                I didn't know who Metallica were when nobody knew who they were.
                LOL....I remember listening to old Metallica...my friends were like you're crazy listening to that "Kill your Grandmother Music"! LOL! I was like what? They said if you listened to that type of music for to long...you would end up killing your Grandmother! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by m2pmd70 View Post
                  St. Anger = http://www.thelisteningsessions.com/...gerTribute.mp3

I LMAO every time I hear it. Spot on.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA
                  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

holy christ I almost pissed myself when the vocals started
                  In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

It's funny, I just watched Megadeth Behind the Music yesterday and watching Lars and James talk about Dave and Megadeth...like they weren't worthy of being mentioned in the same breath. But who's the bigger joke now???
                    Hear the universe scream
                    Bleeding from black holes
                    Whom horns careless
                    And whom God mourns

Comment

Wait, they have more than three albums? I agree most of the post-Burton stuff is crap. I vote with my money, and Justice was the last one I bought or listened to all the way through.

St. Anal is the poster child for how not to use computer based recording: come up with a bunch of riffs and try to edit them together to make a song much less an entire album.

That parody was the funniest thing I have ever heard. With a bit more percussion and some scratching I think the intro could pass for a Slipknot song.

Comment

Its astonishing to me that people think AJFA sucks. Thats just madness, the production was a bit iffy but the music is great, not MOP or RTL great but its close enough. For as many as hold MOP as the best of Metallica, I always thought RTL was their best album.

As for the Black album...well I respect it, I don't hate it. However I didn't much like it. After that however Metallica became a black hole of suck. St. Anger was one of the most crappily produced albums I ever heard. I don't care what they were trying to achieve, it sounded horrific.

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
                          On Sirius. Um lets see. Back to more of a black album formula for sure but still flubby sounding riffs ala St Anger. Kirk and his wah were present. IT was simply called New Song and was live in Berlin. The only thing that was reminiscient of St. Anger was Jamyz guitar tone. Eh on first listen it was nice to hear better guitar work but I think we all know Metallica is done in the inspiration department. Some people will be happy with this though.
                          Last edited by JC_Denton; 02-25-2007, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sl2lover View Post
                            The black album can suck my cock!
                            If you say something like that i am allowed to say that you are a fool!!
                            Last edited by JC_Denton; 02-25-2007, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPlatteDemon View Post
                              Metallica starting going downhill when they kicked Mustaine out for being too metal.

OMG , what are you talking , have you seen the videos when mustane was in metallica, they fn sucked ass, his playing was amazingly bad.

Comment

I just cant believe it I and Endrik are the only ones here that like Black album.

Comment

Working...
                                X