Just Heard The New Metallica Song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Heard The New Metallica Song

On Sirius. Um lets see. Back to more of a black album formula for sure but still flubby sounding riffs ala St Anger. Kirk and his wah were present. IT was simply called New Song and was live in Berlin. The only thing that was reminiscient of St. Anger was Jamyz guitar tone. Eh on first listen it was nice to hear better guitar work but I think we all know Metallica is done in the inspiration department. Some people will be happy with this though.
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

i herd this months ago now,cant say it did anything for me.see how a new album sounds
    my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
      but I think we all know Metallica is done in the inspiration department
      I agree. The Black album is actually the last Metallica record that I can stand listening to. And after watching Some Kind Of Bull... I mean Monster as individuals they all act like a bunch of pussies.
      "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

The unfortunate side of this is, they could fart and record it and their fans would think its musically brilliant. Loyalty that lacks common sense is stupidity on display. I tossed Metallica by the way side a long time ago. I haven't heard anything from them worth listening to since the black album. I laughed when I heard st. anger and concluded its material thats very typical from a band thats washed up.
        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

St. Anger. It's amazing how expensive it must've cost to make the album sound so cheap.

Comment

check the song out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZi15-Ke5xs
            "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

The black album can suck my cock!
              I love admins!

Comment

Shit, when I heard the black album I puked in my mouth. Puppets is still their last album to me, I think they were all killed in that crash and imposters took over!
                Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by bonghits View Post
                  St. Anger. It's amazing how expensive it must've cost to make the album sound so cheap.
                  doesn't sound cheap to me, the dynamics of the mix are pretty unique, the overall mix is pretty wide and spacey, the floor tom is mixed to carry the vocals...very cool technique IMO

cheap...no....raw...yes
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I guess they were going for that "garage band" sound which to me still sounds cheap. I guess "raw" to my ears is that "Seek and Destroy" sound.

Comment

and justice for all sounds cheap, horrible mixing, horrible dynamics, horrible arrangements

Kill 'em All sounds cool as hell, Motorhead on steroids
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

"the floor tom is mixed to carry the vocals"

Dude...Where do you get this stuff? Tell me you just pulled that outta your ass...Or did you read it somewhere? Seriously Bro???

You can spread the mix all you want...so what...You have on constant annoying aspect in the mix...(Snare) and it doesn't matter if you spread your mix all over some fukkn toast...That recording suck so bad you hardly hear anyone playing it...Even fans
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Well put, sevser!

Comment

I have enormous ability to be very objective and therefore to analyze the arrangements, mix, production etc. and enjoy the record no matter how much everyone is bashing it, I really don't care what people think, I think St. Anger is a decent record. I really hate And Justice For All. I love Kill 'em all, Ride The Lighting, Black Album and Load.

Give the record to a non-BS-opinionated-asshole engineer and he will notice the floor tom thing too.

The snare is annoying but there are a lot more annoying things, for example just another swedish metal band record where the mix is thin, guitars over comprssed, non inspiering mixing technique and drums wich sound like a Roland Drum Machine.
                            I'll take St.Angers garbage can snare over any of those plastic hi-pitch sounding kick drum sounds.
                            Last edited by Endrik; 01-30-2007, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                              and justice for all sounds cheap, horrible mixing, horrible dynamics, horrible arrangements

Best metal album ever. Maybe even because of the mixing.. loud drums and loud guitars.. what more do you want

Just some really cool Metallica videos:

Four Horsemen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDnlZVzKyys
                              Battery: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNs-Me05VSw
                              MoP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDnlZVzKyys
                              Last edited by AfterForever; 01-30-2007, 01:12 PM.
                              "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Working...
                              X