Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: evanesance

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
    Most Lacuna Coil fans that hate Evanescence seem to think that they're stealing LCs limelight somehow. Well LC has been around for years and has never broken into the US record sales-wise, and are probably getting MORE sales here with
    Amy Lee citing Cristina as an influence. Cristina was finally able to give up her TWO day jobs AFTER Evanescence broke big over here; maybe LC's sales and live gigs are picking up because of Amy Lee, guys!

Alexi over Yngwie? Well, he's faster, cleaner and writes better songs, very true. He's also walking a very well-worn trail that was a barely-visible track left by Uli Roth when Yngwie came upon it 20+ years ago and put up streetlights. It's easier to refine than to invent, and in the rock genre, Yngwie invented the neoclassical style. Blackmore, though I love him, was only a dabbler in classical motifs, really. Jon Lord was really doing a lot more classically themed stuff than Ritchie in Purple, but he was stuck behind his setup, while Ritchie was in your face.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">...and amys got youth ! that seems to sell alot more records now and days than it use to .. well kinda lol //Steve

Comment

True, she's only turned 21 recently, according to her interview in Metal Edge
      when she made the cover. She also has that you-don't-know-WHAT-you're-in-for look in her eyes, which makes her hotter than you'd normally think her.

She looks a lot like my ex, which I admit
      makes me partial to her. She is a decent singer too though, no Doro or Kim Goss but decent. Better her than another R&B hip-hop diva with a drum machine on the charts, IMO.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I like a couple of the evanesance songs. I even got the album for xmas but most of the album is pretty bland. Amy has a hell of a voice though. The whole argument about the ne "metal" bands not being very good though IMO is stupid. At least metal is making a comeback. I am so sick of that Ghetto booty bumpin bullshit i could [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] ! And I like Nickleback, not much of a fan of Puddle of mudd though. I'm tired of candyass crap being labeled Rock (Dave Matthews). I'd like to punch that guy right in the mouth, maybe he'd have to quit (whining) what a pussy!!! [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] OK I feel better now.

Comment

From Blabbermouth:

"BEN MOODY Talks Frankly About EVANESCENCE Split - Feb. 13, 2004

Former EVANESCENCE guitarist Ben Moody spoke to Mix 96.1 in San Antonio, Texas about why he left the group while the band was in Germany. Moody said he didn't leave the group in a huff, and things were discussed between he, vocalist Amy Lee, and the band's management well in advance. Moody implied that Amy Lee played the "damsel in distress" role for press purposes, and they agreed one of the two had to go, and Amy didn't want to go solo, so he volunteered. Moody revealed that had had a strained business relationship with the singer for a long time, and it wasn't working as a band anymore — so he didn't want to put the band and the crew through that continued tension. He then talked about how he and Avril Lavigne got together, saying that she's is a very nice person to work with and that she's got a shy personality, which is why she's such a difficult person to interview. Moody then talked about his other projects, including a possible solo album. "

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=19183
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

moody got problems with amy standing in the front?
            I think it's reasonable to do what's best for the band. most bands got their singer as a frontman, coz it's mostly him who does communication with the crowd in a live situation and it's him who brings the message of the songs (if there is any) out to the people (spread the message!!! yahman!! one love...).
            and well, he can't deny she's cuter than him. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

and just btw; moody was, well... looking up to himself like noone else.
            I never saw a band life with the guitarist having some kind of extra stage on the main stage...
            he somehow had to stand two feed higher than the rest of the band.
            and he was a poser btw who didn't record the album himself like I heard lately. the got a session studio-musician for that.

I liked their second album, but they are frickin commercial.

to the mentioned parallels with nightwish, I doubt there are any.
            well, they do have a female singer too, but that's it.
            the music doesn't sound similar and the vox don't too.
            there's no way to compare these both except of their beeing commercial maybe.
            I also liked nightwish (my musical taste changed lately), but it wasn't able to tell any differences between the albums really. the riffs are the same, the atmosfear is the same...
            I was glad to hear marco hietala sing a few songs himself on his first nightwish album. that was refreshing. best songs on the album IMO.
            tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

He obviously had a thing for her, and eventually figured out it wasn't gonna happen, so he spazzed out and walked from the gravy train like the whipped little b1tch he is!

Now he's sniffing Avril's panties? How pathetic. A Ben Moody solo album? That
              should do as well as Brian Greenway's album did when he left April Wine!

Right, you never heard of him. My point
              exactly.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

he had 'business' problems with Amy? haha suuure, he obviously wanted more money which is why he's with Avril now.. in the music business songwriters make the most money anyway and with the amount of radio/tv airplay Avril gets (unbelievable amount), writing songs for her almost guarantee's him millions.. I mean there's nothing wrong with that, but atleast he could be honest about it instead of straight out lying about something so obvious.

Comment

I'd pork Amy Lee if I was her guitarist.

Comment

Well, sure you would, if SHE would! I think that was the problem here. She probably had a lot of guys lining up backstage. Old Ben should've just gotten
                    happy with whatever female groupies showed up.

Maybe he'll do okay with Avril if he learned that multiplatinum situations don't grow on trees!
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X