Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you want as a Jackson Endorsee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who would you want as a Jackson Endorsee?

Well, I really hope they don't start paying out the ass just to get some big artist endorsements back at Jackson, I really don't want to pay $3000 for a SL-1 or a Rhoads like you have to pay for an ESP these days.

Until they start throwing money and guitars at me to play ESP, I CHOOSE to play Jackson and my wallet thanks me for it as well as my ears.

Comment

Warren? Doh! [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] I guess I should be thinking about work when I'm at work, instead of sneaking in posts huh? [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Explorer77; I do believe McD from Jackson HQ said Nile was on the roster. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Hey McD!!! Are you here!? LOOMIS! LOOMIS! LOOMIS! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Originally posted by Gpops:
        Toejam, where do you live in NJ?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I live in Sayreville now, grew up in South Amboy which is the next town over. South Amboy is a tiny town, 1 square mile. Two blocks over from my house was a music store where Mike used to work. I went in to take lessons, but Mike told me not to give money to the b1tch who owned the store, that he would give me lessons at my house or his house cheaper, and that was it. Too bad I can't play half as well as him, though! His old band, Phantom's Opera, were pretty cool, had a good local following. I hadn't really seen him in years, but in the mid '90s, in a bar, a friend of a friend hung out with Symphony's old bass player, Tommy, and that's how I found out about Symphony, but I never really listened to them much until a couple years ago.

[ May 29, 2003, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think that the guys in King Missle (the detachable penis song) and all the guitarists in Andrew WK to play Jackson! Not to mention Brooks and Dunn, Johnny Cash, and the Jackson 5...how perfect would that be???

Comment

Allison from the Donnas would be cool. She'd look good with a RR or a kelly. I can't see how she play's LP's, even my back doesn't like lp's.
            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Personal opinion I think someone like the Donna's or anyone that would come cheap and sell the volume guitars (250-650 Dollar range). You look at the finacial genius move of the Tom DeLounge Strat they sold a ton. They have almost zero wiring small routing etc... a cheaper guitar to make than a standard MIM but they get 250 more for it. All 13-15 year old kids want one. What if Jackson got someone who could sell guitars like that? Would it be good or bad? For FMIC of course good but the Jackson name?
              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Someone needs to get some Jacksons to Patrik Jensen from the Haunted. He's got an old Charvel, but seems to play LPs on tour. I'm seeing them next Friday, so I'll report back with what he's playin'.
                sigpic

Comment

Thatd be cool.
                  I think that Jackson should jump on Jesse Pintado from Napalm Death, he uses an old toothpaste Charvel. What about getting Rex of former Pantera fame back? He used to have Charvels....
                  Also Shane Embury from Napalm Death had a Charvel bass in a video I saw a bit back. Im pretty sure. How good would a big name bass endorser be?!?! I also remember seeing the bass guy from Blink 182 (Mark Hoppus?) on MTV Cribs showing his basses and showing his favourite that his dad got him as his first and I think it was a mapled board Charvel.
                  Wow, all these Charvel players....
                  Is the guy still in Cannibal Corpse that had a Charvel in Ace Ventura? Also, Ive seen pics of the guy from Malevolant Creation (sp?) with an old stickered up Charvel. Hmm.... The plot thickens.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

James

Comment

Who do I want as a Jackson endorsee? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] ME!!
                    Until then, I think that if Jackson could get maybe TOOL or someone similar that would really help sell guitars. The problem is that Jacksons are usually shredder's guitars, and since shredding is so "out" these days as far as big bands go, I think that until someone brings it back into the mainstream, Jacksons are going to continue to be sold to people like us, and maybe a handful of newer generation players that actually want a good guitar for a good price, not just some POS that the loser from Papa Roach had his picture taken with.

Comment

Nice run-on sentence Ace!! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

What about SUM41 whose roots are majorly in Metal? would they sell guitars? I bet they would take the sponsorship. Although the dude did botch Master I have heard him nail some decent stuff. It is the closest to mainstream metal you will get
                        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Originally posted by Ace:
                          Who do I want as a Jackson endorsee? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] ME!!
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cheers to that ACE! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Same here!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr White:
                            Is the guy still in Cannibal Corpse that had a Charvel in Ace Ventura? Also, Ive seen pics of the guy from Malevolant Creation (sp?) with an old stickered up Charvel. Hmm.... The plot thickens.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                            James
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, that would be the same guy, Rob Barrett, who was in Cannibal Corpse and then wound up in Malevolant Creation. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Do anything, pay anything, beg anyone anyhow anyway to get Alexi Laiho and Roope Latvala back. Losing these 2 guys was Fender's biggest mistake.

Not that I'm much of a fan but Sum41 and The Donna's makes perfect marketing sense.

Comment

Since most of the Gnu-Metal assclowns are wanking imports anyhoo (Borland, Korn, etc etc) get em Jackson imports. Get that name and brand recognition out there, they're cheap enough to make, fer cryin out loud! So what if these "bands" come and go faster than a flea fart? That's not the point - the point is to drive up demand, and thus sales, and then we have someone to sell out used USA Jacksons to for twice what we paid [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                                X