Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you want as a Jackson Endorsee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who would you want as a Jackson Endorsee?

Originally posted by markpb:
    ah yer probably right, Jackson probably wouldn't make him a seven string sig, and dime might be tough, but those are two prime examples of the type of player who should be a Jackson endorsee, and it's easy to picture either one of them playing Jacksons, it's a good match. The reason they aren't is because these other companies were more agressive. They went out and got these guys, they didn't sit around with their finger in their blowhole waiting for the stars to align right. Ibanez and ESP have been aggressive and smart, and it has paid off. This is painful to type, but what Jackson really should have done many moons ago when they had a good shot at it, was wrap up Kirk Hammett. They couldn't have made a smarter move, and ESP had the business sense and the will to get it done. Hammett makes me barf, but you couldn't get more high profile. You could have a truckload of guys like Borislav Mitic, and it wouldn't make a sh*t of difference, which is why Ibanez and ESP don't waste their time on them. Ibanez wanted it more than anyone else in the late 80's, they went out and stole Vai and Satriani right out from under everyone elses nose, right when those two were the kings of the guitar playing universe, as far as popularity goes. Ibanez made it on the cover of a hundred magazines and god knows what else. When you think about all this, it gives you some perspective on how meek and naive Jackson really was as a guitar company.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes I fully agree with that. they would be ideal. I am a petrucci fan so I would love to see him on board. I have nothing against EBMM either I like thier guitars but I would rather see JP with Jackson.
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

y'know.... i'm by no means a metallica fan, but with all the reports of kirk playin his rhoads again, i can't think of a better endorsee. perhaps his deal with esp is comin to a close.... can't be coincidence that he just started playin his rhoads models again. like him or not, you gotta admit he's a high profile guitar player.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo:
        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by markpb:
        ah yer probably right, Jackson probably wouldn't make him a seven string sig, and dime might be tough, but those are two prime examples of the type of player who should be a Jackson endorsee, and it's easy to picture either one of them playing Jacksons, it's a good match. The reason they aren't is because these other companies were more agressive. They went out and got these guys, they didn't sit around with their finger in their blowhole waiting for the stars to align right. Ibanez and ESP have been aggressive and smart, and it has paid off. This is painful to type, but what Jackson really should have done many moons ago when they had a good shot at it, was wrap up Kirk Hammett. They couldn't have made a smarter move, and ESP had the business sense and the will to get it done. Hammett makes me barf, but you couldn't get more high profile. You could have a truckload of guys like Borislav Mitic, and it wouldn't make a sh*t of difference, which is why Ibanez and ESP don't waste their time on them. Ibanez wanted it more than anyone else in the late 80's, they went out and stole Vai and Satriani right out from under everyone elses nose, right when those two were the kings of the guitar playing universe, as far as popularity goes. Ibanez made it on the cover of a hundred magazines and god knows what else. When you think about all this, it gives you some perspective on how meek and naive Jackson really was as a guitar company.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes I fully agree with that. they would be ideal. I am a petrucci fan so I would love to see him on board. I have nothing against EBMM either I like thier guitars but I would rather see JP with Jackson. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i wouldnt mind seeing a seven string soloist with a piezo and picasso graphic, i would be the first one on it

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo:
          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by markpb:
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes I fully agree with that. they would be ideal. I am a petrucci fan so I would love to see him on board. I have nothing against EBMM either I like thier guitars but I would rather see JP with Jackson. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i wouldnt mind seeing a seven string soloist with a piezo and picasso graphic, i would be the first one on it

Comment

Who would I like to see endorse Jackson guitars?

George Lynch [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            Tommy Shaw & "JY"
            Neal Schon
            Sammy Hagar
            Al Pitrelli
            Jeff Beck
            BIlly Gibbons & Dusty Hill could use a cool matched set of RR1's trimed in white shag!! Cool!

Oh, yea I almost forgot the most important one... ME!!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

All I can think of now
            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
              all the reports of kirk playin his rhoads again,

.... can't be coincidence that he just started playin his rhoads models again....

sully
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kirk's Rhoads is his Sad But True guitar and he always uses it to play that song as far as I know i.e. not being a huge Metallica knowledge wh0re. At the Rock Am Ring on Sunday he only used it for Sad But True (I think) and Seek and Destroy. Not any more that I can remember....
              He's also using LPs for the St. Anger stuff... Might mean he's going Gibson's way as well?....

Jamesy

Comment

Yeah that 7 string with piezo and picasso would be sweet I would love it in Camo to but a non matte camo

As far as the Hamster look how many guitars he ahs for ESP what ten models between Esp and LTD total? Yeah he could get 2 models one USA and one Japan or India one and sell a ton for Jackson
                I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Here's another one, how about Rob Caggiano from Anthrax? He's great on the new album and his production's great. Besides, it looks weird him playing an ESP next to Scott Ian's Jacksons.
                  I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I think they should be looking into some non-metal players. Who better than the legendary Josh and Stan Shmenge, aka The Happy Wanderers......Just imagine what kind of ghost flamed studded accordian the custom shop could produce. "And now, ladies and gentlemen, ve velcome our very special guest on guitar Kirk Hamster....." Now that would be a kick ass show and give THW the cross over success they've been searching for...........

Comment

I donno, i think Metallica's just playing whatever they want. That's what i'd do. Whatever sounds good for a song is what i'd play, if i had all those guitars ^.^

Comment

you wouldn't play whatever you wanted if you were under contract....

sully
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Yeah you would. Because if you signed the contract you probably wanted to play it. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

sully, i think that rhoads might actually be his fave guitar...saw 'em on justice and he played it (can't remember the song tho)...and one of my friends said he played it on the black album tour here in atlanta too...he doesn't seem to go very far without it around...lol...d.m.
                            http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Working...
                            X