Immortal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Immortal

you guys are aware that Abbath did some backing vocals on the new Dimmu Borgir album right?

Comment

Originally posted by KE2KV2Rules:
      Immortal were good when Demonaz was still in teh band in the first 4 albums. i lost track of them after i had enough during Damned in Black. it seems after the black metal community gave up on them, the rest of the metal community bought into them. the first 4 Immortal were what real black metal was about. stuff like Emperor, Vlad Tepes, Satyricon, Belketre, Torgeist, Mutiilation, and DarkThrone. i know i'm gonna get flamed for this, but if someone in this thread had the guts to stand up for himself, i dont see why i shouldnt. man that tendonitis sure killed Demonaz' career as well as their songwriting....
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think you gave up on the new Immortal too fast. The three last CD's aren't the pure and fast black metal that the first four were, but on the other hand, they were much more variated. When Demonaz was still playing, his musical ideologies were keeping them from doing anything but the thing they had done for the first four albums. The last ones were different, but still at least as good as the first ones.

IMO, as allways.

And, being very cynical; Abbath is a technically better guitarist than Demonaz ever was. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

the_drip: He is not backing. On the song 'Progenies of the Great Apocalypse' he sings a few lines (include the first) and on the last song, Heavenly Perverse, I belive he is singing most of the song.
      I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

which one of the members are in Grimfist anyway.

I need to check them out.

Comment

Horgh, and grimfist is really good stuff. they have samples on their webpage.

Comment

Originally posted by KE:
            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by KE2KV2Rules:
            Immortal were good when Demonaz was still in teh band in the first 4 albums. i lost track of them after i had enough during Damned in Black. it seems after the black metal community gave up on them, the rest of the metal community bought into them. the first 4 Immortal were what real black metal was about. stuff like Emperor, Vlad Tepes, Satyricon, Belketre, Torgeist, Mutiilation, and DarkThrone. i know i'm gonna get flamed for this, but if someone in this thread had the guts to stand up for himself, i dont see why i shouldnt. man that tendonitis sure killed Demonaz' career as well as their songwriting....
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think you gave up on the new Immortal too fast. The three last CD's aren't the pure and fast black metal that the first four were, but on the other hand, they were much more variated. When Demonaz was still playing, his musical ideologies were keeping them from doing anything but the thing they had done for the first four albums. The last ones were different, but still at least as good as the first ones.

IMO, as allways.

And, being very cynical; Abbath is a technically better guitarist than Demonaz ever was. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

the_drip: He is not backing. On the song 'Progenies of the Great Apocalypse' he sings a few lines (include the first) and on the last song, Heavenly Perverse, I belive he is singing most of the song.
            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yea but in the end, Demonaz WAS a BETTER BLACK METAL, I REPEAT, BLACK METAL, GUITARIST THAN ABBATH EVER WAS!!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

if you're talking metal in general than yea i'll agree with you. but im talking real BM here. and who's to know for sure, what Demonaz would have been capable of if he didnt get his career ended? besides let me ask you, how much RAW (though not necessarily primitive) black metal have you listened to besides the first 4 Immortal albums?

Comment

Immortal was black metal to me until Demonaz Doom Occulta left because of his arminjury. From At The Heart Of Winter on it only was death metal taht was waaay too long and missed the solo's...

I prefer the pre-ATHOW era anytime... Blizzard Beasts is the last REAL Immortalalbum to me (and I almost got 'em all)

Comment

i would say the REAL immortal album was Pure Holocaust.

Comment

Originally posted by KE2KV2Rules:
                  yea but in the end, Demonaz WAS a BETTER BLACK METAL, I REPEAT, BLACK METAL, GUITARIST THAN ABBATH EVER WAS!!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

if you're talking metal in general than yea i'll agree with you. but im talking real BM here. and who's to know for sure, what Demonaz would have been capable of if he didnt get his career ended? besides let me ask you, how much RAW (though not necessarily primitive) black metal have you listened to besides the first 4 Immortal albums?
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Exactly what I mean! We just have different preferences. I'm glad we could finally agree [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                  I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

Thread ressurection I know. But 5 bucks to who ever can figure out what guitar that is. It's killing me. I can't find it anywere. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Immortal rules. I'm way glad I got to see them live before they broke up.

Are we taking about Abbath's V? I think he mentioned somewhere it is an Ibanez that used to be Demonaz's?

Comment

Why doncha email 'em? [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I was told by someone in contact with the band that none of them are "online."

I've looked at all the Ibanez v's and I can't find one thats a match.

Comment

It's an Ibanez Demonaxe.... It says so on the back of Battles In The North!
                            https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Oh man, this thread just about made me puke.

KE, Paddok, KE2KV2Rules, and Svart are right on.

Sorry to disagree with you horns666, but you don't know jack shit about black metal! All those bands you named are totally GAY and don't even qualify as metal. More like neo-classical prog-rock.

Since you're from Cleveland, you should know about Nunslaughter. Now that's true(tm) metal, black thrash 'til death!

And where do you get off stealing Bill Zebub's name? If you haven't read his 'zine, check it out online at http://www.thegrimoire.com Best album reviews ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Anders:
                                It's an Ibanez Demonaxe.... It says so on the back of Battles In The North!
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, the headstock looked like an Ibanez, but I think the Demonaxe was just a fun name for the guitar.

I'm thinking it was a Ibanez PR 2660. I guess the h/s/s was just a really rare config.

Comment

Working...
                                X