doh! cob switched to esp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: doh! cob switched to esp

They do look different from the first few pictures that cropped up a few weeks ago. They are not ugly guitar, but on that same note they are not that pretty. In fact they remind me of ESP Japan's Kai Hansen model.

As for the pickups, I don't use EMG's so I can't be the judge on them but it's my knowledge that the HZ model comes on lower rent guitars. I can't speak for their tone but I would assume Alexi switches out to the real EMG's.
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Alexi has EMG pickups in his guitars right now, but he's going to change them to Jackson pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMare:
        Alexi has EMG pickups in his guitars right now, but he's going to change them to Jackson pickups.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If that is true, it's all too ironic. =) Back when he was endorsed by Jackson, I remember some guy claiming that Alexi put ESP pickups (I know, I know) into his Jacksons. The dude said he had heard it directly from Kim Goss.... It would be too funny if he ended up doing the opposite though - putting the J50 with Jackson preamp into his ESP's. =)

'bane

[ May 07, 2003, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: Sunbane ]

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMare:
          Kimberly posted this on January 20th, 2003:
          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, I really have no comment on this issue since it doesn't directly involve me. To answer one question...Roope will NEVER stop using Jacksons, that's for sure! (but that's what Alexi used to say [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )....hey really, it's not my place to comment.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">On the same day, the Sinergy.org webmaster posted this:
          I talked with Roope about this. And it's likely that Roope and Alexi are accepting the ESP endorsement. Don't know more about this than that.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And he posted this on the next day.
          Well, Roope has 2 (or 3?) Jackson RR's and Alexi does have one left (which was in a really bad shape but he got it fixed right before the tour). It would have taken at least 6 months for Alexi to get a new custom Jackson, and with all the **** Fender is pulling with Jackson it would have been very costly (customs cost 2500€ and more) since both Roope and Alexi "lost" their endorsements when Fender bought Jackson and probably taken up to 1 year.
          But time will tell.... It's sad because when guitarists think Laiho and Latvala they think Jackson RR's...
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The only Jackson guitar Alexi has left is this one (picture taken by me on January 26th here in Portugal), and it's in a REALLY bad condition (as you can probably see in the picture).
          </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">thats funny ! when we lost our deal from Jackson I went and got a N2 from washburn we did a show I used the thing for one song and compared to my ke3r it played like total **** so all I ever used it for was one song ! so I took it back and got my behringer cab ! lol !!! and I am so glad I did , even if all I can afford is Jackson imports thats fine with me ! I'll never get another electric guitar other than a Jackson again ! unless I get that Fender arch top trans red accoustix ! //Steve

Comment

Can't wait to see those pictures DarkMare

BTW, I think Alexander Kuoppalas new camo guitar looks killer

Comment

I saw them live 2 days ago and I took a LOAD of pictures (180), I'll be uploading them soon. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I just finished organizing and uploading some of the pictures that I've taken at gigs, so I'm posting them here

These are the pictures from Children Of Bodom's gig here in Portugal
                http://razorback.ca/darkmare/stuff/p...ob-2003-05-08/

These are the pictures from Sinergy's gig here in Portugal:
                http://razorback.ca/darkmare/stuff/p...gy-2003-01-26/

These are the pictures from Sinergy's gig in Madrid:
                http://razorback.ca/darkmare/stuff/p...gy-2002-11-22/

Note: On the CoB gig pictures, check out picture 13 - IT'S GANDALF!!!!

If anyone wishes to use the photos on any website or something, please contact me about it. There's a readme.txt file at the end of each dir.
                Tell me what you thought of the pictures. Ohhh, I also have lives pictures of Edguy, and I noticed that Jens was using a Jackson! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ May 11, 2003, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: DarkMare ]

Comment

Urk, I don't have the patience to sift them through when the server is so damn slow... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Who would've guessed Gandalf has gone into working with rock event security though? Or maybe he provides the special effects at the gigs? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

'bane

Comment

I don't like the top of the body

http://www.espguitars.net/gallery/ov...iho/index.html

Comment

Cool pics. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

The server shold calm down soon. There are lots of persons checking them out. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

That guy is a well known portuguese photographer. He takes photos of rock and metal gigs [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] He's been doing that for over 20 years now [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pretty cool guy [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

yes. thanks for sharing them, Darkmare. Very cool
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

You're welcome! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I'll be moving them to a better server soon [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X