doh! cob switched to esp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: doh! cob switched to esp

Most nu-metal fans only buy the low-quality cheap models really, so I'm actually happy that Jackson doesn't endorse nu-metal artists. They would probably make Jackson focus more on the low quality imports than on the good models.

Comment

god damnit!!
      fender's soooo stupid, that's gotta hurt, man!! [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

well, I surely understand alexi's and roopes situation (even though I still don't get how alexi can sign an endorsement deal for ale and roope and all the others, but that's lawyer stuff anyway. I'm not much into these kind of things...), but I still don't get this decision of FMIC.
      if they're not interessted in the metal-music-scene, maybe jackson was the wrong brand to buy.
      jacksons are very popular in this scene and jacksons are meant to be played fast and loud IMO.
      it's really goddamn stupid to let people like these both go...

well, not my cup of tea.
      as long as jackson keeps on building great guitars and alexi and roope keep on beeing great artists writing great music, everything should be fine for me.

@darkmare;
      I don't really see much to complain about the jackson imports. I never played one of those JS series, but I'm really satisfied with my performer.
      sure, they can't compete with the US models, but you get pretty much guitar for the money...
      I payed about 300 bucks for mine (2nd hand) when I started to play guitar, and she's still serving me good thru all of these years...
      nothing was broken yet, the finish was great and the action is pretty damn good too (if you know how to adjust a neck and a floyd).
      If I'd have to start all over again and didn't have much money to invest I'd surely look for a cheap japanese jackson again.
      tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

eerrmmm.... what da hell is this cute smilie I posted above trying to tell us?!? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Ok, I just saw new pics of CoB's new guitars, and I have to post this. Even though I think Alexi's new RR (the one with the yellow "bevels") sucks big time, I gotta say that Alexander's new custom guitar has one of the most awesome finishes ever!

Check it out!

There are a few more pictures online here: http://www.lostinberlin.com/malbum.php?gal=cob&lang=en

Comment

i went to see children of bodom last night,their esp's don't sound too bad,but they did change to their jacksons for a few song's,the jackson's sounded much better
            93 USA Soloist EDS
            USA HT6 Juggernaut
            Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I'll be seeing them live next week [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I'll take a ****load of pictures, so I'll have pics of all new guitars (if they use them all) soon [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

went to see cob last night, great show...

didn't see that ugly b*tch ass yellow bevelled rhoads wannabe esp. he did have a white with black pinstripe and a solid black one.

for a few songs Laiho switched to a Jackson rhoads but the Jacksonlogo was covered...

too bad I forgot my camera [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow, what comes around goes around. Remember back in 81 or so when EVH taped over the Charvel logos on his guitars because he was pissed off at Grover? Here we are 22 years later with a young guitar prodigy pissed off at the owners of Jackson again.

Comment

Maybe he's placating ESP by doing that.
                    Maybe they even wrote it into his deal so
                    he has to.

He has a good enough reason to be pissed at Jackson. I don't know what Ed's reasons were regarding Grover, but since EVH made Charvel's rep he may have also had a good reason.

Who knows?

Comment

*smacks himself on forehead*

for a few songs Laiho switched to a Jackson rhoads but the Jacksonlogo was covered...
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">now I know why I couldnt see the Jackson logo during the Hamburg show... it sure looked like a Jackson.
                      He used it for the songs where they tune lower than usual... for example Angels Don't Kill and Sixpounder.
                      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

No wonder his guitars are beat up, look at all those chains he is wearing!!

Comment

What the heck happened to that Rhoads? O_o
                          Is it cigarette burns? Or blisters in the finish?

Comment

Hey guys if you haven't seen this yet check it out...

http://www.espguitars.net/gallery/ov...iho/index.html

Comment

[img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] Should have been a Jackson...Can't blame him or ESP though. I suppose if the client likes the RR design and you are making him/her a sig it's bound to be close. It looks like the black and blue zebra custom shop. The one with the lightning bolt inlays that was suppose to be one of the first custom orders. (I'm a little sketchy) [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

WTF? Is he using EMG-HZ's now? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] Or is that a production sig model?

Comment

Working...
                                X