doh! cob switched to esp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: doh! cob switched to esp

ESP custom shop makes excellent guitars, Exactly how he wants it. It's not like he's going to grab a LTD f-100 or some lame crap like that.

As long as they don't rip off a rhoads body. That would piss me off.

Comment

Of course it's a Rhoads-type guitar, just different enough to get around patent law. Did you think they wouldn't do that? Don't let it bother you, it's the way of the world.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

more like the way of ESP.. they don't have one unique design.. not counting that stupid devil looking guitar heh. ESP have never made a decent, and unique design. All they do is rip off other brands designs and throw them in the hands of an artist.. and before you know it ESP is in the #1 spot. They sure know their business.

Comment

Dude, if that's true (I don't doubt your info, just unbelievable) that's so messed up. I felt a little down after hearing they got their ESP's, but hey, nothing to do now. Fender seriously needs to get their act together. Mustaine, Leiho, & Roope are already gone. Who else are they waiting to lose? [/QB]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I can tell you that's exactly what happened. And his order wasn't the only one that got canceled...

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Black Mariah:
            Jackson didn't "let him slip". The way I understand it is that the former euro distributor for Jackson was run by a bunch of numbnuts, and they would be responsible for getting endorsers from over there. They never bothered doing so. Take it up with THEIR dumb asses. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, the Euro distributors DID have Alexi endorsed with both COB and Sinergy.
            After his Jacksons were stolen, he DID place a Custom Shop order for a new Rhoads, that order being CANCELLED BY FMIC! Considering they had a year's wait time to consider whether they'd actually make it for him, the abrupt cancellation on FMIC's end was a slap in the face. I'd say that qualifies THEM
            for dumbass status!

You have to say Fackson drove him into ESP's arms, realistically. The fact you once worked for them may color your views
            on the matter; residual loyalty is understandable, but they DID cut you loose, so why fly their flag when it is
            their screwup?
            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">every artists orders got droped when the fender buy out happened , they took all the orders and dumped em or something , cause I had a dk2 eds on order at the time of the buy out also the same time cob's guitars disappered , and when fender did the buy out I know my order got trashed and Kevin Easton wasn't able to send it cause the buy out happened the week before [even though I ordered the ****ing guitar 2 weeks before that] //Steve

Comment

Steve: The exact same thing happened to several friends of mine.

And it was even worse in Finland, since when Fender bough Jackson, they ended up having no distribution deal for Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMare:
                Steve: The exact same thing happened to several friends of mine.

And it was even worse in Finland, since when Fender bough Jackson, they ended up having no distribution deal for Finland.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah that sucks ! whos carring them now [Jacksons] did they get new dist over there? //Steve

Comment

I'm not sure..
                  But they used to be distributed by Musamaailma (http://www.musamaailma.fi/) and if you check their website now, they switched to ESP as well.

Comment

I couldn't think of anything worse than to be without Jackson guitars. I'm still optomistic about all this. So far FMIC is taking Jackson in a direction that appears to be from the wish lists we had on this board. The Jackson DK2 with Flame inlay fretboard was one suggestion I can remember from the post. It looks pretty cool. As soon as I see a maple fretboard on anything I'll be happy. It looks like they are going to put out what we have been asking for. I can feel it. I play Jackson guitars because I LOVE Jackson guitars. Alot of guitarists from the glory days of the 80's introduced me to Jackson. If it weren't for artists endorsing Jackson and Charvel guitars, most of us wouldn't know what they were and wouldn't buy them. I wouldn't have known what a PRS guitar was if not for every mainstream artist using them. Jackson needs to stop dropping the ball here and get some young, popular and maybe some legendary talent to pick up a Jackson again. Right now, history and value are all that stands between Jackson going belly up and Jackson success. Summer NAMM will show us whats in store I hope. I would like to play a post Fender buyout Jackson to see for myself.

Comment

roope latvala went to ESP too?!? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I csn't believe that!! alexis guitars got stolen, but roope still has his guitars?!
                      I saw him on stage with his javcksons many time, and well, they're not playing together, it'S symbiosis!!!
                      roope was the first one to build a 24fretted rhoads, and he's been playing these guitars for about 20 years now!!
                      I can't believe anything could happen that would make HIM change to another brand...

can anyone confirm this information?
                      tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

I can confirm it.
                        The ESP endorsement isn't for Alexi Laiho, but for the bands that he plays in. Which means that the endorsement applies to Children Of Bodom and Sinergy.
                        Alexi Laiho, Roope Latvala, Alexander Kuoppala and Henkka Blacksmith changed to ESP. I'm not sure if Lauri Porra (man, you'd die laughing at this guy's name if you knew portuguese... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ) changed to ESP as well though.

I can try to find the msg Kimberly sent me where she confirmed that Roope changed to ESP. I think she even posted it on the forum as well.

Comment

I'd go ESP too if I were them.. if I ordered and played Jacksons for 15 years, not get paid by them, not get free guitars, but give free adveritising constantly, and then one day just get custom orders cancelled and an endorsement deal goes down the ****ter without reason, I would ditch Jackson too. He's one of the most recognized guitarist in the european and japanese metal scene and is getting bigger and bigger in the US, he deserves to get a paid endorsement, or free guitars if anything.. Jackson already missed the nu-metal scene, the underground metal scene was nothing but Jacksons at some point, but nowadays you don't see Jacksons in the hands of any decent artist too often. Oh well, as long as they keep making the best guitars I don't care so much.

Comment

Yeah, the Jackson artist relations have been a piece of sh*t in the past few years. Let's hope that it gets better now that Fender bought Jackson.
                            Ot doesn't really bother me that Jackson didn't give a damn about the nu-metal genre. Nu-metal sucks, and most nu-metal guitarists can't play a thing. Besides, most stupid trends go away quite fast, and nu-metal is pretty much near the end. It does bother me that Jackson is letting some awesome guitarists like Alexi and Roope go just like that though...

Comment

well i'm definetely not a nu-metal fan either [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] But nu-metal is what sells guitars now.

Comment

Kimberly posted this on January 20th, 2003:
                                Well, I really have no comment on this issue since it doesn't directly involve me. To answer one question...Roope will NEVER stop using Jacksons, that's for sure! (but that's what Alexi used to say [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )....hey really, it's not my place to comment.
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">On the same day, the Sinergy.org webmaster posted this:
                                I talked with Roope about this. And it's likely that Roope and Alexi are accepting the ESP endorsement. Don't know more about this than that.
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And he posted this on the next day.
                                Well, Roope has 2 (or 3?) Jackson RR's and Alexi does have one left (which was in a really bad shape but he got it fixed right before the tour). It would have taken at least 6 months for Alexi to get a new custom Jackson, and with all the **** Fender is pulling with Jackson it would have been very costly (customs cost 2500€ and more) since both Roope and Alexi "lost" their endorsements when Fender bought Jackson and probably taken up to 1 year.
                                But time will tell.... It's sad because when guitarists think Laiho and Latvala they think Jackson RR's...
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The only Jackson guitar Alexi has left is this one (picture taken by me on January 26th here in Portugal), and it's in a REALLY bad condition (as you can probably see in the picture).

Comment

Working...
                                X